PDA

View Full Version : Motorhome search

andromeda
15-01-2016, 06:25
Suggestions please. Looking for another MH and going crossed eyed looking at the computer. Any links/ideas gratefully received however obvious. Modest budget for a 2nd hand reliable 6 berth. Gertie has shrunk with dog, George, grandchildren plus friends all wanting to come away. Keep telling myself there'll be a time when grandchildren won't want to come so to make the most of it. So any suggestions please?

Admin
15-01-2016, 09:19
Knowing your budget would help.

Also are you paying cash? (i.e. not finance)
Are you looking for a warranty?
Do you want an oven, or will just a hob do?
Maximum length? (because of parking at home)

As an example:

1997 PEUGEOT 2.5D ELDDIS AUTOSTRATUS CK 6 BERTH MOTORHOME LOVELY CONDITION | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-PEUGEOT-2-5D-ELDDIS-AUTOSTRATUS-CK-6-BERTH-MOTORHOME-LOVELY-CONDITION-/401053659194?hash=item5d60a9303a:g:x7kAAOSwo6lWQ3H v)

yorkslass
15-01-2016, 09:26
Just been looking at autotrader and realised that just because you have the sleeping capacity doesn't mean you have the seatbelts to go with them. It could become an expensive search. Good luck.
Just seen a nice looking one on autotrader,1999 hymer in Shipley,£10,000.

trevskoda
15-01-2016, 09:31
Get some one to do a self build its the way to go.

oldish hippy
15-01-2016, 11:13
whilst you out there looking let me know if you find a cheap hymer exis 5.5 mtrs or there about or a nice 2 or 4 berth not a pvc same size 5.5 mtrs as it driven as daily vechile ok it dont have to be 5.5 spot on can mange a few centermetres long but not a metre 6 is tight 2000 0nward sensible money
bank loan in place ready to godependent on price will have to sel mine needs tidying but runs well does what it supposed to do

oldish hippy
15-01-2016, 11:30
Just been looking at autotrader and realised that just because you have the sleeping capacity doesn't mean you have the seatbelts to go with them. It could become an expensive search. Good luck.
Just seen a nice looking one on autotrader,1999 hymer in Shipley,£10,000.

Burtsner A747-2 7 sleeper motorhome | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burtsner-A747-2-7-sleeper-motorhome-/161947187277?hash=item25b4cdf84d:g:OJkAAOSw5dNWmCZ W)
this has 6 seat belts

Argos A 747-2 G Details - Floor plans - Argos - Alcove models - Motorhomes¬ -¬ B√ľrstner (http://www.buerstner.com/uk/motorhomes/alcove_models/argos/floor_plans/details/model/argos-a-747-2-g_default-1.html)

lebesset
15-01-2016, 11:33
Suggestions please. Looking for another MH and going crossed eyed looking at the computer. Any links/ideas gratefully received however obvious. Modest budget for a 2nd hand reliable 6 berth. Gertie has shrunk with dog, George, grandchildren plus friends all wanting to come away. Keep telling myself there'll be a time when grandchildren won't want to come so to make the most of it. So any suggestions please?

do you have a class C licence still ?

andyjanet
15-01-2016, 12:20
do you have a class C licence still ?

CHEEKY you should never mention anything about a ladies age.
Good luck with your search anne

Gee
15-01-2016, 13:10
I'll second the self build route.

You can design the layout to suit your needs exactly
Much easier to modify, add-ons or repair fittings as you wish
You get a lot newer van for your money (I ended up a four year old self build for the same price as a 20 year old flimsy)
Insurance is simples (I pay £200 fully comp upto 240 days out the UK)
No expensive/hard to find body panels required in case of a bump

Downsides

Takes longer to do
If you build it yourself it makes you swear like a sailor
Because your layout ticks all the boxes you never want to get rid of it

I wasn't a confident diyer before doing this, but loads of help on here and sbmcc and videos on youtube. Once its finished send of some phots to dvla to change V5 to a motorcaravan.

Mine sits 5 (all 3 point belts) and sleeps 4 (5 at a push)

Get some one to do a self build its the way to go.

Jack Russell
15-01-2016, 14:48
whilst you out there looking let me know if you find a cheap hymer exis 5.5 mtrs or there about or a nice 2 or 4 berth not a pvc same size 5.5 mtrs as it driven as daily vechile ok it dont have to be 5.5 spot on can mange a few centermetres long but not a metre 6 is tight 2000 0nward sensible money
bank loan in place ready to godependent on price will have to sel mine needs tidying but runs well does what it supposed to do
Keep a look out for two of them 😁 we are thinking about something similar.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS