PDA

View Full Version : For my ex military colleagues - the PC brigade won't get the joke!

Siimplyloco
18-01-2016, 19:12
A politician, a reporter and an British Soldier were captured by Daesh, and told they were to be beheaded. All 3 were offered a last request before the deed was done. The politician asked that he could hear "the internationale" one last time. A recording of the communist anthem was duly found, and played out to the teary-eyed leftie. The reporter requested that he be allowed to address the camera used to record the executions, so that he got his face on TV even after he died. The terrorists agreed to this. The soldier simply asked that each of the terrorists present gave him a kick up the arse before he was beheaded. Bemused, they did as he asked. As the last extremist boot went in, the soldier pitched forward, rolled, whipped out the browning 9mm he had concealed in his trousers and started shooting till he ran out of ammo. Grabbing an AK47 from dead terrorist, he calmly finished off his would-be executioners before pulling out a Cuban cigar and lighting it from his hot gun barrel. The amazed reporter and politician thanked the soldier profusely, but were puzzled as to why he had asked for the arse-kicking before he performed his heroics. "Well", says the soldier, "when we get back to the UK, I can't have you two stringing me up for an unprovoked attack"

Siimplyloco
18-01-2016, 21:08
That's eight likes from 43 views. I would say that's quite a significant ratio and it should send a real message to the limp wristed left!
Of course I am not referring to anyone one here...
John

channa
18-01-2016, 22:01
That's eight likes from 43 views. I would say that's quite a significant ratio and it should send a real message to the limp wristed left!
John

Limp wristed lefties don't come into it least of your worries .....when the employer MOD sells its forces short

Channa

Sparks
18-01-2016, 22:24

runnach
18-01-2016, 23:03
Of course I am not referring to anyone one here...John

Off course not :lol-053:

snowbirds
19-01-2016, 06:29
Hi John,

Just seems like a normal night out in Benidorm to me.:ninja::angel:

John.

A politician, a reporter and an British Soldier were captured by Daesh, and told they were to be beheaded. All 3 were offered a last request before the deed was done. The politician asked that he could hear "the internationale" one last time. A recording of the communist anthem was duly found, and played out to the teary-eyed leftie. The reporter requested that he be allowed to address the camera used to record the executions, so that he got his face on TV even after he died. The terrorists agreed to this. The soldier simply asked that each of the terrorists present gave him a kick up the arse before he was beheaded. Bemused, they did as he asked. As the last extremist boot went in, the soldier pitched forward, rolled, whipped out the browning 9mm he had concealed in his trousers and started shooting till he ran out of ammo. Grabbing an AK47 from dead terrorist, he calmly finished off his would-be executioners before pulling out a Cuban cigar and lighting it from his hot gun barrel. The amazed reporter and politician thanked the soldier profusely, but were puzzled as to why he had asked for the arse-kicking before he performed his heroics. "Well", says the soldier, "when we get back to the UK, I can't have you two stringing me up for an unprovoked attack"

Steve121
19-01-2016, 14:01
Anyone who watches the news should get it.

Yogihughes
19-01-2016, 14:19
Aye, but remember, we live in a democracy, so we get a chance to put things right once every 5 years!
Even then, the barstewards that we vote in forget their promises when they get their snouts in the trough.

Steve121
19-01-2016, 16:00
Aye, but remember, we live in a democracy, so we get a chance to put things right once every 5 years!
Even then, the barstewards that we vote in forget their promises when they get their snouts in the trough.

But no matter who you vote for the government always get in.

Randonneur
19-01-2016, 18:54
Can't see why anyone would volunteer to join the armed forces these days. They get sent to the backsides of our planet to do the s****y jobs our politicians don't want to do then when they come back they get an army of ambulance chasing lawyers on their backsides and zero help or defence from their superior commanders!!! :scared: :scared:

Never mind fighting a foreign enemy, our lads & lasses have a big enough job trying not to get killed or prosecuted by their own side!!!!!!! :mad2: :mad2:

alcam
19-01-2016, 19:04
Anyone who watches the news should get it.

Didn't think it was that difficult

GWAYGWAY
19-01-2016, 19:31
Do not forget the legal aid to represent them something you and I will not get for legal help in case of being blamed for a crime or even shooting the enemy in battle.

janner
19-01-2016, 20:17
Do not forget the legal aid to represent them something you and I will not get for legal help in case of being blamed for a crime or even shooting the enemy in battle.

i don't know about you but the chances of me shooting the 'enemy' in battle are quite remote,

Siimplyloco
20-01-2016, 07:32
Thanks for all the 'likes' and comments: clearly an issue close to many hearts!
John

rambling rosie
20-01-2016, 09:46
War criminals are war criminals whether they are in khaki or robes.

Thank goodness for politicians who keep the crazed ones in check.

Beemer
20-01-2016, 11:38

I agree.. It would be good to read the whole story though, when you read headings like "British Sniper Investigated for not shouting warning in Iraq". There must be more to it than a sniper being investigated because he/she didn't shout "stop/halt or I fire" from his position, which could have been a few hundred metres away from the threat.
We just get fed the juicy bit by the media, and we assume the rest, rightly or wrongly.

alcam
20-01-2016, 12:00
I agree.. It would be good to read the whole story though, when you read headings like "British Sniper Investigated for not shouting warning in Iraq". There must be more to it than a sniper being investigated because he/she didn't shout "stop/halt or I fire" from his position, which could have been a few hundred metres away from the threat.
We just get fed the juicy bit by the media, and we assume the rest, rightly or wrongly.

Agree totally . The forces get sent out to do a pretty horrible job usually , in recent times , for all the wrong reasons . That is , obviously , not their fault . They should , of course , be supported whilst doing their job . Those who are maimed and injured should be supported afterwards , this should not be down to charity .
It would be naive to think that wrongdoings don't happen in these situations . Any member of the forces who commit crimes should , of course , be dealt with . These people are doubly guilty , as well as committing crimes they let their country and their mates down

jack the dog
20-01-2016, 22:38
Never a truer word is spoken in jest

Siimplyloco
21-01-2016, 07:28

Just occasionally a country needs its military people to keep the crazed politicians in check!
John

rambling rosie
21-01-2016, 08:42
Just occasionally a country needs its military people to keep the crazed politicians in check!
John

Fortunately this country hasn't quite reached that stage, but the rancid right seem determined to change the situation.

Ed on Toast
11-10-2016, 07:22

A few hundred metres? That doesn't take a sniper, a chef could do that :)

GWAYGWAY
11-10-2016, 07:41
John

It is a higher ratio than that, I read it a couple of times extra.

izwozral
11-10-2016, 08:02
All the current investigations into alleged wrong doing by our servicemen in Iraq and Afghanistan, should be scrapped forthwith. Most investigations no doubt were instigated by the No Win No Pay shysters. We were involved in a dirty war, sh1t happens.

sagart
11-10-2016, 08:42
All the current investigations into alleged wrong doing by our servicemen in Iraq and Afghanistan, should be scrapped forthwith. Most investigations no doubt were instigated by the No Win No Pay shysters. We were involved in a dirty war, sh1t happens.

No British soldier has ever committed a war crime? We must be unique in the world.
I remember an uncle of mine involved in the Korean war who said that his team had done things they would not have wanted looked into

izwozral
11-10-2016, 09:08
No British soldier has ever committed a war crime? We must be unique in the world.
I remember an uncle of mine involved in the Korean war who said that his team had done things they would not have wanted looked into

Didn't say that no war crimes were committed, my last sentence alludes to that. We were involved in a dirty war with atrocities coming from all sides, I just don't agree that, we in the UK, should be the only ones to hold our personnel to account when there isn't a cat in hell's chance of other nations of holding there forces to account. Till those other nations apply the same standards of keeping their forces in check then I don't see why we should hound our personnel, in what in many cases will be trumped up charges by the ££££ chasers.

In every war there will be atrocities committed, it's the nature of war, however, I would hazard a guess that the UK forces are one of the most disciplined and I am sure military courts are quite capable of meting out punishment without the need for the greedy lawyers getting involved.

Tezza
11-10-2016, 09:21
John
You give the left far too much praise. I don't think it was ed milliband or even Harold Wilson who actually wrote the Geneva convention , or set up the international criminal court though.But if that's what you think hey great.
There are rules to play by....break them suffer the consequences. Our services are supposedly a highly trained fighting force. That's what I want them to be also , not a load of thugs or no better than football hooligans who think they are above the law. The law by the way that wasn't drafted by the the left .
I see your back as a guest? Putting the doll back in the pram are we?

Ed on Toast
11-10-2016, 09:29
This is not a case of equality of justice, this is simply a few legal firms claiming all sorts of aid to represent scurrilous claims made in situations that are very, if not impossible to accurately evidence.

If evidence is available then there have been several documented cases of the MOD dealing harshly with the perpetrators. Break the Rules of Engagement and every soldier can face the the investigative force of the military, which is not bound by the restrictions seen by the civil police etc...

This is not about that. It is about certain law firms, Public Interest Lawyers (PIL) lining their pockets, it is the behaviour of such parasitic law firms churning out spurious claims against our armed forces on an industrial scale at the expense of the UK tax payer and also the health and well-being of some of our service personnel.

Millions of pounds that, to be honest we could spend on more important things that some flash solicitors next Maserati.

Action is and should be taken to close these routes of abuse of our legal system.

Having said that, I fail to see how this thread on Wild Camping, is going to achieve anything but polarise views of our membership. It has nothing at all to do with Wild Camping, unless it gets very wild, after I have gone to bed on meets.

izwozral
11-10-2016, 09:34
This is not a case of equality of justice, this is simply a few legal firms claiming all sorts of aid to represent scurrilous claims made in situations that are very, if not impossible to accurately evidence.

If evidence is available then there have been several documented cases of the MOD dealing harshly with the perpetrators. Break the Rules of Engagement and every soldier can face the the investigative force of the military, which is not bound by the restrictions seen by the civil police etc...

This is not about that. It is about certain law firms, Public Interest Lawyers (PIL) lining their pockets, it is the behaviour of such parasitic law firms churning out spurious claims against our armed forces on an industrial scale at the expense of the UK tax payer and also the health and well-being of some of our service personnel.

Millions of pounds that, to be honest we could spend on more important things that some flash solicitors next Maserati.

Action is and should be taken to close these routes of abuse of our legal system.

Having said that, I fail to see how this thread on Wild Camping, is going to achieve anything but polarise views of our membership. It has nothing at all to do with Wild Camping, unless it gets very wild, after I have gone to bed on meets.

That is exactly what I said!

Except not so eloquently on my part.:bow::bow::bow::)

Tezza
11-10-2016, 09:34
UK Armed Forces Personnel and the Legal Framework for Future Operations (7th January 2014) (http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmselect/cmdfence/writev/futureops/law13.htm)

Tezza
11-10-2016, 10:00
The MoD has paid out £20m for over 300 claims, which is an unusual thing to do for ‘spurious’ claims, as pointed out by Lieutenant-Colonel Nicholas Mercer – the British Army’s top legal adviser in Iraq in 2003. He said in January 2016 in another article by The Independent:
"Anyone who has sued the MoD will know that they never pay a penny unless they are forced to do so…
There were plenty of serving officers and others who were concerned about our conduct in Iraq and who still are. It is time this matter was addressed properly rather than this desperate attempt to ridicule the lawyers."
PIL, along with the European Centre for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR), submitted hundreds of cases to the International Criminal Court (ICC). But the ICC has stated it sees no basis to investigate.

Now as I see it why pay out money if you have done nothing wrong? Then there is a very high ranking army legal advisor saying what he does above. 2 sides to every story.

channa
11-10-2016, 10:13
You can have what legal framework you want, and put as many bells and whistles within it as you wish. The Military has always and always will scapegoat the poor buggers on the coalface if it suits their agenda.

Anyone that has read bravo 2 Zero , will remember members of our SAS laid up were discovered by teenage nomad shepherds , rather than slot them ended up becoming POW's .

They flew in the face of their training claiming to be medics that were lost. One thing is for sure no E&E training ever really prepared them for what they had to endure. Did we chase the abusers after the war ? I don't think so.

Very easy to condemn our forces from an armchair.

Channa

Tezza
11-10-2016, 10:52
You can have what legal framework you want, and put as many bells and whistles within it as you wish. The Military has always and always will scapegoat the poor buggers on the coalface if it suits their agenda.

Anyone that has read bravo 2 Zero , will remember members of our SAS laid up were discovered by teenage nomad shepherds , rather than slot them ended up becoming POW's .

They flew in the face of their training claiming to be medics that were lost. One thing is for sure no E&E training ever really prepared them for what they had to endure. Did we chase the abusers after the war ? I don't think so.

Channa
Didnt i read that most of bravo 2 zero is an embelished account. not 100% true account.
Mike Coburn and another patrol member called Mal* testified under oath in court that some of the accounts in their books are false. It is not unreasonable now to treat the both books with a large pinch of salt. After all, that's what Peter Ratcliffe argued in Eye of the Storm.

channa
11-10-2016, 11:03
Didnt i read that most of bravo 2 zero is an embelished account. not 100% true account.
Mike Coburn and another patrol member called Mal* testified under oath in court that some of the accounts in their books are false. It is not unreasonable now to treat the both books with a large pinch of salt. After all, that's what Peter Ratcliffe argued in Eye of the Storm.

We always need to be mindful of embellishment and perception. Conspiracy theories are great 911 and Princess Diana's demise to name two.

The military are like any other organisation corruption and cover your backside technology starts at the top , and the pawns can be fed to the Lions

Channa

izwozral
11-10-2016, 11:16
The MoD has paid out £20m for over 300 claims, which is an unusual thing to do for ‘spurious’ claims, as pointed out by Lieutenant-Colonel Nicholas Mercer – the British Army’s top legal adviser in Iraq in 2003. He said in January 2016 in another article by The Independent:
"Anyone who has sued the MoD will know that they never pay a penny unless they are forced to do so…
There were plenty of serving officers and others who were concerned about our conduct in Iraq and who still are. It is time this matter was addressed properly rather than this desperate attempt to ridicule the lawyers."
PIL, along with the European Centre for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR), submitted hundreds of cases to the International Criminal Court (ICC). But the ICC has stated it sees no basis to investigate.

Now as I see it why pay out money if you have done nothing wrong? Then there is a very high ranking army legal advisor saying what he does above. 2 sides to every story.

£20m is a lot less than it would cost to drag 300 squaddies through the courts with all the subsequent lawyers fees, flying in witnesses, complainants, inquiries etc.

Ed on Toast
11-10-2016, 11:21
Simple Risk Mitigation

Obanboy666
11-10-2016, 12:33
You give the left far too much praise. I don't think it was ed milliband or even Harold Wilson who actually wrote the Geneva convention , or set up the international criminal court though.But if that's what you think hey great.
There are rules to play by....break them suffer the consequences. Our services are supposedly a highly trained fighting force. That's what I want them to be also , not a load of thugs or no better than football hooligans who think they are above the law. The law by the way that wasn't drafted by the the left .
I see your back as a guest? Putting the doll back in the pram are we?

I wondered what had happened to Simplyloco him being a prolific poster.
Care to enlighten me what caused him to leave ?

Tezza
11-10-2016, 12:55
No idea...one minute he's a member the next he isn't. Now back as a guest .

Fazerloz
11-10-2016, 13:35
He got a new toy. :)

delicagirl
11-10-2016, 13:41
He got a new toy. :)

Was it a drone ? :goodnight:

channa
11-10-2016, 16:02

Possibly banned.! ( I can't say I would be surprised)

If he didn't renew his subscribed membership, he would revert to Free Member

Guest is politely given to those no longer part of the forum, so that posts have continuity that makes sense

Channa

maureenandtom
11-10-2016, 18:02

Channa

For which action the author was awarded the Distinguished Conduct Medal to add to the Military Medal already earned.

Ed on Toast
11-10-2016, 18:07
I think Victor 2 was a far more accurate account of such a mission

maureenandtom
11-10-2016, 18:30
I think Victor 2 was a far more accurate account of such a mission

You're ex-military?

Ed on Toast
11-10-2016, 18:50
Salvation Army, man and boy

channa
11-10-2016, 19:30
For which action the author was awarded the Distinguished Conduct Medal to add to the Military Medal already earned.As much as people want to deny the story, or suggest a little lyrical manipulation, this does not take away the FACT that these lads subjected to a regime E&E can never prepare for.

Every facet of the public sector there are stories of corruption and dishonesty . To believe that our military at the coal face are not sold down the river is naïve and I am choosing my words carefully.

You need look no further than Northern Ireland

Channa

maureenandtom
11-10-2016, 19:43
Yes, of course.

From Wiki ... Distinguished Conduct Medal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distinguished_Conduct_Medal)

[I]"The Distinguished Conduct Medal was instituted by Royal Warrant on 4 December 1854, during the Crimean War, as an award to Warrant Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and men for "distinguished, gallant and good conduct in the field". For all ranks below commissioned officers, it was the second highest award for gallantry in action after the Victoria Cross, "[/

The award is not made lightly.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS