PDA

View Full Version : Sea France

grath
20-01-2009, 18:31
Any body seen this:confused:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7839180.stm

andytheplumber
20-01-2009, 19:03
After reading some previous posts,I too have booked a crossing in july with the aforementioned company-does this mean they are going down the pan?I havent paid for my ferry yet.Can anyone advise whats for the best.andy/trish

lenny
20-01-2009, 19:21
Any body seen this:confused:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7839180.stm

Good find Graham, it must be worrying for those trying to plan their holidays via the Channel crossings:(, all this uncertainty:confused:

Belgian
20-01-2009, 20:42
Sea France is a daughter of french rail (SNCF) which is also shareholder of the Shunnel. :eek:
Will they ever compete each other ? :confused:
Of course the rate > has a lot to do with it. I don't think the French government would allow Sea France to go bust.
It is time for the EU to show some teeth, to harmonize things and impose some rules (but I have doubts about that) :eek:

Hymerman
20-01-2009, 20:57
I have to agree with Belgian, the French government would never allow Sea France to go to the wall and loose French Jobs.. Their Government seems to be a lot more pro-active then ours when it comes to these sorts of things. If the pound continues to crumble against the euro and other currencies may-be Gordon Brown may throw in an offer for the company and it could become 'Sea England'. This would be better then Scotland buying it and then it would be 'Sea U Jimmy':D Only Joking!!

Belgian
20-01-2009, 21:47
Sorry to say, but now as the is crumbing down, 'old Britania' missed the train to join the years ago.(and this is no enjoyment of mishaps from my side, far from) But Ireland did take the , and they are better of now. But now it is too late, I'm afraid.:mad:
Or do as Slovakia :adopt the in a fortnight. United we stay stronger :cool:

grath
20-01-2009, 22:11
Personally, I think we should never have joined:eek:
Keep Britain British as too many rules and regulations coming from Brussels that do not suit our economy and our slightly different culture:eek:
We and to a certain extent the Germans are the only two nations that try to keep to the rules, so why have them:eek::mad:
And the French (bless their souls) blatantly ignore anything that does not suit them:D:rolleyes:;):mad:

lescombes
24-01-2009, 20:43
My pal works for SeaFrance and the French government won't let them go under......the word is that they will be using the 3 new ships and getting rid of the 2 older ones and 300 posts they other side are under threat, most will be "natural wastage" others will go the the railways......the end game to all of this will be price increases for all operators over the 2010/11 period just as the package holiday companies have done this year..........so just get out there before we can't afford to cross the channel when the pound is finally stuffed for good

grath
24-01-2009, 20:44
My pal works for SeaFrance and the French government won't let them go under......the word is that they will be using the 3 new ships and getting rid of the 2 older ones and 300 posts they other side are under threat, most will be "natural wastage" others will go the the railways......the end game to all of this will be price increases for all operators over the 2010/11 period just as the package holiday companies have done this year..........so just get out there before we can't afford to cross the channel when the pound is finally stuffed for good

So my summer holiday crossing is safe:cool:

DRS
25-01-2009, 13:20
I don't think that not being in the Euro has anything to do with the week pound but has more to do with haveing a couple of idiots ruining the economy by borrowing many billions to pay for a flawed ideology of a one world. Now the tax payer will have to foot the bill for decades to come.

Nogger
26-01-2009, 14:36
just read the article,only yesterday did i book and paid for my crossing for the 11th April, with motorhome user discount i may add -30% !!!! Personally cannot see a termination of this crossing,although Norfolk line are doing there very best in offering better prices for the crossing Dunkirk-Dover.

regards nogger

tony
26-01-2009, 14:49
after all our years losing money when we go over to the uk it is a change for us. imagine going into a bank with 300 euro & coming out with only
200 sterling , thats the way it was for so long. but we still cashed our euro & went across the water.
tony

peppers
26-01-2009, 15:06
[it only costs 100 000 pounds a minute to the uk to be a member [what a bargain]

t&s
05-02-2009, 19:35
LD Lines have taken over the customer list may be a phone call advising them of your lost crossing will encourage them to offer you a replacement crossing without charge just advise them that you will publicise there generosity on the largest motorhome website in the uk (this one ) if you are succesfull

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS