PDA

View Full Version : Les Français parlent Anglais !

Belgian
21-01-2009, 22:33
On of the best information sites about motorhoming in France is Campingcar-infos. ..... but in French....
Now they added an English 'aid':
http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/aide_anglaise.htm
(it must have cost them a rib to come that far :rolleyes::p)
Voilà, moins de problèmes pour les tommies :eek::D:D

bodgerndog
22-01-2009, 15:12
Merci bien...useful link :)

I had to chuckle when I saw...

"Click a department to show it only once."

...shades of 'allo 'allo? :D

Belgian
22-01-2009, 19:51
Don't be too sarcastic please ? :confused:
They have découvert there is une autre langue next to le français and that toulemonde ne comprend pas le français and some people soufrent from a disease linguistique qu'on nomme l'anglais. :eek:
They are making an effort, praise them (and the lord) for this, for it is quite an achievement pour les 'frogs' to do this :rolleyes:;):D
(et pout les Flamands la même chose :confused:)

grath
24-01-2009, 12:08
Excellent find as usual Leo:cool: well done!:cool:

Tony Lee
25-01-2009, 08:43
This sort of service contributes to France being THE most MH-friendly country in the world.

Baggins
26-01-2009, 16:31
This sort of service contributes to France being THE most MH-friendly country in the world.

And this:

I emailed Tourist Info Les Sables D'Olonne on Sunday afternoon asking about camper sites available during Vendee Globe return during February.

Within an hour - remember it was a January Sunday -came the reply, in perfect english of course, "We regret the nearest Camping open is 20k but we will be pleased for you to use either of our large car parks for your stay - we look forward very much to your visit to our town". "Please advise if you require me to send you a map"

Try to get this sort of service in Torbay - or most other places in UK.

BW

lenny
26-01-2009, 18:00
I,m afraid the UK are lightyears behind Europe when it comes to Motorhomers:(:confused::cool:

Belgian
26-01-2009, 20:23
And this:

I emailed Tourist Info Les Sables D'Olonne on Sunday afternoon asking about camper sites available during Vendee Globe return during February.

Within an hour - remember it was a January Sunday -came the reply, in perfect english of course, "We regret the nearest Camping open is 20k but we will be pleased for you to use either of our large car parks for your stay - we look forward very much to your visit to our town". "Please advise if you require me to send you a map"

Try to get this sort of service in Torbay - or most other places in UK.

BW
Hi Baggins,
De temps en temps ils sont incroyable :confused:
If you fancy the Vendée; have a look at the thread I posted here a few days ago.
'Les Sables' is fine, but their big parkings are way out the centre and off the coast. There is a spot however nearby:
La CHAUME (182X52)
Pl. de la Capitainerie, Port de plaisance « Olonna » wc, tap
But a really nice setting is
TALMONT St HILAIRE (182Y52)
M aire munic. >< Chau, plan d’eau, 16pl,, S=free, 100m > shops, restaurants
N 46 28 1.7, W 1 36 58.1
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/belgian_2008/HPIM0149.jpg
There is also an aire in the hamlet of 'Querry-Pigeon'. 500m >Plage du Veillon
(no night !) .
Also services at the Super U near Talmont. Avoid the yachtharbour of Port-Bourgonay (= private; penalties)
Another nice place is the parking near 'Fruits de Mer' side-road of the D129
(> les Sables) 1km from Port-Bourgonay

Baggins
26-01-2009, 22:30
Hi Belgian

Many thanks indeed for that info.

I expect to stay 2/3 weeks befor going south looking for sun so will enjoy trying your suggestions.

Also have printouts of lists you have posted for the area - thanks again for your efforts that are much appreciated.

Best regards

BW

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS