PDA

View Full Version : stolen from Huddersfield

helen262
10-02-2016, 16:20
Please keep your eyes open.

Mercedes based Sprinter coachbuilt stolen from Huddersfield last night Tues 9th Feb. This belonged to someone who was full-timing in it and has now lost everything except fortunately her dog who she was taking for a walk at the time it went missing.

It wont let me post links to facebook so i cant share the link but i have attached a pic. Reg Number YX07KXH

izwozral
10-02-2016, 16:23
:mad1::mad1::mad1: Fingers crossed for the owner.

carol
10-02-2016, 16:24
Oh god, how awful. I hope she gets it back. Keep us updated Helen.

yorkslass
10-02-2016, 16:37
We will keep a look out but I'm not optimistic. The thought of it makes me feel sick. I don't know what I 'd want to do to them if I got hold of them.

Chris356
10-02-2016, 17:52
That is devastating again they programme a key through the OBD I have gone to great lengths to make sure my transit will not go missing if anyone needs any advise on immobilising your vehicle drop me a pm
Chris

Penny13
10-02-2016, 18:53
Feel sick, it's awful, sending huge hugs and I hope she is being looked after 😀

yorkieowl
10-02-2016, 18:57
So sorry to hear of their loss, gutting, will keep my eyes open, whereabouts in Huddersfield was it?

helen262
10-02-2016, 19:39
So sorry to hear of their loss, gutting, will keep my eyes open, whereabouts in Huddersfield was it?

Hi, im not sure as it was posted on facebook as just Huddersfield, although Richard is quite sure he has seen it parked in the Leeds Rd area recently (ours is also a sprinter based coachbuilt so we tend to spot them easily as there aren't that many around.)

We also live in Huddersfield so im going to be paranoid now :(

yorkieowl
10-02-2016, 20:06
Its bound to make you nervous so close to home, we are only at Batley, and have parked up in various parts of Hudds with the van but usually in the quieter areas, so we can just go for a walk and enjoy a bit of time in the van, that's why I was asking, I do hope it turns up, but not very hopeful, wonder if they were watching them leave the van.

oldish hippy
10-02-2016, 20:56
since mine got broken into i now use steering wheel lock all the time .and it is balanced on the horn so if it is moved it willstart the horn going rally need to fit a switch to switch off the fuel pump and hide it in plain site when ichange the van then willdo something like that and use a light switch or a 13 amp socket but just use the switch so unless you know it a fake socket it will start but wont get far have . Have seen one that was inside the door so you had to open the door turn on the fuel pump it was the interior light switch with a latching switch

wakk44
10-02-2016, 21:35
Its bound to make you nervous so close to home, we are only at Batley, and have parked up in various parts of Hudds with the van but usually in the quieter areas, so we can just go for a walk and enjoy a bit of time in the van, that's why I was asking, I do hope it turns up, but not very hopeful, wonder if they were watching them leave the van.

My thoughts as well,was the van being watched and part of a pre planned operation or was it an opportunist theft when they found it unattended.And how did they manage to start the vehicle,I assume it had an alarm/immobiliser fitted-most insurance companies insist on them being fitted.

I would hazard a guess that this has been carried out by a well organised professional gang and it's worrying to think there are people out there looking to commit crimes like this.When wildcamping it's more important than ever to choose your spot carefully and minimise the risk.

jeanette
10-02-2016, 23:24
So sorry to hear about the MH been stolen I do hope she gets it back soon but they are usually stolen to order but fingers crossed,

oldish hippy
11-02-2016, 04:26
well it not funny but sorry to say this i was offered a merc the other day on the forum weird or what no i havet heard any more about it lol

helen262
11-02-2016, 06:43
Ours is usually blocked in by my car and is covered by cctv also that i can access remotely. It also has disklok and other security measures in place. Problem comes when im on night shifts and my car isnt there to block it, although lately they seem to be stealing them in broad daylight!!

The thieves seem to steal them and move them not too far before leaving them parked up randomly in a side street to see if anyone traces it. If they havent within a few days they assume there is no tracker and are free to get them to the ports and out of the country. Most of them end up in Eastern Europe according to our local police.

Everyone who sees a MH parked in a random sidestreet should take note of the vehicle. The power of social media is crucial to stop these scum. The only one i have heard of recently who got their MH back was one where a woman rang the police as she had seen an 'out of place' MH parked in her street and she just rang them to check and it turned out to have been stolen a couple of days before. Well done that woman!!! They are usually in one piece too as they are not stealing them to trash them.

H

oldish hippy
11-02-2016, 06:54
just fit a siren that goes off when the van is not in the spot it should be just weld a box underneath with it in and get it programmed to play ice cream music as that would get peoples attention rather than a car alarm as lot of peeps hear them so often they take no notice but just imange a ice cream van going down the road at three am think you would look

Edina
11-02-2016, 07:42
just fit a siren that goes off when the van is not in the spot it should be just weld a box underneath with it in and get it programmed to play ice cream music as that would get peoples attention rather than a car alarm as lot of peeps hear them so often they take no notice but just imange a ice cream van going down the road at three am think you would look

Or a police siren!

QFour
12-02-2016, 06:38
Don't think this one is a casual steal. Think you have to plan to steal Sprinters with a second ECU programmed with key fobs. You can remove the ECU easily and replace it with one that you have previously programmed keys into

phillybarbour
12-02-2016, 06:53
I notice this van is quite unusual as the hab door has been made extra wide and it looks like there's a lift at the door. It would be strange to pre plan a theft of a very rare van as it its to spot, unless it being taken abroad for sale.

Sad news.

wakk44
12-02-2016, 06:54
Don't think this one is a casual steal. Think you have to plan to steal Sprinters with a second ECU programmed with key fobs. You can remove the ECU and replace it with one that you have previously programmed keys into

That explains a lot,I wondered how they could have bypassed the immobiliser,I'm pessimistic about the chances of recovery as it is looking increasingly likely that this theft was carried out to order by a professional gang.

QFour
12-02-2016, 07:21
There are security fixings available on the Internet to stop them removing the ECU so easily. It can be removed by pulling back the plastic trim under the wheel arch, you don't even have to get the bonnet up. It has to be a pre planned theft.

It's about time the likes of Fiat / Ford / Mercedes started employing vehicle thief's to try and break into them BEFORE they ever get produced.

Ford should have responded to their door lock problem with a recall and new locks but I would have thought the COST would be astronomic.

Chris356
12-02-2016, 07:31
That explains a lot,I wondered how they could have bypassed the immobiliser,I'm pessimistic about the chances of recovery as it is looking increasingly likely that this theft was carried out to order by a professional gang.
They can programed a key otherwise they would need a key with ecu and also the electronic steering lock which are all coded to each other

Yogihughes
12-02-2016, 07:37
Details of this theft are being shared all over the country by Facebook enthusiasts.
It may not do any good but hey ho every little helps.
I shared for Glasgow area.

Alf
12-02-2016, 07:50
Apart from the loss of personnel possessions I don't think I would want my van back after being stolen

Alf

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS