PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Morocco

bazzybabes
17-02-2016, 09:28
Off to Spain in just over a week, so looking at euronews and weather forecasts.

Not looking too good for the next three weeks, with easterly winds forecast and much much cooler than late

Weather forecast for Costa del Sol - Holiday Weather (http://www.holiday-weather.com/costa_del_sol/forecast/)

. . . and just watching Euronews on satellite, it's been showing people enjoying very snowy conditions in Jerada, Morocco, with snowploughs clearing roads.

Darcar
17-02-2016, 16:00
Down on the coast near Agadir it's about 22 degrees at the moment..
You often get snow this time of year in the mountains looks great and something different,
Or if you've got time keep going south down pass Daker it's hotter not much to see but lovely sun and sea..
Have a great time what ever you do...
Darren.

wakk44
17-02-2016, 16:13
We're also off next week but to the Algarve,15C is alright by me,much better than the current crappy weather in the UK.

John Thompson
17-02-2016, 17:40
Lots of snow reported in Spain above 500 metres ASL which is all but the Costas. Snow chains required on road in the north. Winds and high winds also causing problems.

spigot
18-02-2016, 19:09
At Tafraoute south of Marrakesh at mo,
1200 metres elevation, bloody cold at night, blazing hot during the day.
That's OK by me!

carol
18-02-2016, 20:02
What a great picture, Mike.

John H
18-02-2016, 20:08
The weather this winter in Almeria, Spain has been strange. In the run-up to Christmas we had almost unbroken sunshine and few winds - the sea temperature in mid-December was 19 Celcius! January was fine but February has shown a distinct decline in temperature and a lot of breezy conditions. Current daytime temperatures are 15 C and it feels cooler because of the breeze. Currently, most of the sunshine is in the north of the country, which we are not used to! Forecast daytime temperatures for Madrid (central) and Santander (north) are not far below what we can expect. There are currently no warnings for driving conditions but things can change before you get here (forecasts beyond a week are notoriously inaccurate). Can't comment on Morocco but I remember being caught in a snowstorm in the High Atlas mountains the last time we were there. Snow is not unusual in those parts - there are ski resorts!

welshrarebit
19-02-2016, 06:19
We're in Almerima , Spain the port Aire and see snow in the mountains. Is a little like a uk winter here.

horshamjack
19-02-2016, 07:07
That's OK by me!

Grrrr Mike you jinxed us :( pickin with rain today at Tafroute, at least it will keep the dust down :)
Looks like beers in my van later

maingate
19-02-2016, 08:18
Consider yourselves lucky.

My Father in Law was under canvas in the Atlas Mountains during WW2. No Winter kit was supplied as they had been sent to the Desert, just a Greatcoat. :)

spigot
19-02-2016, 13:44
That's OK by me!

Grrrr Mike you jinxed us :( pickin with rain today at Tafroute, at least it will keep the dust down :)
Looks like beers in my van later

Yes, you're right, I should have kept my mouth shut, I was woken by rain this morn.
But it was the first rain we encountered since sailing for Santander exactly one month ago, so mustn't grumble.
The Feb average rainfall for this valley is about 20mm, about the same amount that can drop on the UK in a couple of hours.
Sunshine forecast again for tomorrow!

spigot
25-02-2016, 12:58
Still in Tafraoute, blazing hot by day, cool at night.
Must try & get further on, this place is sticky. It's a fantastic location, we've now been here 2 weeks, the longest we've ever stayed in one place.
It's a wild camping spot, though a "Guardian" collects 10 dirham (80p) a day.
The scenery is stunning, we are in a valley surrounded by mountains that turn red at sunset, also there is another hazard, horshamjack is next door & he keeps getting me pissed, his van is the one with the striped wind break (if the photo sends)

spigot
25-02-2016, 13:02
Add Content

carol
25-02-2016, 18:16
Looks great!

spigot
01-03-2016, 07:33
Yes, there is snow in Morocco.

The damned stuff stopped us doing the scenic route to Marrakesh from the south.

The Tizi-n-Test pass over the High Atlas was closed.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS