PDA

View Full Version : Car Taynuilt

Yogihughes
07-04-2016, 08:18
I don't know if this has been posted before or not, but new signs have been erected at Taynuilt pier stating no overnight parking for Caravans and Campervans. (Tents are allowed though).

There is no TRO info posted but I'm afraid that it looks like that is another spot lost to us.
(I know many people on other forums who have said that they will ignore the signs).

I recently stayed overnight here and spent a few pounds in the local grocer's and also spent a few in the local hotel on a couple of beers as well.

The only people that I saw making any mess were local dog walkers who have never picked up after their dogs any time that I have been there.

Sorry title should have read CR Taynuilt.

caledonia
07-04-2016, 09:11
Well I personally will ignore the signs and overnight. What's the worst that can happen, being asked to move? Just be polite and agree to move in the morning.

Yogihughes
07-04-2016, 09:38
Sign put up by the Council so next thing if ignored will be height barriers probably.

caledonia
07-04-2016, 11:05
I wouldn't think a motorhome staying for one night would have any issues, these signs are to deter tinkers turning up in droves and trashing the place. Height barriers are no problem for me my van is under 2m in height.

Yogihughes
07-04-2016, 11:46
In that case, there is no problem for you Caledonia.
The way you describe your van, you can park anywhere a car could, so good luck in your travels.

caledonia
07-04-2016, 12:11
The main reason for buying the van I did was so I wouldn't be restricted. I have a VW T5 with a pop top and yes I can go anywhere a car can go which is handy when wilding in the Highlands and driving our lovely single track roads. Happy travels to you yogi.

2cv
07-04-2016, 13:27
I read elsewhere that the council realise that these signs have no legal basis but are in response to a couple of instances of waste being left. They are an experiment of which the police are aware and should parking overnight continue barriers will be erected or a TRO arranged.

POI Admin
07-04-2016, 20:55
I don't know if this has been posted before or not, but new signs have been erected at Taynuilt pier stating no overnight parking for Caravans and Campervans. (Tents are allowed though).

There is no TRO info posted but I'm afraid that it looks like that is another spot lost to us.
(I know many people on other forums who have said that they will ignore the signs).

I recently stayed overnight here and spent a few pounds in the local grocer's and also spent a few in the local hotel on a couple of beers as well.

The only people that I saw making any mess were local dog walkers who have never picked up after their dogs any time that I have been there.

Sorry title should have read CR Taynuilt.

There is a very recent thread about this here:

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/argyllshire/52374-cr-taynuilt-jetty.html?highlight=Taynuilt

POI Admin
07-04-2016, 20:59
I read elsewhere that the council realise that these signs have no legal basis but are in response to a couple of instances of waste being left. They are an experiment of which the police are aware and should parking overnight continue barriers will be erected or a TRO arranged.

I fail to see how a height barrier or TRO can be guaranteed to prevent waste being deposited!

If this is the cause of complaint, surely it makes more sense to fine the perpetrators.

2cv
07-04-2016, 21:06
I fail to see how a height barrier or TRO can be guaranteed to prevent waste being deposited!

If this is the cause of complaint, surely it makes more sense to fine the perpetrators.

Couldn't agree more. These are isolated incidents. I was going to quote the council meeting details but they have been removed now from where I saw them. Another incident was a group of 5 vans of people behaving in a rowdy manner there on one occasion.
Nevertheless one way or another it seems likely that this spot is doomed.

christine
07-04-2016, 22:02
A few years ago we arrived to the aftermath of some local youths party. The huge fire (actually in the car park)was still smouldering and bottles and cans left everywhere. We got talking to a couple of canoeists tent camping who had been there the night before and said it was a very lively and loud night and not pleasant. They then went and gathered all the rubbish left and we proceeded to have a very peaceful couple of nights there.We were led to believe it's a regular weekend occurrence after some function in the village.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS