PDA

View Full Version : from Santander to Portugal

pokerking
25-02-2009, 14:43
Hi, any of you lads and lasses any info regarding quickest, cheapest, easiest route to get through Spain from Santander to Portugal, cheers, Alan

Pioneer
25-02-2009, 16:25
Hi pokerking,
notice it's your first post, so welcome to the site.

You don't say what part of Portugal you are heading for, but for me I would travel from Santander down to Palencia, Valladolid, Salamanca, Guarda, Santarem, then the IP-1 to Alcacer do sal, turn left and go to Pego Dam at the Barragem Salazar (horse shoe shaped reservoir). Find a nice spot in the late sun, and stop a while (R&R). On the track to the Dam is water, showering and CDP block, all free so enjoy. It will be busy.
After that travel down the coast. Melides, Villanova de Milfontes, Praia de Almograve(water and Toilets in town here). Praia da Amoreira(great beach and on grass parking prior to beach). Just to name a few, and anywhere else that takes your fancy.
Enjoy your trip.
If you see Billyb666 on your travels in his Hymer say hello from me.

Happy Camping:)

pokerking
25-02-2009, 16:59
sounds good, i will examine this route. I just want to get out of northern Spain a.s.a.p as friends of ours had a bad time there, cheers, Alan

t&s
26-02-2009, 20:41
without a destination i cant help there are so many routes an idea for you is to use :
http://www.mappy.co.uk/direct/mappy/accueil?country=GBR
enter your destination and tick avoide toll roads ! you will get a print out showing all the relevant road signs as well as the printed route turn by turn and by entering the relevant type of vehicle the fuel costs and time taken

grath
01-03-2009, 08:58
Hi, any of you lads and lasses any info regarding quickest, cheapest, easiest route to get through Spain from Santander to Portugal, cheers, Alan

Hi,
Personally, I wouldn't necessarily go for the quickest route although this could be;)
I have been along the North Spanish Atlantic coast a couple of times and the further you go the nicer it gets:) and the bonus is that it is not spoilt and very few Brits.:cool:
It is very much like Cornwall but with better weather, however it can also rain.:(
Try Galicia.:):) You also pass by the Picos de Europe (mountain range)
Enjoy!

Check this out, it might help

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3301

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS