PDA

View Full Version : Aysgarth A684 Leyburn to Hawes road

barryd
04-03-2009, 16:17
Just spent 1 night here last night on the way home (3 March 09). Around half a mile or so west of Aysgarth village the A684 comes down a hill to river level and there is a small lay by / car park type area with a foot bridge across the river. There are a couple of spots you can park a large motorhome on without being a nuisance to walkers etc. We backed right up to the edge of the river well away from the road which is fairly busy for a country road but quiet after 5:30ish and before 8am. Nice villages, walks and pubs all along the A684. Nobody bothered us at all. The only person I spoke to was a chap in a beer wagon delivering real ale who stopped to sort out his barrels. Despite best blagging efforts I couldnt get him to fit one in the gas locker.

Wee-z
04-03-2009, 16:27
looks very nice spot indeed
did you try and catch your breakfast out of the window?:D:D
Thanks for the post

weez
Tony

barryd
04-03-2009, 17:20
No but you could have! However there was a big sign saying strictly no fishing or members only or something. I think round there poaching is probably still a hanging offence. You can park your MH just dont poach the fish.

Cheers
BD

TWS
04-03-2009, 19:18
Thanks for this spot, what more could you want fishing and real ale !

Regards Tom

christine
04-03-2009, 21:59
We've picnicked here before.

pokerking
08-03-2009, 09:08
Hi, if you go that way again visit West Burton. If you ignore the cars parked round the green you will see one of Britain's prettiest villages. Find the waterfall it is awesome. I owned the pub for 10 years, The Fox & Hounds, happy travelling, Alan and Norma

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS