PDA

View Full Version : Loch Quoich Wild spot. NW Scotland

james1508
01-05-2016, 11:08
Found this great little spot in between other POI in the area but it wasnt listed. Its a 40 miles drive North of Fort William by Loch Quoich . Good spot for a few Munro's.

Google Maps (https://goo.gl/maps/xZEVNTDxbF92)

57.065905, -5.227810

runnach
01-05-2016, 11:31
A well meaning and helpful post, as this one is, should be posted in "Full Members Chat" section, only. Looks a lovely spot.

james1508
01-05-2016, 11:34
A well meaning and helpful post, as this one is, should be posted in "Full Members Chat" section, only. Looks a lovely spot.

I have put it in Wildcamping Additions/ updates how is that wrong ?

runnach
01-05-2016, 11:45
I have put it in Wildcamping Additions/ updates how is that wrong ?

Just that your new find is open to all and sundry to view, which is not your fault at all James. Perhaps the updates should be same as members chat only, which is up to admin to decide?

james1508
01-05-2016, 11:50
Just that your new find is open to all and sundry to view, which is not your fault at all James. Perhaps the updates should be same as members chat only, which is up to admin to decide?

Ok , i see what your saying. It may be a good taster though of the type of access available to Full Members ? no hard sell of course :lol-053:

Regards

POI Admin
01-05-2016, 14:07
Found this great little spot in between other POI in the area but it wasnt listed. Its a 40 miles drive North of Fort William by Loch Quoich . Good spot for a few Munro's.

57.065905, -5.227810

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have reservations about this spot. It is on a single track road, and is likely to be needed as a passing place ...

james1508
01-05-2016, 14:50
Thanks for the suggestion.

I have reservations about this spot. It is on a single track road, and is likely to be needed as a passing place ...

Hello Chris, i would have issues myself it wasnt suitable, no problem if you dont think it is safe , here is another picture, its actually bigger than the other POI in the area this being the reason to stay here. It doesn't do it justice on Google Earth

Kind Regards 40988

POI Admin
01-05-2016, 15:39
Hello Chris, i would have issues myself it wasnt suitable, no problem if you dont think it is safe , here is another picture, its actually bigger than the other POI in the area this being the reason to stay here. It doesn't do it justice on Google Earth

Kind Regards 40988

Thanks for the extra photo. I agree that Streetview makes it look less than suitable.

I've added it to the Wild Camp POIs :D

sparrks
01-05-2016, 20:55
I think that the top 2 out of the 3 of these are now no longer available due to changes in the road. I went past a couple of weeks back but forgot to make a note.

41011 Mallaig road.

Jimhunterj4
01-05-2016, 21:36

57.065905, -5.227810

Beautiful picture

james1508
02-05-2016, 07:42
Cheers Jim, yet another place in Scotland discovered , so many.

sagart
21-09-2016, 11:42
Lovely spot to stop...must call in again on my way back home

AndyR
21-09-2016, 13:24
I have reservations about this spot. It is on a single track road, and is likely to be needed as a passing place

It's perfectly fine to use. Passing places are surfaced as they're part of the public highway and are (nearly) always marked with the familiar sign. There are official passing places visible in both directions. Also, you could park an articulated lorry there!

I've overnighted on that exact spot on several occasions to get an early start with the dogs, as it's at the bottom of a gentle ridge that runs up past the lochan to the col between Gleouraich and Spidean Mialach.

POI Admin
21-09-2016, 13:48
It's perfectly fine to use. Passing places are surfaced as they're part of the public highway and are (nearly) always marked with the familiar sign. There are official passing places visible in both directions. Also, you could park an articulated lorry there!

I've overnighted on that exact spot on several occasions to get an early start with the dogs, as it's at the bottom of a gentle ridge that runs up past the lochan to the col between Gleouraich and Spidean Mialach.

You will see that after clarification I did add it to the POIs ...

Mul
21-09-2016, 17:36

... so you keep telling me as well. It's obviously a personal mission. Ahem, given there's an "Updates"section, telling folks they're downright wrong isn't helpful, far from it. The OP did absolutely nothing wrong according to the RULES of the WC Forum.

I understand the reasons why perfectly of suggesting the "Full Members...", but the bottom-up crusade of jumping on individual folks isn't helpful. Go top down and if you win i'll support it.

If you've admin permission to jump on folks because the additions section can't be moved then I'll retract all this ...

Until then, the top Man has for many years clearly decided Updates/Additions should go in the "Additions" section, and I will continue to do so until there's somewhere else OFFICIAL to put them. :wave:

Chrz Mul.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS