PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury park and ride

jann
23-05-2016, 15:04
There is a new charging system at Canterbury park and ride.instead of a charge for 24 hours,a new charge starts at midnight, so you pay for two days at 3 a day.If you arrive after 4 the charge for the rest of that day is 1 making it 4 for a night, still good value makes it easy for the ferry and you have free bus fare into town.Also water and emptying included

phillybarbour
23-05-2016, 15:24
Still ok at 6 for one day and one night off to ferry/tunnel next morning.

WandCsadventure
06-08-2016, 10:31
Any difference between the 3 park-and-rides in Canterbury? Is one better for this sort of thing?

jo662
07-08-2016, 01:35
Any difference between the 3 park-and-rides in Canterbury? Is one better for this sort of thing?

Use the New Dover Road one, as it has dedicated Motorhome parking!

WandCsadventure
07-08-2016, 07:03
thank you

GWAYGWAY
07-08-2016, 07:50
You can't use the other two as there are no bays big enough. Dover Road is the PLACE plenty of room drop point and water.

Wooie1958
07-08-2016, 08:00
I also believe the height barriers are now down at New Dover Road for the busy summer period so if the motorhome compound is full you can use that end of the main car park.

WandCsadventure
07-08-2016, 08:37
we got a ford transit van, so possible to blend in with cars

rebbyvid
07-08-2016, 09:39

link to website
Park and Ride - Canterbury City Council (https://www.canterbury.gov.uk/parking-travel-roads/parking/park-and-ride/)

AndyC
16-08-2016, 16:21
I also believe the height barriers are now down at New Dover Road for the busy summer period so if the motorhome compound is full you can use that end of the main car park.

We're at the P&R site at the moment, height barrier on the EXIT lane is down so you can drive through the no entry sign to the overflow car park on the right if the camper parking area is full. Around 15 vans there last night. Chap in the office said this was ok.

Wooie1958
16-08-2016, 16:48
We're at the P&R site at the moment, height barrier on the EXIT lane is down so you can drive through the no entry sign to the overflow car park on the right if the camper parking area is full. Around 15 vans there last night. Chap in the office said this was ok.

Any delays at Dover port ?

rebbyvid
11-09-2016, 15:52

At Canterbury now for ferry tomorrow and its chocker overflow has plenty on it .Maybe needs signage to say you can use exit which has had barrier removed as there was a van parked over the dump last night .(hope he had his windows shut) and it was an English van (Hymer) :lol-049: I can say that now :p:p

The laird
11-09-2016, 18:39
At Canterbury now for ferry tomorrow and its chocker overflow has plenty on it .Maybe needs signage to say you can use exit which has had barrier removed as there was a van parked over the dump last night .(hope he had his windows shut) and it was an English van (Hymer) :lol-049: I can say that now :p:p

Last time I was there I arrived too late and just quietly slid into the far corner of public house next door spent the night there and no hassle.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS