PDA

View Full Version : Western Isles

Philnolly
14-03-2009, 14:59
Hi

We are going for the first time to the Isles in May--- Barra, Uists, Harris & Lewis;
Can anyone recommend a suitable map covering this area.

Thanks

Phil

Belgian
14-03-2009, 15:38
You can find OS map-sections to print out on:
http://www.multimap.com/
(what a wealth of maps you have in the UK)

Philnolly
14-03-2009, 18:05
Hi Belgian

Thanks for that, should have thought of that myself, I was thinking of shop bought maps.:(

Telstar
15-03-2009, 18:43
I too am going at the end of May. Looked at the OS maps and for the north isle at least 2 if not 3 virtually overlap. Will therefore rely on my good mapbook and sat nav(!)

Jon

Wee-z
15-03-2009, 18:50
Leo

Was that more lateral thinking from europe?:D:D

weez
Tony

Guernsey Donkey
08-04-2009, 19:42
Hi - I live in the western isles - give some idea what you are looking for Petrol/prices - places to park up etc and over the next few hours I will see what I can dig out for you.

John

Pioneer
08-04-2009, 20:32
Hi - I live in the western isles - give some idea what you are looking for Petrol/prices - places to park up etc and over the next few hours I will see what I can dig out for you.

John

Hi John, stick some info in the forums threads on Scotland, when you have time.

Happy Camping:)

sagart
09-04-2009, 09:04

John

Hi from Skye! Over in the Uists early May and might get up to Lewis (have surfed there). Thanks to RET it is now cheaper to go from Uig to Lochmaddy than from Berneray to Leverburgh...makes sense to someone..

kimbowbill
11-04-2009, 00:53
i've used google to map out my route, you can switch to satelitte and it gives you a great view and you can pick out all the beaches, never use multi map but i will go and have a look anyway, thanks

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS