PDA

View Full Version : Wild campingspots in France/ Europe

traveler.13
15-03-2009, 16:12
If you are looking for wild camping spots in France and even in Europe, take a look at www.campingcar-infos.com.
For France, all the spots are gathered per departement with coordinates.

Regards

Traveler.13

Pioneer
15-03-2009, 16:37
Hi traveller.13, and welcome to the site.

Good find, just wish my French was better,:confused: but can get by, thanks again.

Happy Camping:)

marymo
17-03-2009, 17:59
Can vouch for this website - we tend to use it for reference all the time. problem of course was my french was'nt upto scratch to understand the comments. Found the following website:

http://www.french-linguistics.co.uk/translate/

Now i use tabs with both websites open, cut the comments from the camping cars infos and post them into the translation and while it is not exact it gives me enough of a flavour of what is being said.

DRS
17-03-2009, 18:35
You could also try this one I've used a few times.

http://translate.google.com/

lenny
17-03-2009, 22:14
If you are looking for wild camping spots in France and even in Europe, take a look at www.campingcar-infos.com.

Regards

Traveler.13

Thanks for sharing Traveler.13 and welcome to the site;), hey, you might know our other Belgian friend,Leo:rolleyes:, he just lives around the corner to you:p:cool:

Belgian
18-03-2009, 08:15
Thanks for sharing Traveler.13 and welcome to the site;), hey, you might know our other Belgian friend,Leo:rolleyes:, he just lives around the corner to you:p:cool:
Yes, the 'foreign branch' is expanding !:D :D;)

Wee-z
18-03-2009, 08:54
welcome to the wildys and thanks for the info

weez
Tony

Leo
many more and you wil all be Known as the foreign "legion":D:D:D

happy camping

weez
Tony

barnybg
29-03-2009, 16:21
There's a spot that has many a campervan parked up at,and it's right on the beach,on a long coastal road called Canet Plage to St-Cyprien-Plage near Perpignan not far from the French-Spanish border,thers quite a few campsites there too,but didn't fancy them,there's also some nudist beaches seperated off there !!!!!!Stayed there for a week free before entering Spain,didn't find many there !

Belgian
29-03-2009, 19:16

Regards

Traveler.13
More 'wild' is http://www.i-campingcar.fr/accueilcartes.htm
Not only 'aires' but also have a look at their BTS- highlighted in yellow- (Beauté = nice;Tranquilité= restfull; Sécurité= safe) They give not only 930 aires but also 5696 (!) stopovers in France.
easy to copy and print out, also per département; (not to much French blabla :rolleyes:)

Nosha
30-03-2009, 18:26
Good links, but I didn't get to grips with the translation too well. You can download the push pins/POI's for aires in France and motorhome wild spots in UK from www.gps-data-team.com/gps-poi.php As these are in cvs format they work in both Autoroute and down load straight into a Garmin sat nav.

channa
29-04-2009, 22:33
I wouldnt worry too much myself.

First stop off the boat / tunnel any decent newsagent.

You will be able to buy a book of Aires. they come with a map. It all becomes quite easy and if you have Sat Nav often the co ordinates.

My Sat Nav didnt work in Southern France but tbh it was never a problem when you identify the village where there is an aire often they are signposted on entry

Channa

The Cumbrian
30-04-2009, 17:19
Don't know about Northern France, but a little area near Argeles-sur-Mer, South East corner of France on the Med coast, just North of the mountain range seperating from Spain, is a lovely place to visit.

Landuoc Roussilon region for the wine buffs among us, some excellent local wines on draft, very cheap too.

I've seen a few camper vans parked in various locations, there never seems to be any problems.

Anybody interested I'll post directions / details.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS