PDA

View Full Version : New Kennacraig Ferry Kintyre, for Islay Ferry

Mul
04-06-2016, 12:26
Passed this on our recent jaunt and stopped for lunch and yet another Dog walk !

55.807137 -5.480891. Kennacraig CalMac. Lots of cars and few M/H parked up. I'd have no probs o/nighting here especially if taking Ferry.
Go into main Carpark past the Lorry only area on your right as you enter from the mainroad. Plenty of spaces and not in anybody's way.

Nice find, for me, as I'll be o/night here ready for my early Ferry next month to Jura/Islay.

Chrz Mul.

runnach
04-06-2016, 12:42
Don't take this the wrong way, mate. This type of post is better in members only section of website. From there, POI admin will pick up your useful info.

Cheers.

Mul
04-06-2016, 12:45
Don't take this the wrong way, mate. This type of post is better in members only section of website. From there, POI admin will pick up your useful info.

Cheers.

No offence taken, but ...

V. Confused though ?

What's the point of the Admin giving folks a sub forum "Wild Camping Locations/updates" then, if not for posting "additions" ... "updates" ... ?

I've posted dozens of confirmations / new POIs / inappropriate or out-of-date POIs under that banner over the years and POI admin has never mentioned anything !

runnach
04-06-2016, 13:26

V. Confused though ?

What's the point of the Admin giving folks a sub forum "Wild Camping Locations/updates" then, if not for posting "additions" ... "updates" ... ?

I've posted dozens of confirmations / new POIs / inappropriate or out-of-date POIs under that banner over the years and POI admin has never mentioned anything !

I understand your confusion, maybe this is an area Admin should look into?

To clear up confusion, section you posted, is there for all and sundry to view, even folks just passing through. Then what could happen is, area you mentioned, is no longer available for WC use.

Cheers.

Mul
04-06-2016, 13:54
Always struck me as odd too, but this "additions" sub forum is kept regularly clean. What appears to happen is that updates are picked up here and once POI admin has logged 'em, they get deleted / moved as a routine admin task. There's next to nowt in the forum page, only what's not been actioned. I never mind that what I post vanishes once it's been picked up.

I agree though there could be a better way to keep 'em "secret" from the outset.

POI Admin
05-06-2016, 00:38

V. Confused though ?

Personally I am not concerned that POI updates and additions are posted in an open forum. I imagine that if Admin (Phil) was worried about this he would act accordingly.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS