PDA

View Full Version : VW stolen from Epsom

Sparks
05-06-2016, 08:17
Posted on Facebook - NOT my van.

Please help people of the Epsom Area. Last night our beloved campervan was stolen from our home in Tadworth. It is a T2 mint green and white VW.

We have only had it for 2 weeks. And have brought for lovely family holidays for years and years to come. It can't have gone far as it has some engine issues. Please report it to me or the police if you see it anywhere.

It has a cute little wooden roof rack, green and white check curtains & red tartan bunks, right hand drive, perfect body Reg GLX 365J

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153500911231160&set=o.288715971219457&type=3&theater

(https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153500911231160&set=o.288715971219457&type=3&theater)

QFour
11-06-2016, 22:17
Expensive VW wonder if it had Steering Lock and Wheel Clamp. All these old vehicle are easy to get into. My old mini's lock was so worn anything would open it. Probably didn't even have a steering lock. His Insurance Company are not going to be happy.

mandrake
12-06-2016, 06:14
must be realy disheartening to have lost there van and i feel for them ,but as these vans are so expensive to buy even in a poor state never mind a good one shurely even though it seems to have some type of engine problem .the first priority would be to fork out a few hundred pounds more on a imobiliser and an alarm even a basic one would have helped and a tracker fitted . lets hope they do get it back and complete and with as little damage as possible but it may very well be being broken as we speak . mind you i would be looking into who or where i had bought it from aswell ,funny for it to be stolen so soon after buying it maybe its my suspicious mind but all the seller needs to have is a set of keys to have it away without any fuss or trouble after all the know exactly where the van is as the buyers will have given the seller there full address on the log book change . ps lets hope the new owners have full written proof of there ownership as well not just a scribbled receipt on a piece of paper as many people have nowadays when they buy from ebay or some so called private seller if thats where they got it from .

sasquatch
12-06-2016, 07:59
I do feel for you as our 6 year old Hymer Exsis was stolen last Tuesday early morning probably by 'professional' thieves as we still have both sets of keys. The lonnger it takes the more I realise that modern vehicles are just as easy to steal as the old ones. Hope it is found in a decent state,mine is now probably on false plates and may be sold to an unsuspecting person.

sasquatch
12-06-2016, 07:59
I do feel for you as our 6 year old Hymer Exsis was stolen last Tuesday early morning probably by 'professional' thieves as we still have both sets of keys. The longer it takes the more I realise that modern vehicles are just as easy to steal as the old ones. Hope it is found in a decent state,mine is now probably on false plates and may be sold to an unsuspecting person.

The laird
12-06-2016, 08:01
I do feel for you as our 6 year old Hymer Exsis was stolen last Tuesday early morning probably by 'professional' thieves as we still have both sets of keys. The longer it takes the more I realise that modern vehicles are just as easy to steal as the old ones. Hope it is found in a decent state,mine is now probably on false plates and may be sold to an unsuspecting person.

Have you not had any news whatsoever or leads?

sasquatch
12-06-2016, 13:49
Have you not had any news whatsoever or leads?

Nope it pinged an ANPR camera on the A41 which was the route to a travellers site! Also 1.5 hours drive from Holyhead. As the tracker can't be detected,they have either used a jammer or its in a container,I suspect the latter as it would be easy to transport especially on a ferry with a TIR seal,probably fake. Jammers are readily available on Ebay possession is legal but use isn't as is the OBD readers. This was a 'pro job' as our 3 dogs,who bark at the mouse fart,were very quiet,I think they towed it around the corner before starting it! Just have to wait for the insurers meeting in 28 days time. The real pain is the gear that was in it,the garage alone its in excess of 1000.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS