PDA

View Full Version : CR Corsewall Point (Dumfries & Galloway) Rant.

Camper Bob
05-06-2016, 11:01
the Lighthouse has been shamefully turned into an Hotel , with associated outbuildings they're calling "suites" . As you drive down the lane/track the large white gateposts have very clear Private Property and No camping/overnight parking etc signs on them. The old car park however remains as it ever was by the look of it . I wandered down to reception with th'dog and asked the girl if the car park was hotel property , yes everything beyond the gate posts she replied . However she said she couldn't care less , the owner did but left it to her to tell people not to park , which she said she would never do , I don't blame her.

I only made this so long-winded as for me this kind of property grabbing is obscene , and not progressive. They could quite happily let a few vans overnight , hell we may even buy a drink or a meal , they're sure as hell wasn't anyone else in the place I could see.

Up to you.

alcam
05-06-2016, 14:13
the Lighthouse has been shamefully turned into an Hotel , with associated outbuildings they're calling "suites" . As you drive down the lane/track the large white gateposts have very clear Private Property and No camping/overnight parking etc signs on them. The old car park however remains as it ever was by the look of it . I wandered down to reception with th'dog and asked the girl if the car park was hotel property , yes everything beyond the gate posts she replied . However she said she couldn't care less , the owner did but left it to her to tell people not to park , which she said she would never do , I don't blame her.

I only made this so long-winded as for me this kind of property grabbing is obscene , and not progressive. They could quite happily let a few vans overnight , hell we may even buy a drink or a meal , they're sure as hell wasn't anyone else in the place I could see.

Up to you.

That will be her up for promotion then !

POI Admin
12-06-2016, 19:48
Thanks for the update. I've removed it from the POIs ...

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS