PDA

View Full Version : Out of EU. Cameron?

st3v3
24-06-2016, 06:51
Should he stay his term or go?

antiquesam
24-06-2016, 07:10
It may be a good idea if he took Mr Osborne with him.

st3v3
24-06-2016, 07:28
Well that answers that lol. He's staying for a short while. New leader in place by October.

witzend
24-06-2016, 08:47
Shows how good he is bit of a challenge and he cuts and runs

janner
24-06-2016, 09:48
all the tories involved in both sides have shown what a bunch of untrustworthy backstabbing b*stards [remember john majors quote]they really are,if the brexiteers truly believed that leaving the e.u was in the interests of our democracy they should be pushing for an autumn general election,of course they wont as they are self serving politicos,all the best,jan

Aquaticaquarian
24-06-2016, 11:16
all the tories involved in both sides have shown what a bunch of untrustworthy backstabbing b*stards [remember john majors quote]they really are,if the brexiteers truly believed that leaving the e.u was in the interests of our democracy they should be pushing for an autumn general election,of course they wont as they are self serving politicos,all the best,jan
I was going to say that the political fallout will no doubt be a bit messy within the Conservatives and I've just seen a vote of no confidence in Jeremy has been raised so it looks like there will be a fragmentation within labour too.... interesting times ahead methinks

Aquaticaquarian
24-06-2016, 11:24

sums it up nicely I think....

NeilyG
24-06-2016, 11:29
It does look as tho even if we narrowly voted to remain various other countries would have wanted a referendum of their own and some would very likely have voted out themselves. The EU has been in deep trouble for some time: too corrupt, too big, too unequal and heading for collapse.
I think Scotland has to watch out if it still wants to be independent and be part of what looks like a failing system.
Could well be a tough road ahead for us all in the short term - here's hoping it works out well eventually.

runnach
24-06-2016, 11:39
I think Scotland has to watch out if it still wants to be independent and be part of what looks like a failing system.
Could well be a tough road ahead for us all in the short term - here's hoping it works out well eventually.

Which I find difficult to understand, why seek to break away from Westminster rule and, want to remain part of Europe??

Frying pan, fire, comes to mind.

hextal
24-06-2016, 11:46
According to the guardian khan and sturgeon are looking to secure a referendum opt out for Scotland and London.

Eh????

maingate
24-06-2016, 12:01
According to the guardian khan and sturgeon are looking to secure a referendum opt out for Scotland and London.

Eh????

An Islamic Republic in the South of England? Yeah, it could happen. :raofl:

channa
24-06-2016, 12:06
Which I find difficult to understand, why seek to break away from Westminster rule and, want to remain part of Europe??

You tell me Runnach. You live in Scotland. Whatever happens, if article 50 is invoked, Which Cameron has clearly stated thats for the new leader to do so don't expect that before October. I think a lot of damage has been done..I like it to handing notice in at work. the EU could say give us the gate keys and see ya or they could shift ground on the thorny issues...gamble either way.

The result could not be better for Scotland. ..I think they will push an independence referendum again, we will be bound to do it because irrespective of yesterday we are still bound by European Laws. This time will be out the union, And I suspect out of vengence and the fact as a country voted to stop in the EU their will be a fastrack membership...they can legitimately argue they have never voted to leave.

Whether the Scots decide to become fully paid members of the EU club, time will demonstrate the fallout in the uK as a whole and possibly a better deal may be on the table for Scotland than at present.

Scotland is in a very strong position i think

I also read this morning that there is a push in Ireland to unite considering Northern ireland also as a area voted to stop in ...that would suit Eire fine. Unlike Scotland NI has a positve balance of payments

Interesting times ahead

Channa

AndyR
24-06-2016, 12:11
Which I find difficult to understand, why seek to break away from Westminster rule and, want to remain part of Europe?? Frying pan, fire, comes to mind.

The majority of English voted to leave the EU.
The majority of Scots voted to remain in the EU.

Scots will now see this as yet another example of our nation making a democratic decision and yet having the exact opposite of it imposed on us by a parliament that we didn't vote for. I suspect that the majority of scots will see remaining in the EU as more important than remaining in a now broken UK, therefore, a second referendum and Independence are inevitable.

What's really interesting is what happens now in Wales and Northern Ireland?

channa
24-06-2016, 12:17

Scots will now see this as yet another example of our nation making a democratic decision and yet having the exact opposite of it imposed on us by a parliament that we didn't vote for. I suspect that the majority of scots will see remaining in the EU as more important than remaining in a now broken UK, therefore, a second referendum and Independence are inevitable.

It seems we are on the same wavelength , which is why Scotland will get automatic membership of the EU ...without the rigmarole other countries have too. So far that is Scotlands wish ...ther next referendum re the union you guys will be out .

Channa

antiquesam
24-06-2016, 14:47
I see Mr. Corbyn is in the sh*t again for being more in touch with the Labour supporters than the rest of the parliamentary party. When it is perfectly obvious that their constituents voted Brexit one would have thought they would keep quiet and have a think about where their loyalties should be.

runnach
24-06-2016, 15:07

Independence: "freedom from being governed or ruled by another country". Guess that will not happen if Scotland did join/allowed to join the EU.

Anyways, early days, lets not be afraid of the day we may never see.

WellWornTraveller
24-06-2016, 15:19

What about the democratic decisions made by the English voters for years only to be turned over by the Scottish voters?

Bernie.

Haaamster
24-06-2016, 15:29
An Islamic Republic in the South of England? Yeah, it could happen. :raofl:

If Londoners don't want to be part of the UK anymore they can always move over to Europe.:baby:

maingate
24-06-2016, 15:47

What you did is called 'Tactical voting' and exactly what the SNP wanted. If you are not happy about it, take it up with your own leadership. It seems to me that you have been gently nudged on the path to Independance. As a lot of Scots want this anyway, I am guessing that you are at odds with your countrymen.

Another referendum is a problem for Westminster ...... they have run out of bullsh*t to try and make you change your mind. :)

channa
24-06-2016, 16:16
What you did is called 'Tactical voting' and exactly what the SNP wanted. If you are not happy about it, take it up with your own leadership. It seems to me that you have been gently nudged on the path to Independance. As a lot of Scots want this anyway, I am guessing that you are at odds with your countrymen.

Another referendum is a problem for Westminster ...... they have run out of bullsh*t to try and make you change your mind. :) The SNP must think all their birthdays have come at once.

I fully understand the Scots desire for independence I shall remind you the North of England feels equally dis enfranchised ..but we are stuck with London and Westminster. I think the disolving of the union is only a matter of time

Channa

maingate
24-06-2016, 16:40
The SNP must think all their birthdays have come at once.

I fully understand the Scots desire for independence I shall remind you the North of England feels equally dis enfranchised ..but we are stuck with London and Westminster. I think the disolving of the union is only a matter of time

Channa

The Kingdom of Northumbria (once the biggest in the Land) will rise again.

With Robson Green as King. :dance:

Lee
24-06-2016, 17:04

With Robson Green as King. :dance:

I think all this talk of politics has muddled your head, you should go and lay down in a darkened room for a while.:sleep-040:

WellWornTraveller
24-06-2016, 17:05
Kent voted overwhelmingly to leave the e.u. so in line with the Scottish mindset we should be allowed our independence. That will stop all you wild campers who go to Spain for a cheap holiday.

Bernie

:have fun::have fun::have fun::have fun::have fun:

channa
24-06-2016, 17:05

With Robson Green as King. :dance: I liked that till you mentioned Robson Green

Channa

AndyR
24-06-2016, 17:28
What about the democratic decisions made by the English voters for years only to be turned over by the Scottish voters?

Completely agree with you, but it's a scenario that can't happen if Scotland is independent. What we're talking about is 2 separate countries making their own democratic decisions, surely no-one can, given the events of today, disagree with that!

FULL TIMER
24-06-2016, 17:44

I can only assume that Sturgeon feels that they are more likely to get more money from the EU than from the UK can't see what other benefits she could possibly see in breaking free from the rest of the UK in favour of the corrupt EU.

Byronic
24-06-2016, 17:52
I liked that till you mentioned Robson Green

Channa

Sounds like an ale to me, but probably something to be found in the nasal passages to you!

channa
24-06-2016, 17:57
Sounds like an ale to me, but probably something to be found in the nasal passages to you!

A commy little twat with very little respect for anyone ...that commy he loves the capitalist spirit of feathering his own bank balance ....be easier if it were an ale

Channa

P.s I might be being slightly unkind,

maingate
24-06-2016, 18:06
A commy little twat with very little respect for anyone ...that commy he loves the capitalist spirit of feathering his own bank balance ....be easier if it were an ale

Channa

P.s I might be being slightly unkind,

Off with your head. :mad2:

Actually I could have said Ant and Dec for King but they would just squabble over who wore the Crown. :(

channa
24-06-2016, 18:14
Off with your head. :mad2:

Actually I could have said Ant and Dec for King but they would just squabble over who wore the Crown. :( like them two and like the rest of the population get them confused as to which one is which ...thay ye gooo

Channa

Mick H
24-06-2016, 18:38
The SNP is founded on a lie! It ISN'T a National party at all.

It must be the first time in history that a National party wants to hand over government to a foreign power!

If the Scots believe Sturgeon, they must be nuts. Personally, I'm not bothered if they separate from the Uk, it will save us a fortune.

When we toured Ireland, it stood out quite clearly, that Eire had lost out big time, in comparison with N.Ireland. Scotland would become the same, if they left the Uk.

mandrake
25-06-2016, 02:45
The SNP is founded on a lie! It ISN'T a National party at all.

It must be the first time in history that a National party wants to hand over government to a foreign power!

If the Scots believe Sturgeon, they must be nuts. Personally, I'm not bothered if they separate from the Uk, it will save us a fortune.

When we toured Ireland, it stood out quite clearly, that Eire had lost out big time, in comparison with N.Ireland. Scotland would become the same, if they left the Uk.
we have left the e.u thank god ,maybe its time to let northern ireland and scotland go n/ireland can join the south if they want ,just think this the south are in the e.u and are in so much trouble ,they have had to be bailed out ,bit like the Greeks ,probably save us a few quid aswell in the long run ,as for scotland yep off you go bye bye ,that will save us another few quid as well . then as we are now free of the e.u we should start fracking for gas and oil there are enough reserves under england to make us one of the richest countries in the world and the best of it is we would have got rid of three of the biggest drains on the English finances . so yes like we got shot of the e.u bye bye to the rest . like i have always said shut up and put up if not go i doubt many would loose much sleep over a break up of the union i know i wouldent .

ps. i just thought i would add i dont know who the person is that keeps on calling England ,englandshire but your so stupid ,engand is not a shire ,its made up of shires . and England is my country i was born here and am proud of it . try telling a welsh man wales is frucking ,rubbish and i can tell you now he will soon fruck you off and i wouldent blame him he is proud of his country ,thats something we in ENGLAND have been lacking for too many years so yes there's the door open it walk through it ,i will close it once youve gone .and dont come back .

caledonia
25-06-2016, 07:03
Cmon man a bit banter is good for the soul. Fracking for oil and gas? Frack off, renewables is the way forward. But maybe Englandshire will need to do something like fracking for thier energy when It all goes tats up. :dance:

Deleted user 21925
25-06-2016, 07:11
Cmon man a bit banter is good for the soul. Fracking for oil and gas? Frack off, renewables is the way forward. But maybe Englandshire will need to do something like fracking for thier energy when It all goes tats up. :dance:

Sounds like you want it to go 'tats up' for England. I've never really understood that attitude?

caledonia
25-06-2016, 07:37
Total opposite Rob, I hope we can ALL come out of this smelling of roses. Just having a bit banter with the man who thinks fracking is the way forward. :mad1:

mandrake
25-06-2016, 07:47
Total opposite Rob, I hope we can ALL come out of this smelling of roses. Just having a bit banter with the man who thinks fracking is the way forward. :mad1:

your ok but no i do think fracking is quite harmless realy , mabey slightly better than the massive amount of polution drilling for gas and oil has caused over the years . and yes even though i have said what i have said about scotlandshire which is still part of England of the uk not a seperate one ,yet mind you some would like to be and no way would i want to prevent them or stand in there way of there desires . and i would save dear nichola the trouble of trying to get another vote i would give her the keys promptly ,if the people so want . i would like us to be together and prosper .

Deleted user 21925
25-06-2016, 07:52

I am the same, I want the best for all of the 'home' countries, whether they remain part of the UK or not.

As you know, Scotland is my favourite place on earth and I visit as often as I can. I did have fears that the Scottish people may turn against the English after this result, but I can't really see it happening. There has always been banter between the Scottish and the English, whether over football, politics or whatever, and long may it continue. I'm just being a bit over sensitive at the moment!

Now, awa an bile yer heed! :D

mandrake
25-06-2016, 07:58
yes no gripes realy with the people .just that silly little twat sturgeon oh and her side kick mouthy little fat bloke forget his name stiring up trouble just so they can meet there own agendas as per all members of parliament are interested in now .

runnach
25-06-2016, 08:00
Mandie, for decades North Sea oil revenues have poured from north to south, I shudder to think how many billions, maybe trillions of pounds. Then you have tax revenue from Scottish based companies servicing this one, industry alone, filling the Revenue pot. All Badly managed by Westminster, when compared with Norways oil revenue fund.

Of course southern sector gas fields, including Morcambe Bay, where revenue heads south to Westminster. In Scotland, the working man and woman are the same as the working man and woman in England, Wales and, Northern Island, paying our taxes to keep the wheels on the wagon.

Mandie, if you care to tell me how much of a drain I have been on you, let me know, I will write you a cheque. I don't want to be, be holding to you, or the likes of you.

As for fracking, jury is still out on that one and, as Caledonia stated, renewables are the way forward, but we need to stop paying huge tariffs to landowners and, the crown estates, to produce cheap, clean, electricity.

caledonia
25-06-2016, 08:20
yes no gripes realy with the people .just that silly little twat sturgeon oh and her side kick mouthy little fat bloke forget his name stiring up trouble just so they can meet there own agendas as per all members of parliament are interested in now .

That silly little twat was voted in by the majority of the people in Bonny Scotland. She will stand up to the Eu and make it work for the good of the people. She ain't goin to roll over and have her belly tickled like Cameron did. As I said earlier wee Nic has a cunning plan and its working! Onward Caledonia.

mandrake
25-06-2016, 08:34
That silly little twat was voted in by the majority of the people in Bonny Scotland. She will stand up to the Eu and make it work for the good of the people. She ain't goin to roll over and have her belly tickled like Cameron did. As I said earlier wee Nic has a cunning plan and its working! Onward Caledonia.

ok whatever works for you ,i still stand by my statement . and if she can twist the e.u round her finger and make this cunning plan work then good for you . but why has she got it into her head that we south of her border as she likes to put it should do as she wants us to do and frankly if we want to pull out of the e.u to make us a truly independent country ,and not one that has to live by the e.u rules then go for it ,i hope it succeeds .

runnach
25-06-2016, 08:39
Irrelevant of my thoughts on Scottish FM and, her predisessor Alex Salmond. There is one thing that can't be taken from both of them, they give a great fight at the debating table, it is the ones under them, that concern me of their individual qualities.

caledonia
25-06-2016, 08:44
We must all stay positive and fight to make it work not fail. I'm trading my VW camper in today for a commer and the Volvo estates going away for an allegro estate.

mandrake
25-06-2016, 08:48
We must all stay positive and fight to make it work not fail. I'm trading my VW camper in today for a commer and the Volvo estates going away for an allegro estate.

the commer ok i can see that ,but the allagro estate oh dear .a step too far , try a lada estate .in actual fact that car in all its forms has been the longest selling car in the world and at one time was amongst the top ten sellers in the uk .

roamingman
25-06-2016, 10:53
Irrelevant of my thoughts on Scottish FM and, her predisessor Alex Salmond. There is one thing that can't be taken from both of them, they give a great fight at the debating table, it is the ones under them, that concern me of their individual qualities.

I still belive that Salmond is in charge behind the scenes he said that there would not be another referendum so has got Sturgeon to do the deed

runnach
25-06-2016, 11:06
I still belive that Salmond is in charge behind the scenes he said that there would not be another referendum so has got Sturgeon to do the deed

This could be very true, RM?

Byronic
25-06-2016, 14:05
the commer ok i can see that ,but the allagro estate oh dear .a step too far , try a lada estate .in actual fact that car in all its forms has been the longest selling car in the world and at one time was amongst the top ten sellers in the uk .

The Lada, what the really aspirational Allegro owner dreamt of owning.

mandrake
25-06-2016, 15:29
The Lada, what the really aspirational Allegro owner dreamt of owning.

ah the allegro ,what a car had one once ,front suspension fell off after i hit a pot hole ,the good old lada had four of them over the years and what a car ,mind you they were italian then the ruskies got them and improved them no end .technolgica de pradviesa as they say

channa
25-06-2016, 16:07
I think Sturgeon has played a blinder myself. as I predicted and one or two others I might add on these hallowed pages. Scotland has voted to remain in. England out. This gives her opportunity to push for another referendum for independence. Better still is the UK is still part of the EU we have not left at all, the article50 has not been initiated nor discussed in the HOP.
This gives Sturgeon additional leverage with the EU to assist in gaining a second referendum .

I think second referendum and it shall happen Scotland will choose to leave the union. She has legitimate argument should she so choose to suggest Scotland never left nor voted to leave the EU and by "grandfather" rights have continued membership without having to dot the i's and cross the t's. She has the option available should she choose. I dare say someone in Scotland has done the figures per capita what the contribution would be in contrast to the expected return.

Balance of Payments Scotland imports more in cash value than it exports , so the EU may have advantage considering the rest of the UK is not involved. I think she has been very astute.

Channa

WellWornTraveller
25-06-2016, 21:06
I think Sturgeon has played a blinder myself. as I predicted and one or two others I might add on these hallowed pages. Scotland has voted to remain in. England out. This gives her opportunity to push for another referendum for independence. Better still is the UK is still part of the EU we have not left at all, the article50 has not been initiated nor discussed in the HOP.
This gives Sturgeon additional leverage with the EU to assist in gaining a second referendum .

I think second referendum and it shall happen Scotland will choose to leave the union. She has legitimate argument should she so choose to suggest Scotland never left nor voted to leave the EU and by "grandfather" rights have continued membership without having to dot the i's and cross the t's. She has the option available should she choose. I dare say someone in Scotland has done the figures per capita what the contribution would be in contrast to the expected return.

Balance of Payments Scotland imports more in cash value than it exports , so the EU may have advantage considering the rest of the UK is not involved. I think she has been very astute.

Channa

There are a couple of problems with your well argued points.
1. It looks like the euros are going to force Cameron's hand.
2. There are still a lot of Scots that she wiil need to convince on independence.

Bernie

roamingman
25-06-2016, 21:20
I would like to know how many in Scotland voted to leave, they just say as a hole the vote was to remain.

channa
25-06-2016, 21:36
I would like to know how many in Scotland voted to leave, they just say as a hole the vote was to remain.

Scotland in isolation 38 percent leave 62 percent stay in ....attached source EU referendum: The result in maps and charts - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028)

Channa

channa
25-06-2016, 21:45
There are a couple of problems with your well argued points.
1. It looks like the euros are going to force Cameron's hand.
2. There are still a lot of Scots that she wiil need to convince on independence.

Bernie

Not sure my points are necessarily argued , but observation and a intuitive feeling as per the mood

point 1) Cameron no longer figures in hands being forced. The Scots by 62 % decided Europe was better to be part of. Even if HOP do not invoke Article 50 the Scots have significant leverage on almost a two thirds majority to see another referendum and divorce from the Union. Remember they can use the EU legal system to challenge Westminster over and above their own efforts.

Point 2) Last independence vote was close , very close. The political landscape in 12 months has shifted significantly, Significant enough th emarginals may this time vote differently ..I accept thats conjecture on my part but plenty of evidence to suggest that is probable

Channa

roamingman
25-06-2016, 22:52
Scotland in isolation 38 percent leave 62 percent stay in ....attached source EU referendum: The result in maps and charts - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028)

Channa

Thanks for that I did not see it before.

runnach
25-06-2016, 22:55
Thanks for the link, channa.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS