PDA

View Full Version : Blue Cow Inn. South Witham. Rutland

rottytara2004
29-06-2016, 07:07
would anyone know if the above is still trading? I have tried to make contact with Simon the owner by phone and email with no response.
I am travelling in this direction in July and would like to know if anyone could suggest another pub stop over in this vicinity or surrounding areas as an alternative if I can't make contact in the next couple of days. Regards

Deleted user 21925
29-06-2016, 07:24
would anyone know if the above is still trading? I have tried to make contact with Simon the owner by phone and email with no response.
I am travelling in this direction in July and would like to know if anyone could suggest another pub stop over in this vicinity or surrounding areas as an alternative if I can't make contact in the next couple of days. Regards

You may struggle with a pub stop around Rutland Water itself. Many of the pub car parks get very busy at this time of year. You may be better off in one of the outlying villages.

You can of course stay at Lyndon Top where we have the meets. The only facilities are Water and loo disposal, but it's a lovely place and cheap.

You can drink/eat at the golf club (5 minute walk) which I thoroughly recommend, or if you are feeling energetic, there is the Horse and Jockey at Manton a couple of miles away.

Lyndon Top Caravan Park (http://www.lyndontop.com/)

Deleted user 21925
29-06-2016, 07:26
.............I should mention that it is actually a rally site. But if you speak to Arthur and mention you are from Wild Camping, I'm sure he will accomodate you.

rottytara2004
29-06-2016, 08:21
Thank you Robmac......noted
I am heading towards silverstone and travelling down A1. Anywhere to wild further on or just before Rutland?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS