PDA

View Full Version : Lake district

nowadays
24-03-2009, 19:52
Hello all :)

Looking at heading to the Lakes over Easter...open to any suggestions as to where to wild camp or even the names/location of any nice sites in the beautiful area.

Hope every ones well and taking advantage of the gorgeous weather we've had recently!

Claire :)

Pioneer
24-03-2009, 20:20
Hi,
take a look at my recent thread, Boot Inn, Boot, Eskdale. Stay at the back of the pub. Some lovely walks in this peaceful and quiet area. Also I have seen some other threads under Cumbria in the forums.

Happy Camping:)

christine
25-03-2009, 16:11
I agree, Eskdale is beautiful. There are two camp sites in the valley, also, but very popular.It's difficult to find anywhere to "wild" in the lLakes, too many rules and regulations. If you are a Caravan Club or Camping Club member, there are loads of CL's to choose from, the next best thing to wilding, especially if they are basic.

barryd
25-03-2009, 23:50
Hi. Have a look at my recent post. Mind you it caused some controversy as you will see if you read the thread!

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5441

kalamitty
26-03-2009, 06:54
try conniston hall just outside conniston, no marked pitches, no electric hookups but there are showers and it is on the edge of the lake, and only a short walk along shoreside path to the town, and don't forget the lake district will be heaving over easter.:)

stevek
26-03-2009, 08:22
Brathwaite just off the A66 is a good site.Mind you expect all sites to be full over the Easter weekend

jerry&liz
26-03-2009, 18:05
car park of the horse&farrier at threkeld nr keswick see the land lady no problems good food

barryd
26-03-2009, 18:45
car park of the horse&farrier at threkeld nr keswick see the land lady no problems good food

Nice one. Didnt know about that one.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS