PDA

View Full Version : Transit going Fiat coming.

Trish1997
06-07-2016, 07:17
I hear a lot about transits being stolen. We currently have a transit but are trading it in for a Fiat in 2 weeks time. What advice can anyone offer to protect the Fiat from being stolen. It's an 09. 130 multi jet.

Chris356
11-07-2016, 20:00
Start with a disc lock and fit an hidden switch cutting the starter circuit

oppy
11-07-2016, 20:18
I hear a lot about transits being stolen. We currently have a transit but are trading it in for a Fiat in 2 weeks time. What advice can anyone offer to protect the Fiat from being stolen. It's an 09. 130 multi jet.

Don't bother, nobody nicks Fiats :dance::dance::dance::dance: We left ours in a car park by the Lodore Falls Hotel in the lake district last Monday for 24 hours, unlocked with the key in the ignition (because some eejit (me !!) was distracted and forgot !!) and the damn van was still there on Tuesday, mind you it is 17 years old and looks every day of it.

note to self-------must try harder

Cass
12-07-2016, 12:14
I believe if some one wants it they will take it, same as someone wants in they will get in, and sometimes the more you do to stop them, the harder they try, not caring what damage they do along the way.

oldish hippy
12-07-2016, 12:48
it just becomes a challenge if they dont succeed then they more than likely to come back for second try due to peer pressure

molly 2
12-07-2016, 13:00
keep the right side of your insurance company

pughed2
05-08-2016, 17:56
So far, I have not heard any reports of anyone defeating fiats immobiliser coded keys, but could be wrong. So if you look after your fiat key security (don't let the thrives get hold of your keys or spares), you should be ok. For good measure you can fit a steering lock or makeshift a steering lock with padlock and chain..........Steve bristol.

m30
05-08-2016, 18:11
Having had a Fiat van which was broken into on my drive at home without our dog, us or any of our nieghbours hearing them, i'd fit the stainless steel plates behind the handles, with the internal protection plates as well. They can get into a van in seconds by simply driving a screwdriver up the back of the handle and pushing the lock arm across, no noise and no mess. I doubt they would manage to start one without the chipped key, but it might stop them sneaking in and taking your stuff.

Stu

witzend
05-08-2016, 18:31
If they want it they'll have it I read on the net this week of a piece of kit that thieves connect to the ecu and get the key code and reprogramme a key in minutes.

Outsmart the Thief ! Motorhome security information on electronic vehicle theft. (http://www.606060.com/blog-1-w.asp)

AuldTam
05-08-2016, 19:42
Start with a disc lock and fit an hidden switch cutting the starter circuit

Agree, and for extra protection use a tumbler keyswitch.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS