PDA

View Full Version : Jura new x1 & Islay new x2

Mul
10-07-2016, 16:05
Jura, 1.

Feolin ferry Terminal. After parking here for the night to get 1st Ferry off I said in passing conversation to the guy on the boat checking my ticket that I stayed there and he was ok about it (ok not a top manager type, but still gave me some confidence to post it as a new POI). Shingle /grassy area beyond the Toilets. Not in the way of ANY potential waiting ferry Traffic. No NO Parking signs. toilets open daytime.
55.848276 -6.089957

Islay, 1.

Unsurprisingly Port Askaig Ferry Terminal. Need to pick your spot - some are sloping. Stopped here before Jura to catch 1s Ferry over (above). No NO Parking signs. Nice Pub for evening Meal, yummy. Wi-Fi in ferry terminal. Good connection signal outside even when closed. Toilets and shop. Locals very friendly. Folks in hotel knew I was o/nighting, no objections (official or not !).
55.847747 -6.107101

Islay, 2.

At Port Ellen I pulled up at LU Port Ellen, more because it was a Car Park easily spotted from the road and a good dog walking beach rather than specifically a POI. Looking right I saw another good beach and decided to check it out.
Drove round and found 2/3 tents pitched and 2 motorhomes on the beachy gravelly sands parking. Surprised it hasn't been listed before. Lovely spot. Didn't stop here myself but it's definitely a goer. Wish I had another night to sleep here but time not on my side.
55.631137 -6.218372

POI Admin
11-07-2016, 12:53
Thanks for the suggestions. I've added them to the POIs :D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS