PDA

View Full Version : Brittany

horace
27-03-2009, 08:37
Hello everyone,
We're in need of serious r&r - I'm thinking pretty little fishing village within wandering distance of fresh seafood, bread, a market etc with an option on a bit of history/culture if the spirit moves...
Does anyone know of anywhere that would fit the bill?
Kathy

Belgian
27-03-2009, 09:50
Hi,
Try the coast of Finisterre between Cap St Mathieu (near Brest) and Roscoff.
Look at http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3884
A few places wich could suit you are: le Conquet, Porspaul, Lanildut, Portsall, Lillia, Guisseny,Roscoff....
The Finisterre is a MH-friendly department.
Enjoy

guerdeval
27-03-2009, 16:58
Remember there are no mussels at this time of the year, another 2 weeks according to a place in port dinan today, cancalle is the place for oysters near St Malo

Solwaybuggier
27-03-2009, 19:22
France Passion has a new host, an oyster farm near Carnac - almost worth joining just for that??

Belgian
27-03-2009, 20:08
Remember there are no mussels at this time of the year, another 2 weeks according to a place in port dinan today, cancalle is the place for oysters near St Malo
Every month with an 'r' in it is good for mussels and oysters.:cool:
Ssst.... I' give avay a secret oyster-place; watch your back, I say it only once.. :confused:
In the Finisterre south of Landeda: towards the Aber Benoit on the opposite side of St Pabu a picnic area (Penn ar Creac’h), with splendid view and an oysterfarm down the road. (2 dozen of oysters for 10€, and what a taste: no need for pepper or lemon ! delicious with a bottle of muscadet, :) )
N 48 34 32 W 04 35 56
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/belgian_2008/HPIM1322.jpg

horace
28-03-2009, 08:17
Thank you all for your suggestions - my partner, who is positively drooling already, is busy searching out 'wild' sites in the areas. Unfortunately I can no longer do molluscs (even though I love them) but I'm sure I'll be able to find the odd crab or crayfish so I won't go hungry! Poor me ;)
K

jann
28-03-2009, 09:37
Brittany is the best part of France for Motorhomes. Just follow the coast and call in each town or village,You won't have to look far for an aire or wildcamp spot.
In the south try Quiberon for some good spots. There is one area near to town,plenty of wild spots on the 'cote sauvage'. Also a service point.
Also Paimpol near the harbour,Erquy and St Cast in the North
I could write a long list of places We have been. The best thing is just to travel and explore
Enjoy!! We always do..

Belgian
28-03-2009, 15:33
Brittanny is one of the most MH-regions in France. The most friendly is the Finisterre (department 29) with highlights as the Atlantic coast; small towns like Locronan, Le Faou, Huelgoat, St Thégonnec, Roscoff, St Pol,.... In the other Breton departments are very nice spots like the 'Côte du Granit Rose' at Ploumanach (in Côte d'Armor, department 22) but unfortunately not that MH'-friendy. Quiberon ( Morbihan, department 56) is nice out of the saison.
Only explore Brittany at your own desire and ritm. There are so many nice places and if it gets too crowdy in the season: go inland; treasures to be found there (Rochefort-en-Terre, Josselin and the canal Nantes à Brest...)
Only one thing: you get hooked-on, and have to come back and back... :cool::D

Rolphio
28-07-2011, 22:45
Hello everyone,
We're in need of serious r&r - I'm thinking pretty little fishing village within wandering distance of fresh seafood, bread, a market etc with an option on a bit of history/culture if the spirit moves...
Does anyone know of anywhere that would fit the bill?
Kathy

We went to the Isle of Oleron and stayed at Camping La Brande - not for really big rigs really but we took a 36ft 5th wheel and squeezed it on... very nice area by the sea - loads of oyster beds - as usual - great little fishing village - very picturesque . loads of other camp sites with all kinds of facilities depending what you are want to do... beautiful little island accessed by a large bridge or two... lots of traffic around La Rochelle in high summer but its worth it!!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS