PDA

View Full Version : hello there

bec bruce
29-03-2009, 19:25
Hi,
Great site.. We have a vw camper and are keen to escape the hectic sites this summer.. We have two under 5s. Would love any tips of how to do this wild camping successfully with kids... and any recommended places to start us off?
Thanks Bec

messenger 2.5td
30-03-2009, 00:34
Welcome to the site,first of all where in the country do you live?Your first overnight need not be too far away from home.With having to young children you need to keep them from getting bored,having good weather will be a great help for your first outing.click on the forums tab on the left side of the home page,scroll down towards the bottom of the page to find suggestions of overnight stops in the country.Enjoy the site loads of sensible advice here, keep on posting,Andy.;)

Wee-z
30-03-2009, 10:08
Hi there
welcome to the wildys
visit some of your local areas beaches and things for the kids first
Then spread your wings the world is your playground

happy camping
weez
Tony

Didgebloke
30-03-2009, 10:16
Hi Bec, we too are new to this lark and also have a veedub (classic type 2 Brazilian import) and are planning a trip to Devon and Cornwall in Summer but hopefully steering clear of organised campsites etc. Fancy an info-swap? If I find out anything I'll gladly pass the info on to you guys...

Didgebloke

bec bruce
30-03-2009, 11:31
Thanks Didgebloke.. Nice to hear of a like minded camper.. We have a group of friends with vans and kids but they all demand the luxery of a toilet block! We will probably head west or pembrokeshire as husband is a kitesurfer and needs big beaches.. we have parked up and camped in carparks etc but before kids.. will def let you know if i discover any jems.. thanks bec

messenger 2.5td
30-03-2009, 18:41
Thanks Didgebloke.. Nice to hear of a like minded camper.. We have a group of friends with vans and kids but they all demand the luxery of a toilet block! We will probably head west or pembrokeshire as husband is a kitesurfer and needs big beaches.. we have parked up and camped in carparks etc but before kids.. will def let you know if i discover any jems.. thanks bec

Hiya,if your husband is a kite surfer bear this one in mind,this beach is a local to me and has hosted kite surfing championships.Heres a video of the 2007 championship check out all the vans parked on the shoreline,you can tell it's a popular venue.www.youtube.com/watch?v=86nagPut1qs also here is my previous post www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4547&highlight=local+beach

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS