PDA

View Full Version : Hamble Point to have Height Barrier

Siimplyloco
25-07-2016, 09:15
From our Parish Magazine:

The Council has agreed funding to install a height barrier at this popular viewpoint...the car park is being increasingly used as an overnight camping location and is restricting access to local people.

Campers have been ignoring the 'No overnight Camping signs, so it was inevitable. I couldn't even get my little car in there on Sunday: it was chockablock with motorhomes!

witzend
25-07-2016, 09:21
From our Parish Magazine:

[I]The Council has agreed funding to install a height barrier at this popular viewpoint...

Any Drive away Awnings to be seen when you tried to access

wildebus
25-07-2016, 09:23
More of a general question really, but is there such a thing as a "standard" height used when councils put in height restiction barriers on carparks?
While it would impact your typical motorhome, wondering if they would typically stop a standard height campervan, such as my VW T5 (but have got rails and crossbars fitted).
I remember a road on a retail park I used to drive on had a height restriction and my Renault Master MM (medium height, medium wheelbase) was fine until I fitted the cassette awning and it stopped me using that road.

Wooie1958
25-07-2016, 09:28
And another one bites the dust :sad:

antiquesam
25-07-2016, 14:10
I really can't understand the herd mentality of wanting to share an overnight spot with lots of others. It just doesn't sound very wild to me.

Wooie1958
25-07-2016, 15:30
It seems to happen to us regular, maybe we smell nice :rolleyes2:

A couple of weeks back in Scotland parked up at a cracking spot and we was the only ones there :dance: loads of room, probably enough for 20+ vehicles.

Just after midnight another motorhome / camper came in :mad2: and parked close, really really close :mad2: :mad1:

They were that fekking close i couldn`t even fully open up my garage door and it`s only 80cms / 32" wide :scared:

campervanannie
25-07-2016, 17:42
It seems to happen to us regular, maybe we smell nice :rolleyes2:

A couple of weeks back in Scotland parked up at a cracking spot and we was the only ones there :dance: loads of room, probably enough for 20+ vehicles.

Just after midnight another motorhome / camper came in :mad2: and parked close, really really close :mad2: :mad1:

They were that fekking close i couldn`t even fully open up my garage door and it`s only 80cms / 32" wide :scared:

They may have been new to wilding and scared of the dark and wanted their hands holding if it all got a bit much for them.:cry:

Wooie1958
25-07-2016, 17:57
They may have been new to wilding and scared of the dark and wanted their hands holding if it all got a bit much for them.:cry:

Nah sorry Annie, if that was the case then they should stick to campsites or town centres.

wildebus
25-07-2016, 18:21
Should have put your awning out so they couldn't have parked so close :ninja:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS