PDA

View Full Version : Water taps in France

Jim Crow
20-08-2016, 09:42
This would be very useful as I have often found it more difficult to find water taps in France than the UK - obviously there are aires but if you are not staying on aires?!..

ian81
20-08-2016, 10:13
Personally we have found water easier to get in France!! There is nothing to stop you calling in on an aire for water and dumping -the camping car info list of aires shows those that offer free water. Otherwise the usual places where you get water in the UK tend to work in France.

Private
20-08-2016, 10:22
This would be very useful as I have often found it more difficult to find water taps in France than the UK - obviously there are aires but if you are not staying on aires?!..

Cemeteries.

Edina
20-08-2016, 10:46
Cemeteries.

A lot of cemetery taps have been there for a very long while and are fed from a well - think where the water comes from before drinking it.

silverweed
20-08-2016, 11:05
We use our 100ltr tank for drinking water and refill when ever we come across a reliable water supply. We have just returned after 6 weeks in France and had no problems finding water. We did stay on an aire for a few days by the beach but the water was a free supply to any one, we did not have to pay for any water we used. To make the water go further in between fills we have half a dozen one litre bottle that we can easily fill from any other supply such as toilets or non potable street pumps and this water is used for us to wash with. The bottles are also just the right size to keep in the screen and heat by the sun

TJBi
20-08-2016, 12:12
<snip> To make the water go further in between fills we have half a dozen one litre bottle that we can easily fill from any other supply such as toilets ... and this water is used for us to wash with. <snip>

Not sure that I would wish to wash in toilet water!

David & Ann
20-08-2016, 12:46

Most graveyards in France have water taps.

tidewatcher
20-08-2016, 13:05
Graveyard taps are fine, it is law in France for any water that is not drinkable to be clearly marked "Non Potable". Chirches normally have a loo as well though most are for the more athletic types....

jann
20-08-2016, 15:01
Even if you don't want to overnight at Aires it is easy to call in the day for water.I presume you use Aires to empty toilet,so why not collect water as well.Depending on area I would say about half have free water.

witzend
20-08-2016, 15:09
Cemeteries.

Most graveyards in France have water taps.

Personally I wouldn't take water from a cemetery out of respect as there are loads of other places supplied for us to use

silverweed
20-08-2016, 15:56
I'm not sure what you mean by not wishing to wash in toilet water. I assume you already do when you was your hands there unless you pop them into the toilet bowl to wash haha

TJBi
20-08-2016, 16:54
If you do that, David, you're ruling out the majority of aires de service; you need to tick the ASN as well (plus perhaps the AA and ACS); after all, you don't have to stop there for the night to fill and empty at an ASN.

Tom

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS