PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Wild Camping / Pub Stopover

lfullick
10-10-2016, 07:17
We are off around Cornwall for Christmas this year, and I wonder if any of you good people know of a nice little pub open for Christmas dinner which wont cost 50 per head (even if we cant stay in their car park)

Ive taken note of a few of the posts within the threads for pub stopovers, and will be contacting each one.

Thank you

Roger Haworth
10-10-2016, 09:21

Christmas dinner out tends to be a rip off. When we're away from home at Christmas we have beans on toast in our van!

Nesting Zombie
10-10-2016, 10:29
Hey !,
Don't underestimate Beans on Toast, Served up with a Cider or two, a silly hat for the spirit & maybe a Donut for pudding its a meal fit for a King !. ADD to that a Good park up for the night & the company of a fellow Traveller to share in the feast, Then its a BANQUITE !.
Yep,, I will take that over ( What in my opinion could be) an Over priced meal, Herded & Squashed into a stifled place setting that once in you daren't move to run the maze to the loo, & having to time your mouthfuls of food so not to interfere with the elbows of your neighbour any day.
BAHHH HUMBUG LOL LOL LOL.

But each to there own, & hope You find a suitable Pub & enjoy !.
If not,, Follow me up to Shetland, Orkney, Harris & Lewis for a month or three & I will stock up on Beans n Bread !

Peisinoe
10-10-2016, 12:23
We stay at Wadebridge when we go down to see my brother inlaw over new year. The Malsters arms & The woodman are good but you have to book. There is a layby in the village at the bridge next to the Malsters where we stay but generally the top where Tesco is has lots of room where they havent developed the industrial estate which is good for the fireworks. There is a pub just on the road called the Falcon.
May see you there.

lfullick
10-10-2016, 13:22
Hey !,
Don't underestimate Beans on Toast, Served up with a Cider or two, a silly hat for the spirit & maybe a Donut for pudding its a meal fit for a King !. ADD to that a Good park up for the night & the company of a fellow Traveller to share in the feast, Then its a BANQUITE !.
Yep,, I will take that over ( What in my opinion could be) an Over priced meal, Herded & Squashed into a stifled place setting that once in you daren't move to run the maze to the loo, & having to time your mouthfuls of food so not to interfere with the elbows of your neighbour any day.
BAHHH HUMBUG LOL LOL LOL.

But each to there own, & hope You find a suitable Pub & enjoy !.
If not,, Follow me up to Shetland, Orkney, Harris & Lewis for a month or three & I will stock up on Beans n Bread !

Heading the wrong way for us :)
I did suggest a cornish pasty bought the day before, so im sure we'll have a grand day with a few ciders!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS