PDA

View Full Version : quiet weekend near Yeovil

delicagirl
20-10-2016, 11:01
Hi everyone - i am hoping to find a quiet spot within 10ish miles of Yeovil to overnight for an undisturbed writing weekend.... any recomendations please ?

thanks

rockape
20-10-2016, 11:27
Hi everyone - i am hoping to find a quiet spot within 10ish miles of Yeovil to overnight for an undisturbed writing weekend.... any recomendations please ?

thanks You can try the Crown and Victoria @ Tintinhul which is in the POI, or you can shack up with Yeoblade (Julian), both of which I can recommend:lol-049:. The pub stop as mentioned is good as I stayed there mid summer and its walking distance to a NT property.

delicagirl
20-10-2016, 11:30
You can try the Crown and Victoria @ Tintinhul which is in the POI, or you can shack up with Yeoblade (Julian), both of which I can recommend:lol-049:. The pub stop as mentioned is good as I stayed there mid summer and its walking distance to a NT property.

that might just prevent any writing getting done !!!!! thanks for the recommendation for the pub

(p.s. if you have personal experience of shacking up with J you might wish to enlighten us - marks out of 10 maybe ?)

rockape
20-10-2016, 19:00
that might just prevent any writing getting done !!!!! thanks for the recommendation for the pub

(p.s. if you have personal experience of shacking up with J you might wish to enlighten us - marks out of 10 maybe ?)He snores!!!

yeoblade
20-10-2016, 20:03
I can confirm the mattress is comfy, isn't it Rockape :D:sleep-027:

yeoblade
20-10-2016, 20:04
He snores!!!

Nope that's my missis :confused:

yeoblade
20-10-2016, 20:20
This Google Maps (https://goo.gl/maps/GNRkjFJdRgC2)

is at the back end of a Trading Estate, though other than trucks, I'm not to sure what inspration you would get here for writing. Local facilities would include, Gym , Recycling center (dump) , KFC, and Yeovil T FC (away this weekend)

delicagirl
05-11-2016, 16:56

is at the back end of a Trading Estate, though other than trucks, I'm not to sure what inspration you would get here for writing. Local facilities would include, Gym , Recycling center (dump) , KFC, and Yeovil T FC (away this weekend)

Thanks for all your suggestions on this thread - sadly i was not able to get to Yeovil as a friend locally was ill and i needed to be around home for a few days to assist. but i will save these ideas for future visit.

delicagirl
05-11-2016, 17:03

last time i did this was in Scotland - i arrived lateish on a Sunday, beautifully quiet, i spent an hour or two watching bunnies wandering about looking for food. Next morning i woke up to a queue of builders at my door !!! shucks they were actually queuing for the Mobile Fast Food Van whose normal parking spot i was in, and who had to park a little ways up the road !! They were really lovely actually and offered to move their SnackVan if i could not get out .. which i could - after i'd bought a bonny bacon buttie off them.

wildman
05-11-2016, 18:18
I'm not sure where you are at the moment but if close to Ilfracombe at any time drop in and I'll see if I can sort your solar charging out. Give me a ring first as I don't live on site and may be away.

delicagirl
05-11-2016, 19:26
I'm not sure where you are at the moment but if close to Ilfracombe at any time drop in and I'll see if I can sort your solar charging out. Give me a ring first as I don't live on site and may be away.

Thank you so much Roger... i will send you a PM

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS