PDA

View Full Version : New year France/Spain

pamjon
27-10-2016, 18:20
We fancy spending New Year in the south of France on an aire on the border of France or Spain, eg. Le Boulou. We appreciate that many of you have already done this and we welcome any recommendations as this will be a new experience for us.
PJ

rockape
27-10-2016, 18:33
I will be somewhere close to Andorra travelling down on New Years eve, not made my mind up yet where to stay.

channa
27-10-2016, 18:40
This time of year hard to say what will be open and what isn't that said loads of wilding spots. Argeles Sur Mer , Collioure( beautiful village) all possibilities little further north some good spots on the Canal du Midi .

I would steer clear of Perpignan it has a bit of a reputation

I lived in Beziers for 12 months be prepared for it to be cold -1 in the morning 7.30 am ish not uncommon, however by mid morning t shirt weather !!!

Spanish side I can't really help with, but the French side you won't have any issues.

Channa

pamjon
27-10-2016, 18:43
Normally we go through the Somport Tunel or over the top but because we have no snow chains we will be going the Toulouse Narbonne route. We are thinking of Le Boulou because the aire is really close to the village.
PJ:king:

witzend
27-10-2016, 18:46
We.ve used a aire at Latour-Bas-Elne at a motorhome dealers a nice sheltered place closer to the sea and maybe a warmer than Le-Boulou. I feel just over the border into Spain it feels warmer and dryer maybe just me

http://www.francethisway.com/places/a/le-boulou-pyrenees-orientales.php#thisplaces

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS