PDA

View Full Version : monsal head

silent rider
03-05-2009, 16:09
hiya peeps

Just got back from a weekend at monsal head ' had no bother at all.
Stayed friday and sat no problems on are lonesome on friday but another van turned up sat evening but still very quite ' but had i very good weekend and its a excellent place 2 stop with there being toilets that are open all nite and a pub + a cafe.
Anyway check the prices out for the hotel there 150 a nite for a double room with the view of the dale. And for the same view you can park up for 20p a nite grand.

channa
03-05-2009, 22:30
In lives past, I have spent a lot of time in Derbyshire off roading in my Land Rover or mountain biking.

Often we berate local authorities for their lack of foresight.

But I have to say Derbyshire in my opinon are realistic in accomodating the eclactic mix of visitors. It seems they understand visitors will visit with varied interest and agenda and to their credit it seems try to accomodate.

Conversely North Yorkshire seem to be on a political mission which doesnt and never will assist their constituents in maximising the potential on their doorstep.

Out of interest at Monsal head where you in the car park in front of the hotel looking over the valley ?

If so the view doesnt really get any better does it ?

Chann

silent rider
04-05-2009, 11:40
yer i aways park in the back car park right close up to the wall overlooking the dale ' and you right it dont get much better then waking up tp the view if your ever near call in for the nite few beers down pub in the garden cant br bad.

mikejay
01-09-2009, 00:00
Was there sunday night with 3 other vans one was a big hymer that had to park his back end on the grass right up againts the hedge of the house next to the car park and he had a genny buzzing away untill after 11pm i bet that will upset who ever lives in the house and put a stop to this great spot.:(

grath
01-09-2009, 06:19
Was there sunday night with 3 other vans one was a big hymer that had to park his back end on the grass right up againts the hedge of the house next to the car park and he had a genny buzzing away untill after 11pm i bet that will upset who ever lives in the house and put a stop to this great spot.:(

What an inconsiderate person, gives us all a bad name:mad:
We went to our little hideaway on Anglesey and a van near to us had a geny on Friday evening. We got there at about 7pm it was running constantly until he turned it off at 9 pm. We presumed he had a 240 v tv but why when there are many 12 v versions. Anyway he went the next morning.
Never used our geny at all:D

mark7
07-10-2009, 20:37
YouTube - monsal head (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QPToexyXsU)

Billy big bus
01-11-2009, 19:27
Had a great night at Monsal Head, only 20p for the night!! (22:00 - 08:00) Tried the back car park but couldn't get the bus level so went round to the front car park, nice and level there. Rustyoldtransit was parked up next to us, what a guy!:cool: Watch the pub though, the prices seem to have gone up quite a bit but the cafe looks to be about the best bet. :)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS