PDA

View Full Version : Invitation to my meet Hayling Island, Sept 09

LaughingHeart
04-05-2009, 12:46
I have organised a 'Meet' for all types of camper, motor-home etc on the lovely Hayling Island, Hants, Sept 11th - 15th 09 as a celebration of just having got my old 'rebuild' Talbot on the road. If it is Acceptable, I will post the details.
Paol. [LaughingHeart]

Details; further down.

Randonneur
04-05-2009, 13:34
Sounds good, I'm in!.

lenny
04-05-2009, 14:03
Thanks for the invite Laughingheart;), I dont know the place but I assume It,s a long way down South so dont think I,ll be attending :(, but best of luck anyway:cool:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/hello-1.gif

LaughingHeart
04-05-2009, 14:13
Further to what I have said; I have a great meet organised for 11th-15th September on Hayling Island, Hants, by way of a celebration of having got my camper on the road. This meet is my own privately organised event with no commercial links, catches or scams, so please do not consider this posting as 'Spam'. This is my genuine 'Invitation' to all who would like to join me for a long weekend at a lovely venue on the waterside at Fishery Creek. Not only have I found a good site, I have got up to 40 pitches with EHU and free showers for this meet. I will organise 'Silly Sports for the Saturday and an American supper in the evening, [bring food to the table] My very good friend; Chief RunningBear will hopefully bring 'Birds of Prey'.
You will of course have to book a pitch yourself for this meet, but I have got us a very good price for all 4 nights. If you would like to come; telephone Julie [manager] on; 02392 462164 and quote; 'Paol Hart's Talbot Meet' The site is; Fishery Creek Touring Park, Hayling Island, Hampshire. UK and the price, per pitch is only 50 quid for all 4 nights inc EHU. Any Camper, motor-home, self build etc. Please let me know if you are coming and book soon to get a place.
Paol [LaughingHeart]
Update; I have just been to see the site [12th May09] I am very impressed! It is a beautiful place and very well equipped. The water [on two sides] was reflecting the sunlight and the trees are in blossom. the pitches are generous, mostly quite flat and neatly mowed. It all looked very clean and inviting. I am chuffed at having picked this place for my 'meet'. I asked about tents, fine, as long as the tent does not exceed 5mts by 5mts, so tents are now included! All the staff there are looking forward to this 'meet' and the giant size dog in reception gave me a welcome sniff! If you can make this 'meet' I know you will not be disappointed, so book soon.... "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble!".........Paol.

Randonneur
05-05-2009, 18:58
Booked it today. Googled the site and it looks good, right on the waterside. See you down there. Anyone else going??? :D:D

LaughingHeart
05-05-2009, 21:04
Booked it today. Googled the site and it looks good, right on the waterside. See you down there. Anyone else going??? :D:D

Great to have you aboard. quite a few coming so far! Don't forget to tell your friends.....The more the merrier!.....Thanks...Paol.

rebbyvid
05-05-2009, 22:04
My brother lives on Hayling so will look at this one
Rob

grath
05-05-2009, 22:09
Too far for us for a weekend, however we wish you all the best and good of you:):)

LaughingHeart
06-05-2009, 08:26
Hello Rob,
If you do come, you can of course invite your brother and any family to the Saturday American supper & party! It will be good to meet many new people.
Book soon as places are going!
"Doh na doh go ha i", as the Cherokee say!.....Paol.
PS, Note to all coming; I have spoken with site manager and She has confirmed that Dogs are welcome, but must be on a lead while on site. If anyone has a good idea for 'entertainments', let's hear it! I will bring a small PA for music etc. you can plug guitar etc in! My Native American flute may well be in evidence.........Gonna have us some heap big nice time!...P.

LaughingHeart
06-05-2009, 14:38
Too far for us for a weekend, however we wish you all the best and good of you:):)

Shame it's too far for just a long weekend. you could of course come for longer to this great part of the south. you may get a good deal for a 'longer' visit. Talk to Julie, [see details] Paol.

tony
06-05-2009, 14:42
Further to what I have said; I have a great meet organised for 11th-15th September on Hayling Island, Hants, by way of a celebration of having got my camper on the road. This meet is my own privately organised event with no commercial links, catches or scams, so please do not consider this posting as 'Spam'. This is my genuine 'Invitation' to all who would like to join me for a long weekend at a lovely venue on the waterside at Fishery Creek. Not only have I found a good site, I have got up to 40 pitches with EHU and free showers for this meet. I will organise 'Silly Sports for the Saturday and an American supper in the evening, [bring food to the table] My very good friend; Chief RunningBear will hopefully bring 'Birds of Prey'.
You will of course have to book a pitch yourself for this meet, but I have got us a very good price for all 4 nights. If you would like to come; telephone Julie [manager] on; 02392 462164 and quote; 'Paol Hart's Talbot Meet' The site is; Fishery Creek Touring Park, Hayling Island, Hampshire. UK and the price, per pitch is only 50 quid for all 4 nights inc EHU. Any Camper, motor-home, self build etc. Please let me know if you are coming and book soon to get a place.
Paol [LaughingHeart]
hi paol. thanks for the invite sorry to have to decline mainly due to distance.
we are off to scotland next month for 2 weeks.
i do wish you well with it.
tony

LaughingHeart
25-05-2009, 11:03
There are still some places left for this meet on the very lovely Hayling Island, so think about joining us for 4 really good days. The people that have already booked are a great bunch and ready to take you on! Give this meet a 'go', you will not be disappointed! I would like to fill all 40 spaces this year and maybe make it an annual event, but I need you to be there! C'mon!!!!!
Paol.

thejoys
25-05-2009, 19:21
hi, we will try to come along, are based near midhurst

LaughingHeart
25-05-2009, 19:50
It would be great if you can come. It is going to be a good, fun time! Book soon! Paol.

LaughingHeart
03-06-2009, 21:40
How remiss of me! Here I am, rabbiting on about how great my 'meet' is going to be and I totally forgot to invite those of you with caravans, trailer tents and tents etc. I will go and stand in the corner! If you have one of the above, then of course you are invited! tent max size: 5mtrs x 5mtrs. Same price per pitch for all! 50 squid! 4 people per pitch. More folk have booked,over 20 now. It's getting better all the time! See you there!!! Paol.

LaughingHeart
06-06-2009, 09:12
Thanks to our local 'Towshure' [They put up a poster], we have 3 more units coming. my wife and I are going to the site for a break [Thurs 9th-13th July] I'll let you know how it goes! It will cost more than double the price of a pitch at the meet, but it's bang in the middle of peak season and we need a break! If you are in the area, pop in and visit [pitch 15, down by the slipway] for a cuppa and a chat! Paol.

LaughingHeart
08-06-2009, 09:13
Those of you who want to join us on Hayling Island, Sept 11th-13th, Please can you book your pitch soon, as they are going fast. You don't have to pay now. You can pay on arrival at the site. We have got some great folk coming from all walks of life, but all are 'Camper Holics' nice to get a mix of units too! It's about time that Tenters, Tuggers and Snails got together instead of 'clicking' in little isolated groups! After all the concept of 'camping' is to go camping! See you all there. Please post when you have booked, so I can keep track. Thanks lovely people! Paol. :rolleyes:

guzzietrev
08-06-2009, 14:49
hi there laughing heart, interested in your meet, not sure where it is. cant find it in big britton atlas. any large towns nearby? i live in north yorkshire. kind regards trevor.

LaughingHeart
08-06-2009, 16:19
hi there laughing heart, interested in your meet, not sure where it is. cant find it in big britton atlas. any large towns nearby? i live in north yorkshire. kind regards trevor.

Long, long way down south.....Hayling is an island in Hampshire. Very near to Portsmouth and Chichester. It is connected to the mainland by a causeway.
A very lovely place! You can really enjoy yourselves in this part of the country.
Lots of great places to visit, inc Isle of Wight, New Forrest, Portsmouth etc, etc. Not too far from Brighton, West Sussex and within easy reach of our humble abode where a welcome is always ready for fellow 'campers'.
Plenty of wild spots around! Paol.

kimbowbill
08-06-2009, 23:30
i would soooo love to come but i will be in scotland

Jenny

LaughingHeart
19-06-2009, 19:21
There are only about half of the pitches left, so if you fancy this 4 night super deal at a great place, please book very soon. I don't want to hassle you but time is passing! I really would like to see some 'Wildies' there!
Forgive my impatience....Paol.

ajs
20-06-2009, 01:22
I don't want to hassle you but time is passing! I really would like to see some 'Wildies' there!
Forgive my impatience....Paol.

OI... laffintart.. patience is a............( fill in the blank space.... fer 10 pionts) :D:D:D

regards:rolleyes:
aj

lyn
28-06-2009, 16:02
I am booked in for the 4 nights, may be coming and going, depends if I have my 13yr old with me or not.

On the games front, we have a small table football game and bar skittles that would be easy enough to bring along, would you like me to?

lyn

LaughingHeart
29-06-2009, 12:08
Yes please Lyn. Nice to have you joining us! What pitch No did you get? Please bring something for the table [American supper] I lo0k forward to your company.
Paol.

nozzmoking
29-06-2009, 15:30
Hi Paol,

Do you know if the site will accept a 36' RV. Sounds like fun but as usual I have to make sure the site can accommodate us.

Cheers

Paul

LaughingHeart
29-06-2009, 20:06
Hi Paol,

Do you know if the site will accept a 36' RV. Sounds like fun but as usual I have to make sure the site can accommodate us.

Cheers

Paul

Paul, Please phone the site: [julie on 02392 462164] She can answer better than I can. If she says yes, you can reserve your place at the same time, much quicker than me being 'middle man'. I hope it will be OK. Paol.

LaughingHeart
15-07-2009, 18:22
Last call on this meet. If you would like to come, then please book by the end of this month. I look forward to seeing you there!
Paol.

vera
15-07-2009, 19:42
Would love to come ,but we are in North Yorkshire and it is a bit too far for 4 Days and we have used our summer hols,maybe next time.Hope you all have a great time look forward to the Pics!-Sue and Steve

coventrycraig
16-07-2009, 13:30
I would love to attend too but a little to far what with school starting again after the end of the summer hols!

Hope you all have a great time guys and would love to meet up one day!

regards

Craig

wints
16-07-2009, 14:49
We would've loved to attend, but...early september through to early november will see us fighting the heatwave (and wrinklies like us) in Provence.
Does the site have a lauching ramp for dinghies, as we love to sail our skipper 14 & Tinker Traveller ?

regards
Allen

LaughingHeart
16-07-2009, 18:01
We would've loved to attend, but...early september through to early november will see us fighting the heatwave (and wrinklies like us) in Provence.
Does the site have a lauching ramp for dinghies, as we love to sail our skipper 14 & Tinker Traveller ?

regards
Allen

Yes, the site boasts its own slipway into the creek which connects with Chichester harbour. Perfect for sailing as there is always at least a breeze. This is the water that first saw windsurfing! Small extra charge for boat on site.
Paol.

Wee-z
16-07-2009, 18:06
Wints
Skipper 14 now thats a trip down memory lane

weez
Tony

wints
16-07-2009, 20:10
Wints
Skipper 14 now thats a trip down memory lane

weez
Tony

We call it our 'picnic boat', lots of room for lagers and butties, and the odd passenger, grandchild, dog, wood for camp fires,.... etc.
A very different boat than our Iso, which was as fast as f***, and would cream most others on Coniston, but we (she !, the crew) got too old !!

regards
Allen

Wee-z
17-07-2009, 08:44
what a great description of the skipper 14

Im sure there is room for the kitchen sink in them as well

as long as one is not in a hurry

carry an out board if needed plus day hood for fishing trips

weez
Tony

LaughingHeart
17-07-2009, 13:41
So far, there is only 1 member from this forum attending the meet. Has he got to fly the flag alone? Where are you all?
Paol.

LaughingHeart
28-07-2009, 17:39
This is your last call for this meet! Nearly all the prime pitches allocated are gone! If you want to attend this big, fun meet, please book your place now!
I am amazed at the great response I have had for my first ever meet and look forward to meeting all the people there. I will do this again next year, but there is nothing like the 1st one! So many really nice folk coming and lots of fun stuff arranged. join us and and enjoy!
Paol.

bob690
28-07-2009, 18:01
This is your last call for this meet! Nearly all the prime pitches allocated are gone! If you want to attend this big, fun meet, please book your place now!
I am amazed at the great response I have had for my first ever meet and look forward to meeting all the people there. I will do this again next year, but there is nothing like the 1st one! So many really nice folk coming and lots of fun stuff arranged. join us and and enjoy!
Paol.
Hi Paul, from your previous posts and comments, a vision of your "do" keeps entering my head, and Ive seen it before in an episode of Father Ted.
Its the one where they go on holiday in a tiny caravan with father jack, and graham norton is trying to get them to do Irish country dancin in the incredibly confined space. Please tell me your not like his character. As for me, I have never seen anyone on tv reflect my character more than father jack, DRINK, GIRLS, FECK! have a good do....Bib

Randonneur
28-07-2009, 18:13
DRINK, GIRLS, FECK!!!.... sounds good to me where do I sign??? :eek: :eek:

LaughingHeart
28-07-2009, 19:58
DRINK, GIRLS, FECK!!!.... sounds good to me where do I sign??? :eek: :eek:

You Sir, are already signed up...Serves you right! You bring the girls and the drink...I'll do the Feck! [No fecking after 11 pm. Site rules]

Bib, Father Ted indeed!!!! I am more like Count Drak, I tempt you in and feast upon your very soul! Everybody thinks this is a meet! It is ...and a bl**dy good one too! As for the tiny caravan, you could be right! My camper is not too big, but I cheat with a big frame tent as an annex!

Paol

Randonneur
28-07-2009, 20:43
I thought you were providing the dancing squaws and the fire water??

Have to make do with wife I suppose. :(

ajs
29-07-2009, 02:01
You bring the girls and the drink...I'll do the Feck! [No fecking after 11 pm. Site rules]

Paol

is that a noise abaitment issue :rolleyes:

regards:o
aj

Randonneur
29-07-2009, 07:57
is that a noise abaitment issue :rolleyes:

regards:o
aj

And no baiting noise issues after 11pm either!!! Night fishing anyone? :)

LaughingHeart
29-07-2009, 10:44
And no baiting noise issues after 11pm either!!! Night fishing anyone? :)

You can bring your 'rod' if you wish, but what you intend to do with it at night is not something we wish to know! My pitch is right by the back gate leading to the creek, so we will be watching. Just remember that my new video camera is so tiny, I can hide it in my hand and post some stills later!
How many in your party? You can have up to 4 per pitch.
Paol.

Randonneur
29-07-2009, 15:34
Just me and the wife but she likes to watch her TV soaps at night, so I'll be playing on my own!!

Don't know about a rod but I've got a nice big fat telephoto lens that goes in and out, should be fun down by the creek :eek::eek:

LaughingHeart
29-07-2009, 17:45
Just me and the wife but she likes to watch her TV soaps at night, so I'll be playing on my own!!

Don't know about a rod but I've got a nice big fat telephoto lens that goes in and out, should be fun down by the creek :eek::eek:

If you are into pix, then you will go totally Ga Ga over the changes of light, the reflections and views over the water. Your fat in and out zoomie thing will be working overtime! No 'flashing after 11 PM. [site rules].
Paol.

ajs
29-07-2009, 18:09
No 'flashing after 11 PM. [site rules].
Paol.

:eek: would that be a light pollution issue...:rolleyes:

regards:D
aj

LaughingHeart
29-07-2009, 19:08
:eek: would that be a light pollution issue...:rolleyes:

aj

You know what some of these wildies are like! Can't have them running about with their in and out , photo watsit, flashy things while the poor wife has to sit inside with only a bit of soap to play with! I have the sanity of all the other campers to think about. Next thing you know, is them flashing and inny- outing all over the neighborhood. Put a curfew on them, lock 'em up! Some of them have foreign names and eat live things! Best thing is to force alcohol into them and make 'em pass out!
Paol.

ajs
29-07-2009, 19:49
Put a curfew on them, lock 'em up! Some of them have foreign names and eat live things! Best thing is to force alcohol into them and make 'em pass out!
Paol.

... hummmm... sounds like an immigration issue then :eek:

:D

aj

Randonneur
29-07-2009, 20:13
If you are into pix, then you will go totally Ga Ga over the changes of light, the reflections and views over the water. Your fat in and out zoomie thing will be working overtime! No 'flashing after 11 PM. [site rules].
Paol.

Spoilsport!!!, no chance of any skinnydipping then?? :D :eek:

Randonneur
29-07-2009, 20:16

aj

I emigrated from Northamptonshire to Worcestershire, they still can't understand me, mind you, neither can the wife!! :rolleyes:

LaughingHeart
29-07-2009, 20:20

aj

I should not have mentioned the back gate and the slipway then! The bu**ers will be sneaking in! It'll be like 'D Day'....'undreds of little boats coming up the creek, guided in by a flashy thing! Now we know what he's up to!

Randonneur
29-07-2009, 20:31
It's a fair cop Laughingheart, ya got me bang to rights, they've all been rumbled at Dover so now they're looking at the smaller places!

I was going to let them in at the back gate, but if you're there with your video camera it will have to be up the beach! :D

LaughingHeart
29-07-2009, 20:49
It's a fair cop Laughingheart, ya got me bang to rights, they've all been rumbled at Dover so now they're looking at the smaller places!

I was going to let them in at the back gate, but if you're there with your video camera it will have to be up the beach! :D

I'll settle for half the take and rights to a hot soup stall!

Randonneur
29-07-2009, 21:28
Done!!! :)

ajs
29-07-2009, 22:24

OHHH fek... its a distortion issue then...:eek::eek:

aj

lyn
30-07-2009, 07:03
Are there any kids going? it's not an adult only site is it???

lyn

LaughingHeart
30-07-2009, 11:48
Are there any kids going? it's not an adult only site is it???

lyn

Osiyo Lyn,
This is a meet for all ages. If you read the last few posts, you will notice that some 'big kids' will be there as well. All ages, all creeds, all types of camping units. This is an 'open' meet designed to mix us all together as one big happy family. You can be a kid again if you wish, or you can just chill out and enjoy this beautiful site! There are 'silly sports', where anybody can make a total fool of themselves. An American Supper where we all bring food to the table, a party and a display of Birds of Prey. Fantastic views, great places to visit and all for 50 quid including EHU and hot showers. [Up to 4 persons per pitch] Lots of lovely, loony people going. It is my privately arranged meet and open to several forums and member groups as well as their friends. You are invited!
There are a few places left, so if you would like to join us for this 'mad', long weekend, book as soon as you can, as not to miss it,
or are you the Lyn that is already coming?
Paol.

lyn
30-07-2009, 19:28
Osiyo Lyn,
This is a meet for all ages. If you read the last few posts, you will notice that some 'big kids' will be there as well. All ages, all creeds, all types of camping units. This is an 'open' meet designed to mix us all together as one big happy family. You can be a kid again if you wish, or you can just chill out and enjoy this beautiful site! There are 'silly sports', where anybody can make a total fool of themselves. An American Supper where we all bring food to the table, a party and a display of Birds of Prey. Fantastic views, great places to visit and all for 50 quid including EHU and hot showers. [Up to 4 persons per pitch] Lots of lovely, loony people going. It is my privately arranged meet and open to several forums and member groups as well as their friends. You are invited!
There are a few places left, so if you would like to join us for this 'mad', long weekend, book as soon as you can, as not to miss it,
or are you the Lyn that is already coming?
Paol.

Yes, I am the one booked in already, it's just my 13 yr old may be coming with me. I'm the parce the parcel, table football, table skittles and any thing else I can think of. We always have rounders bat, football etc on board:)

lyn

LaughingHeart
30-07-2009, 20:12
Nothing to worry about there Lyn. There will be some youngsters at the meet around the same age. I think it is important that we try to include the young ones in all that we do at a meet and try not to be 'ageist' in any way. I try to forget that I am a 'wrinkly' and treat the younger folks as equals. I can still learn and the kids have some good stuff to teach us, if we take time to listen.
The games you are bringing will be a great help with just this aspect. If we can involve adults in the kids games, a lot of fun can be had! A bit like 'old family values', something a lot of kids are starved of!
Can I impose upon you to arrange some of the games? Try as hard as I can, I can only do so much and I do want to give everybody a fun time at this meet. My joy is in giving and giving 'joy' is is the best way to go about it!
There are a few of our neighbours coming with kids and from personal experience of them, we will be having a good party too! [party animals]
I am getting exited and apprehensive all at once now. I'm so pleased with the response from all you lovely people.
Paol.

LaughingHeart
04-08-2009, 19:43
I am very pleased to say that there are members of this site booked into my meet. This is my 1st meet and I hope to make it an annual event. I wish to thank the members in advance for helping my 1st meet to be a successful one by Flying the 'wild' flag.
I look forward to seeing you all there!
Paol.

lenny
04-08-2009, 20:01
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/55555-post3.html

Sorry Paol, I still cant make this one but heres hoping you all have a great meet;) Lots of pics please:) and I hope you get some of the so called "Barbeque Summer":p:D

LaughingHeart
15-08-2009, 12:45
I thought you were providing the dancing squaws and the fire water??

Have to make do with wife I suppose. :(

I think by the tone of your last message,we will have to shorten your 'user name' from Randonneur to 'Randy'
Dancing s****s indeed! [That word is no longer acceptable!]....Fire Water? C'mon!!! anyone with an ounce of chemistry knows that fire and water do not mix!!! You can bring a bottle of bourbon and compare it with mine!
You will have to put up with 'Birds'.....of prey, that is! What's this about putting up with your wife? Just remember: We Redskins [I can say that!] are very fond of white women, so keep your lovely spouse well guarded! We are known for selling white women to Pirate slave traders who come up the creek at full Moon. [we don't sell cheap car insurance, but we do eat meerkat!]
No...I'm not stoned [well, not much] I am just getting a bit exited as the meet draws closer. I am like a kid with a new tomahawk! and of course, there is the big, new Ti pi tent that Sonya gave to me as a birthday pressie and we just got a little caravan and awning. I shall be at the meet with a camper van, a caravan and a Ti pi. All I need now is a trailer tent and a Winnebago!
See you on site!!! Take care! ........Paol.

Randonneur
15-08-2009, 19:15
Hi Paol,

My wife says she won't be cheap, we have a figure in mind to cover the cost of our next motorhome. I'm a real ale man myself, I like a drink with the twigs and leaves still in it!. Looking forward to seeing the birds of prey and I'll give the meerkat burgers a go. :eek: :)

LaughingHeart
17-08-2009, 14:14
Hi Paol,

My wife says she won't be cheap, we have a figure in mind to cover the cost of our next motorhome. I'm a real ale man myself, I like a drink with the twigs and leaves still in it!. Looking forward to seeing the birds of prey and I'll give the meerkat burgers a go. :eek: :)

Redman say, "Randy not happy in new bambi Roamahome, while pretty white woman ride in Winnebago".

Brewer, he say, "Put big tree and much weed in next barrel".

Bird of prey sit and much think of pecking Whiteman!

LaughingHeart sit long time.....Him, much happy in madness!

ajs
17-08-2009, 17:35

i take it this is the place laffintart:confused:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/laffintartsdolcation003.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/laffintartsdolcation002-1.jpg

surrounded by water... no friggin escapin the party games :eek::eek::eek:

regards;)
aj

LaughingHeart
17-08-2009, 20:57

i take it this is the place laffintart:confused:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/laffintartsdolcation003.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/laffintartsdolcation002-1.jpg

surrounded by water... no friggin escapin the party games :eek::eek::eek:

regards;)
aj

Thank you AJ, that is indeed the site and there is no escape!!! Armed guards at the gate and chains round your camper!.

Thanks for putting the shots up. I don't know how to do it!!!
Paol.

ajs
17-08-2009, 21:33
Thank you AJ, that is indeed the site and there is no escape!!! Armed guards at the gate and chains round your camper!.

Paol.

zoomed in.. still couldn't see a golf course... :mad::mad:

aj

i may be able te cum down .( bike in tow and clubs stashed). but it will be a last minute thing...:eek:
iffin yer wana play bow and arras… I'll be wantin the British traditional long bow option please:rolleyes:… merci:D

LaughingHeart
18-08-2009, 13:42
Best I can do on the golf front is a small putting mat and 2 chipping nets!
However,there will be a warm welcome if you can make it! Check with site, as there is a Bessacar rally as well. Getting a pitch might be sticky. there are some left at the moment.
Paol.

LaughingHeart
03-09-2009, 11:57
JUST ONE WEEK TO THE MEET!
There are a few pitches still available if you wish to join us.
I am much looking forward to meeting those of you who are coming!...Paol.

nozzmoking
03-09-2009, 12:36
Unfortunately, I can't make the meet as it clashes with a trip to Scotland.

However, I went down for a long weekend a couple of weeks back so thought I'd give you a mini report on the site.

Finding Fishery Creek is very easy. Once you've gone over the bridge connecting Hayling to the mainland, just keep going straight on. Eventually, you'll pick up the brown camping signs directing you to the site. Don't worry about sat nav or street maps, just follow the signs.

Just before the site entrance, be careful not to take the entrance on the left, which is to another site, (forget the name now).

The wardens, (who live in an RV on the site), are very friendly and helpful.

There is a motorhome dump point for those that need it just after the main barrier to the site.

I can't tell you about the shower facilities, as we used our onboard stuff, but I didn't hear of any complaints whilst there.

If you have dogs, they will love it here. There are extensive walks around the creek, and the man-made lake adjacent to the site. Warning: don't let them run around in the mud at low tide as they'll come back completely black and smelly. (I stood in the side of the lake and washed them off there).

There are miles of shingle beach, approx. 5-10 mins easy walk away. Great views of Portsmouth and Isle of Wight. (As you face the creek, take the creek footpath to the right. This will bring you out on a street in a residential area. Turn left, walk up to T-junction and turn right. Shops, beach etc. then straight on. Very easy).

Provisions: if you run short, there is a small supermarket-type shop approx. 200yds from the main entrance. There are other shops, restaurants, pubs, chippy etc. on the beach front. The site shop has some basic provisions also.

The site is well kept, with smashing views across either the lake, or the creek depending on where you've been sited. A nice evening walk, weather permitting, is by going out of the main gate, turn immediately right, (as if going into the hotel grounds). This takes you around the lake, (with fountain) and back to the creek. There are benches around the lake perimeter.

Pitches are all on grass, with tarmac service roads around the site.

Plenty of water taps, refuse disposal etc. and a couple of Elsan points I remember.

When we were there, the kids were still off school but the site was surprisingly quiet after about 10.00pm.

For those with larger outfits, there are no worries as I easily got my 36' RV on the site.

I think Paol has chosen a great site for a first meet, and wish you all a great time.

Hope the above info helps.

Cheers

Paul

LaughingHeart
03-09-2009, 21:06
Thanks for that Paul,
It's nice to know that others like my site choice. I did a lot of research before I chose it! The only problem I found was the wind that often blows across the site [wind surfing was originated there] The wildlife is abundant and it is a great spot to just 'chill out'.
Looking forward to a good time with all the folks coming from all over!
Paol.

ajs
04-09-2009, 12:03
JUST ONE WEEK TO THE MEET!
There are a few pitches still available if you wish to join us.
I am much looking forward to meeting those of you who are coming!...Paol.

reet laffintart :)
... situation is as follows... just had to back out of hayfield following an attack of the vertigo's. :eek:

havn't booked you site but will do as soon as i can drive without feeling pithed....:o
so help me out here.. what is the phone number of the site again please :confused:
cus it's going to be a late last min jobbie iffin at all.
case of if they can accommodate then fine iffin they can't then fine too... i'll stay at home :p

regards ;)
aj

nozzmoking
04-09-2009, 13:56
Fishery Creek

Tel: 02392 462164

ajs
04-09-2009, 15:03
Fishery Creek

Tel: 02392 462164

tar mozzstocking :cool:

regards ;)
aj

LaughingHeart
04-09-2009, 19:02
I really do hope you can make it AJ. A bloke who can get away with calling me a tart is worth having a pint with!
I look forward to meeting you!
Regards, LoaffingFart.

ajs
05-09-2009, 00:55
I really do hope you can make it AJ. A bloke who can get away with calling me a tart is worth having a pint with!
I look forward to meeting you!
Regards, LoaffingFart.

rewords :rolleyes:
aj

LaughingHeart
08-09-2009, 17:45
ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO AND GREAT WEATHER IS PREDICTED!!!
I am exited and looking forward to meeting all coming!
Paol.

ajs
08-09-2009, 18:16
Paol.

snot looking good laffinhard... still can't drive :(:mad:

regards :eek:
aj

channa
08-09-2009, 20:47
I know you have put a lot of effort into this gig laffin one.

I hope the meet goes well for all, and chuck a tomahawk for me.

channa

lyn
10-09-2009, 18:49
I put my van in for a new clutch & MOT last week and it is still in the garage:(:( the price goes up by the minute, today they phoned to say it needs some welding but they cant do it:mad::mad:

Anyway bottom line is we won't be able to make it this weekend:( We have just moved house and I am still not on line so using a friends computer to post this msg.

I hope you all have a great weekend and I look forward to meeting up with you another time.

I will read the reports next week when I am back on line.

Sorry this is a last minute thing but they did say I would have it back today!

lyn

ajs
11-09-2009, 00:14
snot looking good laffinhard... still can't drive :(:mad:

aj

:eek:... drove the car today... first time fer 2 weeks :o
i'll try the van in the mornin...:confused::o

regards :D
aj

maingate
11-09-2009, 06:19
:eek:... drove the car today... first time fer 2 weeks :o
i'll try the van in the mornin...:confused::o

regards :D
aj
Now all you need is a Driving Licence.

ajs
11-09-2009, 11:29
Now all you need is a Driving Licence.

farrrr tooooo young fer one of then...:rolleyes::D

regards :rolleyes:
aj

ajs
11-09-2009, 11:39
Paol.

absolutely peeedoff with being housebound fer the past 2 weeks so... licence or not... i'zacummin.:eek:

should be with you about 5-6pm.:cool:

goodnews... you wont be able te tell iffin ive been drinkin or not...:D

regards;)
aj

ajs
15-09-2009, 17:03

well i went... was the only fuuerkier off here to go...:eek:

a very different weekend to my normal awaydays..:confused:
( no bike on this 1...) but none the less ... interesting :rolleyes:
some vellyinterstin people live down south...:eek::eek:

some pics later....oh... and i got it right...:D
he rearly is a laffintart :p... or should that be wiffingphart...:rolleyes:

regards ;)
aj

derekfaeberwick
16-09-2009, 21:28
Pray tell us more good Sir because I desperately need cheering up. :confused:

ajs
16-09-2009, 23:22
Pray tell us more good Sir because I desperately need cheering up.

what's up merickplayderdick... been readin tooomany posts on here
or just bored

some pics.... more later..

the site.. juttin out into fishery creek...

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9100/img0001ar.jpg

the creek...low tide

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/489/img0001dz.jpg

up the creek....

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1650/img0005aw.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1070/img0004ad.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6103/img0009ag.jpg

the creek at incoming tide...

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7761/img0123e.jpg

the pebble beach looking towards portsmouth

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3003/img0012tb.jpg

tother way...

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9376/img0002ga.jpg

bodyparts litterin the beach..

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/700/img0057sb.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5061/img0083g.jpg

oldfolk everywhere...

i'll upload more temorra... iffin i have time

this place will only allow me 10 images at a time... so no smilies either

regards
aj

LaughingHeart
17-09-2009, 12:51
Osiyo AJ,
Bit of a culture shock, was it! Thanks much for being there. You have been refered to by someone as: 'The refined gentleman with the big camera'. I'm not sure just how loud or for how long it is decently acceptable to laugh, or just chuckle to myself on occaisions! Anyway, I'm pleased you came.
The 1st photo you have posted of the site makes things look a little crowded, so I realise that you must have used a telephoto lens and not stood on the water as 1st thought! [or maybe you did!] You made my old camper look good though.....must be a good camera! I think you should post the pouluting battleship photo and the shot of the Grand Canyon wearing a feathered hat!
I have had some great feedback and everyone said they had a super time. They all want to do it again next year. I am very happy with the whole thing and it was worth the work up!
Thank you for being there and helping to make it a great meet!
Looking forward to some more pics when you have time.
Paol.

maingate
17-09-2009, 14:46
We really must come up with a Red Indian name for AJ. In fact I will start a new thread.

ajs
17-09-2009, 15:10

the last of the pics...

laffintart lookin for the spirit in the sky... he'd finished the bottle...:eek:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9931/img00131z.jpg

laffintart base camp... "i see no soldiers"

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8814/img0018aik.jpg

dog contest....

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4120/img00181d.jpg

yes... still the dog contest....

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2386/img00053gn.jpg

best lookin dog...

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6382/img00321o.jpg

pitchin contest... no.. didn't enter...

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8112/img0017as.jpg

spit the tic tak the furthest contest...didn't enter this 1 either... so there

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1249/img0016aq.jpg

ahhhahh.. so that's who the body part belong to...

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5246/img00291.jpg

"you will enjoy yerself"....laffintarts last stand...

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8696/img00231qm.jpg

regards
aj

ajs
17-09-2009, 15:17
Osiyo AJ,
You have been refered to by someone as: 'The refined gentleman with the big camera'. Paol.

you billy indian... she said..." that goodlookin chap with the big clock"

i did actualy enjoy the weekend...:cool:

aj

maingate
17-09-2009, 15:19
Good pics o mighty warrior.

Or should I say good pics Dances with Tarts

LaughingHeart
17-09-2009, 19:34
We really must come up with a Red Indian name for AJ. In fact I will start a new thread.

He already has one! I will leave it to him to tell it! I named him at the meet.
Paol.

robert b
17-09-2009, 20:02
great pics aj looks like you had a good time. with laughing tart . hope to see you at closing meet at hayfield.

ajs
17-09-2009, 20:53
He already has one! I will leave it to him to tell it! I named him at the meet.
Paol.

sheeeeit,,,:confused::confused::confused:... ffffergotit....:eek:

i'll never make a bearback rider now... with no name anall :o:o

regards ;)
aj

LaughingHeart
18-09-2009, 12:21
sheeeeit,,,:confused::confused::confused:... ffffergotit....:eek:

i'll never make a bearback rider now... with no name anall :o:o

regards ;)
aj

'He Who Runs With Wheels', shorten it to: 'Runswithwheels'. You ride a horse with 2 wheels......remember??? You must take your medicine, the 'nurse' said so! It comes to something when even the beach gives you the finger! I hope you dug 'Nursey' up afterwards.
Paol. [being amused]

Randonneur
19-09-2009, 17:13
I suppose my name would be creepingminnie then, cos we snuck in and hid behind AJ's van. :D

LaughingHeart
20-09-2009, 19:53
If I had realised that you had to sleep downwind of AJ, I would have lent you a windbreak!
Paol.

Randonneur
20-09-2009, 20:06
We had one of our own up......did'nt help much, but at times it looked in danger of being blown away!!!!

ajs
21-09-2009, 15:49
If I had realised that you had to sleep downwind of AJ, I would have lent you a windbreak!
Paol.

OI laffintartwithnosales....iffin yer want yer pics
PM me or e-mail me yer address..:cool:

sheeeeet fffergot te dig the carer up....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

regards :rolleyes:
aj

LaughingHeart
23-09-2009, 17:21
Hayling meet 2010,
I am planning the next one for sept next year and need to know if there is interest from this forum.
Post here if you think you would like to join us........Paol.

Randonneur
23-09-2009, 18:11
Same site or somewhere different???.

LaughingHeart
23-09-2009, 20:50
Same site or somewhere different???.

same site, see new thread: 'Paols hayling Island Meet 2010'.
Paol

Green Bees
24-09-2009, 06:26
Oh! how I wish we could join this gathering. I love Hayling Island and have many happy memories of weekends spent their in my old van Dennis. Hope you get a good response to your invite and that everyone has a good time. (especially if the weather is good to you.)

Sadly we can't come as we are without a motorhome, but give us another 4-5 years and we will be there! (It seems like a life time away!)
TTFN
Green Bees (http://www.beesknees-guesthouse.co.uk):)

LaughingHeart
25-09-2009, 03:50
Oh! how I wish we could join this gathering. I love Hayling Island and have many happy memories of weekends spent their in my old van Dennis. Hope you get a good response to your invite and that everyone has a good time. (especially if the weather is good to you.)

Sadly we can't come as we are without a motorhome, but give us another 4-5 years and we will be there! (It seems like a life time away!)
TTFN
Green Bees (http://www.beesknees-guesthouse.co.uk):)

You dont need a motorhome for this meet....a tent will do. If you don't have one, we can lend you a very big one and we have lots of spare gear too!
Paol

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS