PDA

View Full Version : Benidorm

maja07
01-12-2016, 13:30
Hi all, we near Benidorm for next 10 days if anyone around ? maja07

5andy
01-12-2016, 21:21
Just a bit early for us we don't arrive for another 16 days.
5andy

Wanderlust
02-12-2016, 07:11
Hi we are at capblanch, albir till new year but not mobile til then

5andy
02-12-2016, 07:25
Is that the car park, campsite? We might cycle in past and say hallo.
5andy

Hi we are at capblanch, albir till new year but not mobile til then

Fletch6
02-12-2016, 07:30
Is that the car park, campsite? We might cycle in past and say hallo.
5andy

No I think it's the one nearer town centre but on the same sea front road.

5andy
02-12-2016, 07:37
We will keep an eye out for a sticker.

Wanderlust
02-12-2016, 07:45
We are on a campsite on the seafront called camping capblanch, albir

maja07
02-12-2016, 09:29
Hi folks, the car park site called "Los Limbos" (near Albir) is now closed...the land has been bought for private use. maja07

Fletch6
02-12-2016, 10:41
It's just come to me what the camper park is called... San Antonio. The site comes up on Google Maps when you put the name in.
It never appeals to us being crammed in like sardines, €12/night + electric. Mind you it's always full so some like it.

Los Limbos must have been closed for sometime as it doesn't come up on Maps & I've not heard of it.

maja07
02-12-2016, 18:44
Hi Fletch....Los Limbos was shown on another site....since been removed..maja

maja07
02-12-2016, 18:51
....actually Fletch...just read what you said about being "packed in like sardines" and that's how we view sites as well. They can be popular but
not what we prefer.....seemingly same as you maybe....maja

spigot
03-12-2016, 11:37
We like Benidorm in small doses, but wouldn't stay there. It has superb beaches but the two main ones get crowded, we use the small (mainly Spanish) beach in the middle, it's ideal for swimming.

We stay in Albir & catch the bus, but it's not quick as it does a grand tour of the countryside before stopping in Benidorm.

We stay in the large car park in the centre of Albir which never gets crowded or in the car park by the theatre on the sea front, there are good toilets nearby & a drinking water tap. We disperse waste water onto the flower beds early in the morning.

This year, being nosey & wanting to see what we're (not) missing, had a poke round the Cap Blanch campsite & couldn't believe it, vans crammed in & full of miserable Netherlanders, wouldn't stay there if I was paid to.

There is a camper park along the sea front nearer Altea but have only seen it open in high season, but that's even more 'sardine like'.

maja07
03-12-2016, 18:29
Hi Spigot, respect your views on Benidorm...we just enjoying that Benidorm "thing" for a few days LOL !! Mostly grey hair n buggy's at this time of year !!
We are in a site very close and cheapest around...lots of space, no sardine syndrome...but you have to be lucky on the day to arrive...no advance booking.
14 euro but free wifi n leccy...not true wilding....but hey-ho...horses n all that...maja

Fletch6
03-12-2016, 18:53
....actually Fletch...just read what you said about being "packed in like sardines" and that's how we view sites as well. They can be popular but
not what we prefer.....seemingly same as you maybe....maja

No Maj, the San Antonio camper park is even more crammed in than a camp site, it's like a graveled car park.

Fletch6
03-12-2016, 18:57
We like Benidorm in small doses, but wouldn't stay there. It has superb beaches but the two main ones get crowded, we use the small (mainly Spanish) beach in the middle, it's ideal for swimming.

We stay in Albir & catch the bus, but it's not quick as it does a grand tour of the countryside before stopping in Benidorm.

We stay in the large car park in the centre of Albir which never gets crowded or in the car park by the theatre on the sea front, there are good toilets nearby & a drinking water tap. We disperse waste water onto the flower beds early in the morning.

This year, being nosey & wanting to see what we're (not) missing, had a poke round the Cap Blanch campsite & couldn't believe it, vans crammed in & full of miserable Netherlanders, wouldn't stay there if I was paid to.

There is a camper park along the sea front nearer Altea but have only seen it open in high season, but that's even more 'sardine like'.

Have you tried number 10 bus? It runs up and down the coast and is 1.50 per person per journey.

Fletch6
03-12-2016, 19:07
"This year, being nosey & wanting to see what we're (not) missing, had a poke round the Cap Blanch campsite & couldn't believe it, vans crammed in & full of miserable Netherlanders, wouldn't stay there if I was paid to"

Same here, the receptionist was very rude and didn't like the inconvenience of having to end her telephone conversation to book us in. We had a walk round to pick our pitch and when we went back into reception I told her we won't be stopping there.. we then went to La Torreta in Benidorm. Happy days.

maja07
03-12-2016, 19:13
Hi, so how much is La Torreta...and are you there now ? maja

spigot
03-12-2016, 19:51
Have you tried number 10 bus? It runs up and down the coast and is 1.50 per person per journey.

That's the bus I'm talking about, from Albir it does a grand tour of the countryside before stopping in Benidorm.

Fletch6
03-12-2016, 20:49
Hi, so how much is La Torreta...and are you there now ? maja

15 per night if you stay over 30 nights. I'm in England now but going away in April :)

spigot
04-12-2016, 07:11
15 per night if you stay over 30 nights.

Bugger that for a lark, that's getting on for 400 quid a month.

Still, nice to know what I'm saving!

Fletch6
04-12-2016, 09:38
Where are you staying maja?

maja07
04-12-2016, 20:26
Hi, we at Armanello, perfectly happy with tv n ehu and free wi-fi for 14 euro if you stay 6 nights (7th free)...10 mins walk to town.....

maja07
04-12-2016, 20:45
We are on a campsite on the seafront called camping capblanch, albir

We are bussing it up to Albir Monday....will look for you.....maja

maja07
05-12-2016, 20:12
Hi, been on bus to Albir....Cap blanch site huge and not our cup of tea....happier here at Benidorm !! If no room here (Armanello) next year then would use La Toretta site which is similar price but without the free Wi-Fi. (but has ehu and cabled tv) maja

jacquigem
06-12-2016, 06:40
Hi, been on bus to Albir....Cap blanch site huge and not our cup of tea....happier here at Benidorm !! If no room here (Armanello) next year then would use La Toretta site which is similar price but without the free Wi-Fi. (but has ehu and cabled tv) maja

Just make sure you get a good pitch. Ours was rubbish, no sun ,very small and expensive for a 10 day stay.

maja07
06-12-2016, 08:01
I think it depends what side if the road you end up in....the smaller south side seemed very sunny ?

Fletch6
06-12-2016, 08:16
I think it depends what side if the road you end up in....the smaller south side seemed very sunny ?

It's sunny down the bottom away from the school. You've got to be ready to move if it floods though.

spigot
06-12-2016, 11:12
After reading the above posts.........I ask myself............Why on earth go to a campsite?????

jacquigem
06-12-2016, 11:46
We were on the left as you drove in. Locals called it the refridgerator!

jacquigem
06-12-2016, 11:48
After reading the above posts.........I ask myself............Why on earth go to a campsite?????

Having just had our van broken into and reading about the thieves targeting Benidorm then we would not wild there

carol
06-12-2016, 11:54

So you can get your chairs and awning out of course! If you get a nice pitch it can be a pleasant change. Water, showers, maybe EHU, local bus into town ... 😄

spigot
06-12-2016, 14:12
So you can get your chairs and awning out of course! If you get a nice pitch it can be a pleasant change. Water, showers, maybe EHU, local bus into town ... 😄

In Albir there's a nearby drinking water tap, I have an adequate shower in the van, with a solar panel & all that sun, who needs EHU?. Bus into Benny,100mtrs.

Admittedly, it's not done to get chairs out, if we want to sit, we just take chairs across the road & sit on the beach.

And we are saving app 15euros per day!

POI Admin
06-12-2016, 14:36
Could you please advise where the Albir tap is located?

jacquigem
06-12-2016, 15:30
In Albir there's a nearby drinking water tap, I have an adequate shower in the van, with a solar panel & all that sun, who needs EHU?. Bus into Benny,100mtrs.

Admittedly, it's not done to get chairs out, if we want to sit, we just take chairs across the road & sit on the beach.

Yes I think Albir would be safer than Benidorm and as you say good bus service in and tram not too far away

carol
06-12-2016, 15:34

Spent a few nights there in March/April. Lovely stop.

maja07
06-12-2016, 15:49

All depends on your requirements Spigot...there's many more aspects to motor-homing than your "tunnel-vision view" and you should learn to respect all people's needs. Many have reduced mobility and need the support of ehu for warmth, buggy charging ect. Also, although this is called WC many users benefit from interacting herein without actually ever "wildcamping" (we do both) so think about that eh !!!! maja

Fletch6
06-12-2016, 17:27
We mix it up, so I can see both points of view. There's nothing better than adding up all the money you've saved by staying in a free Aire. But it's great also to settle into a secure site with friendly neighbours and all the facilities. And I've never seen an Aire with a pool. Enjoy wherever you are :)

carol
06-12-2016, 17:49
I used to love the little municipal campsites that often had a swimming pool nearby that was free when you stayed on the site. Used to cost a few Francs!

maja07
06-12-2016, 18:16
Totally agree with last two posts as we enjoy free Aires/wilding too.(while still being young enough too LOL)...but, still say respect needed for those who prefer all that sites offer, and hence miffed by "why bother with sites" LOL !! Found a couple of Aires in France with free electric last year which was good fun. Also, on way south this Nov used a couple of Aires where you have 24hr electric and they collect 3/4 next day....that was cool. Oh, and in stunning locations too !! maja

spigot
06-12-2016, 21:11
All depends on your requirements Spigot...there's many more aspects to motor-homing than your "tunnel-vision view" and you should learn to respect all people's needs. Many have reduced mobility and need the support of ehu for warmth, buggy charging ect. Also, although this is called WC many users benefit from interacting herein without actually ever "wildcamping" (we do both) so think about that eh !!!! maja

"Tunnel vision" , Oxford English Dictionary= (1) Defective sight in which objects can only be properly seen if they close to the centre of the field of view. (2) (informal) the tendency to focus exclusively on a single or limited objective or view.

Sounds to me like a description of campsite dwellers!

spigot
06-12-2016, 21:24
Could you please advise where the Albir tap is located?

Hi Chris,
Tap situated at 38.573592 -0.064679, give or take 20mtrs.

carol
06-12-2016, 21:33
Hi Chris,

How do you find the coordinates Mike? Actually I did find something on my Tomtom but haven't a clue with my new Garmin!

wildman
06-12-2016, 22:30
do you not have a where am I button like tom tom Carol, otherwise you could use google earth.

POI Admin
06-12-2016, 23:40
Hi Chris,

I presume this is it:

Google Maps (https://goo.gl/maps/QjVdxtaq7x62)

Can you use a hose?

Fletch6
07-12-2016, 00:10
Most beach water showers/taps are filtered sea water so be careful.

spigot
07-12-2016, 09:47
Most beach water showers/taps are filtered sea water so be careful.

I did say that this tap is drinking water.

Wanderlust
07-12-2016, 11:52

I presume this is it:

Google Maps (https://goo.gl/maps/QjVdxtaq7x62)

Can you use a hose?

Hi Chris
The picture is of the beach foot washing point, the actual drinking tap is outside Jakarta, ale hop, 50m further right of the car park facing the sea, you can't attach a hose, also there is some toilets suitable to empty the bog closer to the car park these are all seafront

carol
07-12-2016, 13:15
There's also a drinking tap in the large car park, I think.

carol
07-12-2016, 13:17
do you not have a where am I button like tom tom Carol, otherwise you could use google earth.

If there is I've yet to find it Roger! I'm hoping my Garmin mentor, Wooie, might know!

POI Admin
07-12-2016, 13:29
Hi Chris
The picture is of the beach foot washing point, the actual drinking tap is outside Jakarta, ale hop, 50m further right of the car park facing the sea, you can't attach a hose, also there is some toilets suitable to empty the bog closer to the car park these are all seafront

Thanks for the extra info.

Whereabouts in this picture is it located?

Google Maps (https://goo.gl/maps/BfNVLYMz7H92)

Wanderlust
07-12-2016, 14:11
I don't know exactly where your picture is as there are several of those points along the beach. I walked up there today its opposite Jakarta shop on the edge of the beach it looks similar shape but looks like its made of stone and a tan colour

spigot
07-12-2016, 14:20
When I got water there earlier in the year, the pedestal housing the tap was black metal.

POI Admin
07-12-2016, 14:42
I don't know exactly where your picture is as there are several of those points along the beach. I walked up there today its opposite Jakarta shop on the edge of the beach it looks similar shape but looks like its made of stone and a tan colour

Is this it?

Google Maps (https://goo.gl/maps/SexajMGay1t)

(Opposite Djakarta)

Lee
07-12-2016, 14:53
Here is a tap is this it.
If you look at the side of the shop in the corner you can just see the tap.

Google Maps (https://goo.gl/maps/Afpa52yF4HM2)

Wanderlust
07-12-2016, 14:54
Hi Chris yes it is, agua potable

POI Admin
07-12-2016, 18:11

Looks like this might be another tap ...

If it works that should be usable with a hose.

spigot
08-12-2016, 10:46

Looks like this might be another tap ...

If it works that should be usable with a hose.

The potable tap I used didn't have a threaded spout to take a fitting, anyway you couldn't really stop here & run a hose across the paseo.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS