PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested ?

channa
09-05-2009, 12:43
Hi Everyone,

I have noticed that there seems to be several meets going off, sometimes with a themed interest in addition to our collective passion for camping !!

I spend most of my time In the Yorkshire area.

Just a thought but I am a keen watercolour artist, and can be found quite often around Staithes, Whitby and other places in North Yorks. So have a reasonable knowledge of some good quiet and not so quiet locations

If anyone would like to explore the area, and get out the brushes for a go, I would be quite happy to assist in organising a meet.

On the Art front, I know from experience a lot of peeps want to have a go outside but feel conscious. Also you gain a lot from working with other artists.

If it is something you have always wanted to try even, and would prefer to sketch in charcoal or something it isnt a problem !!.... the rule is there are no rules. !!!

So if you have exhibited at the Royal Academy, or just fancy having a bash at drawing / painting ..that would be the objective.

your thoughts ?

Channa

Benbowto
09-05-2009, 21:49
Hi Channa, If I still lived in England I would be there like a shot.

My friends and I paint at my house on a Friday afteroon, we are not too good but we love it. At the moment we are using water colours but I would like to have a go a pastels, I love animals and would love to do a pastel of my Beardie and my friend has a lovely rescue dog, can't remember the breed, it is a french breed, but he looks similar to a German Shepard.

Before moving to France we lived in York, and before that Scarborough, so I know Whitby area very well. If we ever returned to the U.K. (not very likely) it would be somewhere around there.

Hope you get lots of replies and interest.

channa
09-05-2009, 22:22
Not many takers so far !!!..... last year I managed to persuade a gallery in Cadouin to sell my work plying my trade in France.

I feel a trip to St Tropez coming on lol, makea few euros from tourists.

That said some of the artists there are remarkable so perhaps not the best of ideas !!

You are in France, Check out ''Aquarelle Facille'' a very inspiring magazine even if you are not fluent in French. There are some very inspiring articles and step by step (etapes?) from french artists.

Has for North Yorks check out this fellow ... david curtis (http://www.djcurtis.co.uk)
my role model to be honest.!!!

It doesnt actually matter how good or bad your work is IMHO...it is the connection you get in your surroundings which is the reward if that makes sense.
Happy brushstrokes
Channa

simong
09-05-2009, 22:44
I think this is a cracking idea, I've not picked up a brush in years, not that I was any good at it :D

channa
09-05-2009, 22:59
I think this is a cracking idea, I've not picked up a brush in years, not that I was any good at it :D

It doesnt really matter good bad or indifferent an event that all have a common interest etc ...

So are you in ???

Channa ;)

johnnyrotten
10-05-2009, 19:43
Hi Everyone,

I have noticed that there seems to be several meets going off, sometimes with a themed interest in addition to our collective passion for camping !!

Just a thought but I am a keen watercolour artist, and can be found quite often around Staithes, Whitby and other places in North Yorks. So have a reasonable knowledge of some good quiet and not so quiet locations

If anyone would like to explore the area, and get out the brushes for a go, I would be quite happy to assist in organising a meet.

On the Art front, I know from experience a lot of peeps want to have a go outside but feel conscious. Also you gain a lot from working with other artists.

If it is something you have always wanted to try even, and would prefer to sketch in charcoal or something it isnt a problem !!.... the rule is there are no rules. !!!

So if you have exhibited at the Royal Academy, or just fancy having a bash at drawing / painting ..that would be the objective.

your thoughts ?

Channa
Hi Channa,
I have done a little watercolour,and sketch's in the past, my daughter want's me to do more mabe this will encourage me. I have loaded my pics on my profile page, have a look and see what you think.
Let me know when you intend to meet, Cheers Johnny:)

channa
16-05-2009, 15:05
Hi Johnny,

Firstly apologies for not replying sooner, Your post seemed to have got lost in Cyberspace !!!

I have seen your work, and I like it ...particularly the fruit still life.

For sure you would love N Yorks, At the moment I am pretty open minded has to when ...any Ideas ?

Simon ..you in too ?...If so shout up with dates so we can get it on.

If I can work out how to add albums I will put a bit of my own work on too.

Any more takers ??

Channa

Caggsie
16-05-2009, 19:39
when were you thinking of I may be interested in a weekend one, I have never drawn well, actually pretty cr*p. Last time I did any was when at school many moons ago - well 20+. I conned my hubby into buying me a box from, can't remember where, and it has never seen the light of day other than me looking at it all and cooing.

regards

Karen

channa
16-05-2009, 20:02
when were you thinking of I may be interested in a weekend one, I have never drawn well, actually pretty cr*p. Last time I did any was when at school many moons ago - well 20+. I conned my hubby into buying me a box from, can't remember where, and it has never seen the light of day other than me looking at it all and cooing.

regards

Karen

Hi Karen ...well about time then it saw the light of day what do you think ?
And if we are dissapointed in our efforts what the hell.....there is always a bbq opportunity or pub to enjoy !!!

channa
16-05-2009, 20:04
Listen Guys and gals ....I am loose and easy ??? (lol )

But lets see if we can sort out a date.

Your suggestions

Channa

johnnyrotten
16-05-2009, 22:24
Listen Guys and gals ....I am loose and easy ??? (lol )

But lets see if we can sort out a date.

Your suggestions

Channa
I know it's not much help, but I'll go along with the majority.
I have a nephew in York, so I can use the time to visit him.
Cheers Johnny:cool:

nichodia
16-05-2009, 22:55
I would love to be able to draw or paint, sadly I have little or no talent at all in this direction so even though I would love to, I feel I would be a burden and a very needy student!

channa
17-05-2009, 02:02
I would love to be able to draw or paint, sadly I have little or no talent at all in this direction so even though I would love to, I feel I would be a burden and a very needy student!

You can write ? writing is drawing!!!(think about it ...each letter is a drawing ) ..the fact your writing is different to mine or someone elses is style !!!...ok so thats that out the way.

You are more than welcome, The only pressure is what you put on yourself !!

And you will have great fun and a good confidence builder working with others.

channa

Chrissy
17-05-2009, 08:27
Hi Channa
Hubby and I like to take a few pictures with our cameras so capturing the "Art" we could do - regardless of whether we took part in the Arty stuff, we would love to meet as this is so in our area and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't exclude non-artists. As you say, there's always a bbq or pub event :D
PS, I can write :p
Chrissy

nichodia
17-05-2009, 10:24
I would love to come then!

johnnyrotten
17-05-2009, 11:07
It is surprising what you can learn. I did a three day course in Malta a few years ago. If you look at my sketches, the two faces, I did them upside down. It means that you are drawing shapes rather than faces.;)

Nolly
17-05-2009, 11:41
Hi.
We would love to join you, can't paint but when confronted with scenery such as we have in the Jura (France) would just love to be able to pick up a paintbrush. :)
Hope to be spending June and July in England, and after watching Wainrights
walks last week we both agreed North Yorkshire would be a great place to visit with the M/H.
With living in France we have no problems with wild camping, it would be be great to be able to experience the same freedom in England.

Caggsie
17-05-2009, 15:32
Where abouts is it gonna happen?? Would it be wildcamping? Anyone willing to put a date to it?

I can do any weekend in June after 5th and away 13th -26th July.

regards

Karen

NorfolkanGood
27-05-2009, 12:57
If this meet is going ahead I'd be interested. I paint, I prefer to use oils, but I love to pencil sketch, too.
During the school hols is best for us. I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Allyssa

channa
27-05-2009, 15:56
Ok guys and girls ...

I thought about the 13th and 14 th June......

Potentially we have 8 vans so perhaps I can do a reccy with a campsite that can accomodate us all if you are interested...or you may prefer to wild ???

The areas I have in mind for painting, drawing , sketching piccy taking ..are Sandsend just north of Whitby, and Staithes 12 or so miles further North.

Staithes may be difficult for anyone who has a disability Steep hill to go down and climb again ...so if this is a problem to anyone please let me know.

So Far and perhaps you could re affirm your interest but we have.

Simong
johnnyrotten
caggsie
nichodia
chrissy
nolly ( ? )
norfolkengood.

Please let me have your thoughts

Channa

Btw ...anyone else up for it ....please let me know

Thanks

Chrissy
27-05-2009, 17:14
Sandsend sounds good to me - would prefer wild camp if possible :)
Chrissy

nichodia
27-05-2009, 20:15
Count me in...Can my daughter come too (in my van). What do we need to bring, pencils and paper and such like?
nichodia

channa
27-05-2009, 20:29
yes and yes :D

cipro
27-05-2009, 20:45
My wife can draw and paint :D

She Draws money out
and Paints the town red :D:D

johnnyrotten
29-05-2009, 13:12
Ok guys and girls ...

I thought about the 13th and 14 th June......

Potentially we have 8 vans so perhaps I can do a reccy with a campsite that can accomodate us all if you are interested...or you may prefer to wild ???

The areas I have in mind for painting, drawing , sketching piccy taking ..are Sandsend just north of Whitby, and Staithes 12 or so miles further North.

Staithes may be difficult for anyone who has a disability Steep hill to go down and climb again ...so if this is a problem to anyone please let me know.

So Far and perhaps you could re affirm your interest but we have.

Simong
johnnyrotten
caggsie
nichodia
chrissy
nolly ( ? )
norfolkengood.

Please let me have your thoughts

Channa

Btw ...anyone else up for it ....please let me know

Thanks
Dates are ok with me, I have an appointment on the Friday morning so may arrive in the evening. Sandsend would be better for Ann and I.
Cheers john:)

kimbowbill
30-05-2009, 02:27
Hi Johnny,

Firstly apologies for not replying sooner, Your post seemed to have got lost in Cyberspace !!!

I have seen your work, and I like it ...particularly the fruit still life.

For sure you would love N Yorks, At the moment I am pretty open minded has to when ...any Ideas ?

Simon ..you in too ?...If so shout up with dates so we can get it on.

If I can work out how to add albums I will put a bit of my own work on too.

Any more takers ??

Channa

i'l come and make cups o tea for you all, while you paint xx

kimbowbill
30-05-2009, 02:30
Dates are ok with me, I have an appointment on the Friday morning so may arrive in the evening. Sandsend would be better for Ann and I.
Cheers john:)

add me to the convoy would prefer to wild but dont mind a site

J

Caggsie
30-05-2009, 07:37
Soz, I'm going to have to bow out of this one. Looking at the map n google its 4+ hours away. I won't get back from work till 6. Bit far for what will all intents be just a Sat for us. If you do one mid way between north wales and there I will come. Thanks for the offer Channa.

regards

Karen

kimbowbill
02-06-2009, 19:51
Hi Everyone,

your thoughts ?

Channa

any update channa? whats happening, is it still on/off xxJxx

channa
02-06-2009, 20:24
PLEASE NOTE THIS MEET IS CANCELLED PLEASE SEE MY MEET AND APOLOGIES FOR AN EXPLANATION

Channa

veedubinfrance
09-07-2009, 17:44
Hi Channa,
I have done a little watercolour,and sketch's in the past, my daughter want's me to do more mabe this will encourage me. I have loaded my pics on my profile page, have a look and see what you think.
Let me know when you intend to meet, Cheers Johnny:)

they are really good, better than anything I can do:D are you the 'real' Johnnyrotten .......... J. Lyden? Nah.... not possible.... is it?

Channa, you will hear this a lot from me until we sort our lives out but if/when we have our van we'd love to do a painting meet.:)

regards

Dave the 'real' veedubinfrance.....

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS