PDA

View Full Version : Normandy and Brittany spots required

barryd
12-05-2009, 00:15
Hi All

Anytime soon we are hoping to be off for our first trip in the MH abroad and will be starting at Cherbourg in Normandy and then doing Brittany. We are hoping to visit Utah Beach and the war graves and then head down to Brittany. I know there are lots of Aires and I have the guide book and I have also read Belgians Itineraries in France which we will use. I would however like to find a handful of good secluded spots by the sea where we can leave the van for a day or two and go off on the scooter and explore. My plan was to use the Aires just to dump waste, get water and maybe get a nights charge up but would prefer to wildcamp as much as possible. If anyone has some spots like this in mind I would love to hear about them. Even better if you have the GPS Coordinates so I could just tap them into the TomTom that would be great. I am sure from what I have heard about both Normandy and Brittany we wont have a problem but its always good to get as much info from those who have been there and done it!

cheers
BD

Pioneer
12-05-2009, 12:59
Hi barryd,
hope you enjoy your trip and your visit to Utah beach, but don't forget the town of Arrowmanches and the Mulberry Harbours, and Museum. I saw an old Black and White movie in the museum here about the British Landing, and learned about things that happened before, during and after the building of the Harbours, very interesting.
A lovely secluded Aires in the Town, and they love the Brit's! Union flags flying everywhere.

Happy Camping:)

channa
12-05-2009, 16:25
If you get down as far as St Nazaire ..some nice aires around there..And the story of HMS Cambelltown was fascinating too.

Channa

ian81
12-05-2009, 17:48
In May 06 we stayed at the following without cost
Pegasus Bridge,14
Pointe du Grouin, 35
Sillon de Talbert, 22
Tremazan, 29
Ploeven beach, 29
Gavres, 56
Sevre nr Boussat, 85
(numbers refer to the French departement)

barryd
12-05-2009, 19:08
Thanks for that Ian. I just found a map of the departments. All good stuff, will check out your wildcamping spots. If we ever get away that is. People keep giving me work!

channa
12-05-2009, 20:27
A keen and willing trainee available if you want one !!!

Not frightened of graft, and would even work a fortnight free of charge to prove it !!!

Channa

rebbyvid
12-05-2009, 21:00
just posted a blog on my first trip to France in 2007 ,Normandy and Brittany
hope it helps ,will try to post Janes blog as it is more detailed but may have to split it as you can only have so many characters
Rob

Jacqueslemac
14-05-2009, 22:17
Not exactly wild, but there's always a few campers on the sea front at Port-en-Bessin. It's where the delighfully-named PipeLine Under The Ocean (PLUTO) came ashore.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS