PDA

View Full Version : My first experience of the Outer Hebrides

kimbowbill
12-05-2009, 01:17
Hi Yall

just arrived back after 1 (should have been 2) week in the OH, set off on Friday 1st May, wild camped every night in some gob smacking spots, managed to visit North & Souh Uist, Lewis & Harris and the back over to tour round Skye, had the most horrific weather (force 10 gales) along with snow and hail stones the size of pebbles wilding up on the tops of Balnarald RSPB , during this time managed to get stuck on someones back garden, sand clogged in my wheel hubbs and thought my wheel bearings had gone, got a water leak in my roof that i couldn't fix coz i never got a dry day, so we slept in bin bags to keep dry, one of my doors blew off and is now secured on with duct tape (any suggestions where i can get a new one would be welcomed) finaly on Sunday 9th of may, weather looking good for the rest of my week, started to head off back round the coast to Arasaig, climbing the hill at Kinlochewe and my clutch burnt out, 1.15pm called for rescue, arrived back in sheffied 6.00 am Monday 10th, did i have a good holiday? oh yes, i have met some fantastic people and seen the most beautiful beaches ever, i WILL be back,

scotsy
12-05-2009, 06:23
Now THAT sounds like an 'Adventure' and one that will live in your memory forever:eek:

Congrats on keeping the 'chin up' :)

Any pics?:rolleyes:

kalamitty
12-05-2009, 07:16
that's the spirit, even though you had everything go wrong you still enjoyed yourselves, as for the door whats it for make model etc. locker door van door or what.

kimbowbill
12-05-2009, 08:55
that's the spirit, even though you had everything go wrong you still enjoyed yourselves, as for the door whats it for make model etc. locker door van door or what.

yes its all part and parcel of camping, My MH is an Elddis Monarch 1991 and its the door thats at the side of the main door, its just like a spare room, i put the genny in and bits n bobs i would say its about 3' x 2' just thought anyone may know of a breakers yard, theres nothing near me in sheffield

regards

Jenny

Pioneer
12-05-2009, 12:38
Hi Kimbowbill,
you won't forget that trip in hurry! Glad you enjoyed it, even after all your problems. Hope the weather is more settled when we go to the OH in August.
Search(Motorhome breakers in Yorkshire) for your door, a few in your region.

Happy Camping:)

Wee-z
12-05-2009, 13:02
Well at least the weather would keep the midges at bay:D

Pleased to hear it has not put you off. Hope you get the leak and door sorted soon and get back out there.

Weez
Lynda

channa
12-05-2009, 15:44
It sounds like you had a 'baptism of fire and brimstone' on your first trip.

So glad you are still smiling though.

Channa

IJenk52
12-05-2009, 17:07
check Caravan Breakers page (http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/caravanning/breakers.htm)
for breakers near you

bodgerndog
12-05-2009, 21:47
Hey - what a totally amazing trip - and you came through it all undaunted - good on you! Some baptism of fire, eh? Great!:)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS