PDA

View Full Version : South West corner of the Principality

virgil
09-06-2006, 19:00
May be shooting down this way for a week/10 days or so at start of Aug ... Has anyone any pointers?

roifromnwales
11-06-2006, 22:26
great one in swansea that i posted
down to the marina and find the un used car park
not used it since may last year tho so it might not be available any more

virgil
13-06-2006, 05:34
Looking to stay a fair bit more to the west really, from Tenby area up to, possibly, Llangranog!

eric3sheds
21-07-2006, 18:53
If you don't mind getting off the beaten track and would like to wake up to a spectacular view, possibly surounded by wild ponies then head for Strumble Head about 5 miles from Fishguard. There is an area (grass) just before you get to the Light house car park where the local bus turns around. If you park up the Light house end of this area, it's flat and on top of the 150 foot cliffs with a panoramic view of the Irish Sea. No facilities bar WW2 observation post now used by bird watchers.

Another place now a bit spoilt for me since they turned what was a car park right on the sea front into a boat park so you now have to park out of sight of the sea is a place called Pwllchgwaelod about 5 miles east of Fishguard. If you drive from Fishguard on the road to Cardigan, you take a left in a village called Dinas Cross (4 miles from Fishguard).

If you like walking, this area is superb with both the coastal path and the Gwaun Valley.

Pwllchgwaelod has a beach, a licenced resturaunt, toilets and drinking water and is 3/4 of a mile walk from my favourite beach, Dinas Cross. I must be mad to give this information out.

Eric

virgil
21-07-2006, 19:30
Looks very promising! Thanks Eric!

WigBilly
25-08-2007, 14:23
Pwllchgwaelod has a beach, a licenced resturaunt, toilets and drinking water and is 3/4 of a mile walk from my favourite beach, Dinas Cross. I must be mad to give this information out.

Eric

...did you mean to say Cwm-yr-Eglwys is your favourite beach, seeing as Dinas Cross is half a mile inland? ;)

matthew123
24-06-2011, 22:01
May be shooting down this way for a week/10 days or so at start of Aug ... Has anyone any pointers?

Just spent a few days down west . The firsf night was spent in Solva harbour car park. There is an hourly rate during the day but the parkie always seems to finish early. spotlessly clean 24 hour public toilets in the carpark. Locals told us there are often vans there . Just leave early doors.
Second night spent in Porthgain on the harbour front. Once again clean 24 hour public toilets. There is a vllage pub called the sloop which is open for breakfast, a gallery, and an up market fish restaurant on the harbour. Not a lot else. But this is its beauty. There is a patch of land in front of the pub also where people parked, Both this and the harbour appeared to be unsupervised with no need to get up early to move on. A beautiful place to wake up to.
Both locatons were chosen after taking advice from some very helpful locals. In return we ate and drunk our fill in the local pubs. Another place worth a visit is PORTHCLAIS.Quiet but stunning with a very handy carpark. Have a good tour

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS