PDA

View Full Version : Overnight at Aberystwyth

davedale
24-01-2017, 15:27
We have stayed overnight on the seafront on a couple of occasions & would like to return soon to photograph the starlings over the pier but I recently read that overnight parking was to be stopped. Has any one any info on the present situation would be much appreciated. thank you.

MidAgeTraveller
24-01-2017, 15:36
still the same. No overnight parking. Council enforced as well. was there a few weeks ago visiting son but took car lol.

John Thompson
24-01-2017, 15:38
A Traffic Regulation Order was in place

ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT ACT 2004
CEREDIGION COUNTY COUNCIL
(PROHIBITION AND RESTRICTION OF WAITING AND LOADING AND UNLOADING)
(NEW PROMENADE AND SOUTH MARINE TERRACE, ABERYSTWYTH)
(EXPERIMENTAL) ORDER 2015

This Order shall remain in place for a period not exceeding 18 months from the date on
which it came into operation. Dated 9th April 2015

This order may have been made permanent or extended

grath
24-01-2017, 16:59
I thought that I had read something a few days ago which said the order was to be extended!
I can't remember where, but I thought it was here on Wild!

edit

Maybe this is what I read

https://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/motorhome-chat/56492-aberystwyth-experimental-motorhome-caravan-ban-extended.html?highlight=aberystwyth

harrow
24-01-2017, 18:59
We have stayed overnight on the seafront on a couple of occasions & would like to return soon to photograph the starlings over the pier but I recently read that overnight parking was to be stopped. Has any one any info on the present situation would be much appreciated. thank you.

I know the starlings in west Wales are a wonderful sight, they abit like the fighter pilots in their spitfire fighter planes during world war 2.
I hope to be healthy enough to go back and see them some time, quite emotional.

:goodluck:

grath
24-01-2017, 19:17
You used to be able to overnight in the car park, across the rd from the police station. Don't know if that is still possible, maybe somebody knows!

chipvan
25-01-2017, 10:05
Could DAVE please pm me

Rich and Sarah
19-02-2017, 18:44
we wild at Borth then travel via motorhome, train or bus to Aberystwyth

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS