PDA

View Full Version : Spain/Portugal where are you?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

moonshadow
27-01-2017, 06:44
As there are quite a few of us wandering around the Iberian Peninsula, chasing the weather☀️,just thought it would be nice to have a thread for saying where we are and any recommendations for stopovers🛏/sights to see🕍/places to eat🍤or drink🍷and maybe meet up:blah:

rockape
27-01-2017, 07:02
At La Manga at the moment until 15th Feb and then ferry from Calais on 20th

carol
27-01-2017, 07:11
I'm parked up on the sea front at Cadiz. Staying tonight then moving along the coast Jerez de Frontera I think. Yes, would be great to see people!

moonshadow
27-01-2017, 08:12
I'm parked up on the sea front at Cadiz. Staying tonight then moving along the coast Jerez de Frontera I think. Yes, would be great to see people!

There's some lovely places along there, it'll be a while till we catch up with you!

moonshadow
27-01-2017, 08:22
Forgot to mention we are heading to Peniscola tonight heard it's an attractive town with a castle, of course, it was used for a couple of well known films, but can't remember the names

iampatman
27-01-2017, 09:41
Still in Bolnuevo, back to the UK for a few days next week for a funeral and then back here until mid April.

Pat

Clunegapyears
27-01-2017, 10:45
Campsite till Tuesday. The. A few days just S of Lisbon and then heading to Porto for 21st February.

MarkJ
27-01-2017, 11:28
Forgot to mention we are heading to Peniscola tonight heard it's an attractive town with a castle, of course, it was used for a couple of well known films, but can't remember the names

Sadly not there at the moment but we were in Peniscola a few weeks back. We parked in the town but later saw others parked at the far end of the harbour by the Port buildings.

Gee
27-01-2017, 11:50
Still at the feria in Fuengirola. Never seen so many vans here. Space for about 40 in the tolerated car park. Counted 76 last night including the nearby "car" parks. Probably busier than usual as La Cala Mijas keeps getting cleared. 3 times in the last 3 weeks. The nearby campsites are saying they're full as well.

Don't know how long before we're moved on as a few Dutch vans are now camping with chairs, solar panels, mats and....... pot plants outside their vans. They've been told by quite a few people including me this camping and will get us all chucked off but they just shrug it off and say whatever.

Rain last night but suns out now and warm.

loulou
27-01-2017, 12:08

Hi Sue & Martin, El Cid epic film was made in Peniscola, check out https://db.tt/uD7o5pqY

Have fun and enjoy yourselves.

Cheers Lou & Terri :cheers::cheers::have fun::goodluck:

moonshadow
27-01-2017, 13:11
Sadly not there at the moment but we were in Peniscola a few weeks back. We parked in the town but later saw others parked at the far end of the harbour by the Port buildings.

That's where we stopped and within 5 minutes, before we had left the van the police came and moved us on. Apparently, it's on the website they said, motorhomes are not allowed in the town.

Catchedicam
27-01-2017, 15:02
We are just south of Cordoba and will be moving on tomorrow to stay at Embalsa de Cubillas for perhaps a couple of nights. Then heading for inland Murcia, towards Bullas via Caravaca de La Cruz.

Pauljenny
27-01-2017, 15:09
We're overwintering in an Algarve village,25 miles west of the Spanish border, 10 miles inland.
Loads of cheap, traditional places to eat and buy me a beer.
If you're passing, just ask.

Deleted user 48797
27-01-2017, 15:22
Javea now, Benidorm next week..
Bd..

moonshadow
27-01-2017, 16:22
We're overwintering in an Algarve village,25 miles west of the Spanish border, 10 miles inland.
Loads of cheap, traditional places to eat and buy me a beer.
If you're passing, just ask.

Give us another clue ....?

witzend
27-01-2017, 17:08
Give us another clue ....?

Is it on N2 ?

carol
27-01-2017, 18:16
He's obviously keeping it a secret. He doesn't want us lot of wanderers ending up on his doorstep! :wave:

MykCamper
27-01-2017, 18:29
Javea now, Benidorm next week..
Bd..

Got chucked off at Javia ( Xavia ) by police after one night stop, along with 10 other MH's even though we were parked within the white lines and Not showing to be obvious camping :cry:
Now at Las Marinas, at the Westside of Roquestas de Mar (N 36° 43' 14.9" W 02°38' 0.3" ) camping allowed,:banana: until March, (by the looks off all the Krauts, who have been here All winter, ) toilet dump, again just follow a cassette bearing Kraut, :lol-053:no water, but sensitivity in parking is required to not upset the local residents:rolleyes2:! There is plenty of room on the quiet, urban roadside parking!:wave:

POI Admin
27-01-2017, 19:07
At a free aire in Ibi inland from Alicante. Heading tomorrow for an aire at nearby Castalla where there is supposed to be hookup available.

I can then use my power hungry laptop to catch up on all the many outstanding POI updates. I have found lots of places to add so far on my trip, and there are plenty of others from our members on the road as well as some gleaned from fellow travellers I have met.

I stayed overnight in Peniscola on the prom. In the morning I found a note from the police advising very politely that motor homes are not permitted to park overnight. A refreshing change ...

moonshadow
27-01-2017, 19:28
He's obviously keeping it a secret. He doesn't want us lot of wanderers ending up on his doorstep! :wave:

How we supposed to buy him a beer then 😄

REC
27-01-2017, 20:25
We should be in central Portugal by now 😞 booked for 18th Jan, now delayed till at least 15th Feb due to father in law illness. With you all in spirit though!

moonshadow
27-01-2017, 20:44
That's a shame. We will be in mid portugal in March, hopefully the weather will have improved by then

REC
27-01-2017, 21:22
Where do you stay in central Portugal? We have a barn near Figueiro DOS Vinhos, and travel down in the van stay a while, then go back slowly through Spain and France, different routes each time. Good campsite at foz de alges.
Turismo - Parque de Campismo - Município de Figueiró dos Vinhos (http://cm-figueirodosvinhos.pt/c/turismo-parque-de-campismo.html)

Pauljenny
27-01-2017, 22:23
How we supposed to buy him a beer then ��

Now you're talking !

Look at the N270, heading west, from Tavira.
We're at Santa Catarina Da Fonte Do Bispo.

Don't all come at once, I'm a slow drinker.:cheers:

spigot
28-01-2017, 08:31
Leaving Cullera today, only Asterix here at present.
We're heading for Simat to take on water etc.
Then we follow our nose down the coast, looking for nooks & crannies to park up with no other vans in sight.
We find we get left alone that way.

somejest
28-01-2017, 17:12
Where do you stay in central Portugal? We have a barn near Figueiro DOS Vinhos, and travel down in the van stay a while, then go back slowly through Spain and France, different routes each time. Good campsite at foz de alges.
Turismo - Parque de Campismo - Município de Figueiró dos Vinhos (http://cm-figueirodosvinhos.pt/c/turismo-parque-de-campismo.html)

Aire at Villa vela de rodeo nice spot

moonshadow
28-01-2017, 18:10

Not really central Portugal more mid Portugal on the coast, Foz d'arelho to Figuera da Foz, some lovely places to stop beautiful beaches

witzend
28-01-2017, 19:45
Look at the N270, heading west, from Tavira.
We're at Santa Catarina

Is it near a restaurnt that welcomes motorhomes we,ve stayed there before

5andy
28-01-2017, 21:19
We are In a small aide in Carinena, just off the A23 south of Zaragoza.and the only people here. It is a nice enough town with its own bull ring. Certainly recommend it as a stopover.

Lee
29-01-2017, 13:37
We are moseying down the Costa's, been to cullera, Simat, Daimus and now parked at Xabia tonight before heading down towards Aguilas. 18* in the shade...

Pauljenny
29-01-2017, 13:46
Is it near a restaurnt that welcomes motorhomes we,ve stayed there before

That's the one., opposite the distillery.
There are better eateries than that one,nearby.
The atmosphere at your place cooled a little,when the Patron chased his wife out, with a knife.
The French and Belgians park there when the come to stock up with the local fire water.

Skar
29-01-2017, 15:18
We are In a small aide in Carinena, just off the A23 south of Zaragoza.and the only people here. It is a nice enough town with its own bull ring. Certainly recommend it as a stopover.

We stopped there on our way back last May, good parking and services (free) and a great little town with a lot of pubs and bars, had a great time there.

moonshadow
29-01-2017, 15:21
We are moseying down the Costa's, been to cullera, Simat, Daimus and now parked at Xabia tonight before heading down towards Aguilas. 18* in the shade...

You do know that motor homes are not allowed at Aguilas now?

Deleted user 48797
29-01-2017, 16:58

We were there last week on our way South, it's a gem. Now in Villasol at Blackpool.
Bd..

5andy
29-01-2017, 19:36
We were there last week on our way South, it's a gem. Now in Villasol at Blackpool.
Bd..

Ha! We
Just left Villasol!

spigot
30-01-2017, 15:40
We are now at Javea, plenty vans in the usual gathering area by the old funfair site, chairs out, awnings out etc.
Needless to say we didn't park there, they could get turfed off. We're tucked up in a quite side street.
Tonight we'll have a blowout meal at Scallops restaurant & tomorrow head south.

Deleted user 48797
30-01-2017, 19:10
We are now at Javea, plenty vans in the usual gathering area by the old funfair site, chairs out, awnings out etc.
Needless to say we didn't park there, they could get turfed off. We're tucked up in a quite side street.

Don't forget your breakfast voucher, you can leave on a full stomach.
Bd..

spigot
31-01-2017, 07:51

Bd..

We will try, still feel stuffed from last night!

spigot
31-01-2017, 10:15
Bd..

If you have 3 three course meals in 7 days, you can have the third free.
With that and the free breakfasts, one could get fat eating at Scallops.

MykCamper
31-01-2017, 13:16
Wow, what a great offer, just aint going to happen,with the police moving the MH's on every morning!��

moonshadow
02-02-2017, 12:40
Had a good visit at La Marina yesterday now at Cabo de Palos, not at the poi but a small parking area by the recycling where we are sat at the waters edge, watching the fishermen unloading their catch. Cafes are only a few minutes walk away.

Clunegapyears
02-02-2017, 18:28
See post ... Amazing ADAC

Came back here as super powerful on pitch water tap that cleaned snow chains and grip tracks and hot power showers for us. Love ADAC.

Deleted user 48797
02-02-2017, 19:09
Had a good visit at La Marina yesterday now at Cabo de Palos, not at the poi but a small parking area by the recycling where we are sat at the waters edge, watching the fishermen unloading their catch. Cafes are only a few minutes walk away.

'Know where you are, we've stopped there too, can't get any closer to the Med without falling in. We're at Blackpool till Monday then going up to Calp.
Bd..

POI Admin
02-02-2017, 19:15

I'll add this to the POIs ... thanks :D

moonshadow
03-02-2017, 07:41
'Know where you are, we've stopped there too, can't get any closer to the Med without falling in. We're at Blackpool till Monday then going up to Calp.
Bd..

We actually chickened out and moved last night the wind was getting stronger by the minute and rocking the van, didn't fancy falling over the edge in the night, we were that close 🙀💨

Pauljenny
03-02-2017, 08:40
We took the East Algarve N125 road from Tavira to Villa Real, yesterday. We don't do this often.
Never seen so many motorhomes before.
Mostly French A Classes,towing trailers.
Do they issue them to every pensioner, with a sh!tty little dog included?

Castro Marim was chocker block full, the aire at Villa Real had spaces.
Alagoa looked crowded,from a mile away

No wonder the locals are complaining and the cops moving and fining.

There's too bl00dy many of us!

POI Admin
03-02-2017, 12:13
Plenty of space at La Azohia. The police are moving on those that attempt to stop in the rambla.

moonshadow
03-02-2017, 13:48
We have just left Aguilas, signs erected prohibiting camping also at Playa Calarreona and Playa de la Higeurica. On the way out of Aguilas towards Vera, there is a fuel station, Anibal, which lets you empty cassette, grey water, and fill with water (ask for the key) when you fill with fuel otherwise they charge €2. They also have a camper area where you can stay the night for €7 he also offered to include services €2 and wifi €1 for the same price presumably as we had filled with fuel. There are hot showers, €2, elec 6 amp €3, washer €4 and dryer €3. And areas big enough to wash the motorhome, small charge.

Anyway, over the border into Almeria at Playa Las Palmeras there are a few motor homes us included parked at 37°22′29.57″N 01°38′17.58″W right on the beach! Just got moved on, some people had been there 3 days and they are going back later when the coast is clear.

jacquigem
03-02-2017, 15:02
Plenty of space at La Azohia. The police are moving on those that attempt to stop in the rambla.

Are you on the big car park next to the restaurant ?

POI Admin
03-02-2017, 20:02
Are you on the big car park next to the restaurant ?

I was till mid afternoon. I am now parked up at Garrabillo for the night ...

jennyp19
03-02-2017, 23:31

Good thing too - the snow on the mountains inland has got to go somewhere- isn't that what a ramble is for - floods draining off the mountains?

spigot
05-02-2017, 12:47
Now at Albir, in the seafront car park by the theatre.
Don't know for how much longer, it's beginning to resemble a camper park more than a car park.
13 vans here last night, saw a miserable looking woman expat counting them this morning,

spigot
05-02-2017, 12:52
Albir

spigot
05-02-2017, 12:53
Albir

rugbyken
05-02-2017, 13:24
I'm on the aire at huercal-overa came inland to escape the 40 mph winds down here for last three days brilliant sunshine means sweltering in van but being buffetted about ,hairy driving on m/way this morning and tree came down just as we entered town right across main road,still wind scheduled to die of this evening and Market tomorrow morning and this is a free casssette dump just 1mile of motorway,

moonshadow
05-02-2017, 15:20
Wind has been pretty rough here at the coast, Vera, so we stayed put. It's calmed down now. Moving on tomorrow to Roquetas de Mar, port

jake
05-02-2017, 18:32
to cold for us so came home "its warmer here !

maja07
05-02-2017, 18:45
Campsite till Tuesday. The. A few days just S of Lisbon and then heading to Porto for 21st February.

Hi, we will be headed for Porto exact same time as meeting friends flying over for weekend 24th....
Apparently two sites on beach but cheaper "municipal" site across road? Maja

maja07
05-02-2017, 20:57
We will be at Figuera de foz 16/17th....maja

POI Admin
05-02-2017, 22:52
Had a very pleasant evening, and the odd glass, with Moonshadow ... thank you :D

Off to Mojacar tomorrow. Thankfully the very gusty winds have died down.

rugbyken
06-02-2017, 13:54
your heading in the right direction chris your dogs will love La Isletta, we parked on the lower level and i went miles up the hills with molly she loved it,

carol
06-02-2017, 14:25
I'm on a great Aire called Mikki's place just past Faro, near Perra. Weather fantastic for a change! Can anyone recommend any inland Portugal not to miss and not too far north?

moonshadow
06-02-2017, 16:39
We will be at Figuera de foz 16/17th....maja

We like it there but will be there a couple of weeks after you

moonshadow
06-02-2017, 16:41
There's nothing 'odd' about our glasses, they hold wine don't they?

n brown
06-02-2017, 17:29
Hi Carol-if you fancy a laugh, pop along to the chapel of bones in Evora - well worth a visit ! there's a smaller one in Faro too. if you go to Monchique, pop int thr fire station [bombieros] and ask to see their Cadillac fire engine.there's a nice road from Monchique to Aljezur, very nice quiet run,and the beach there, and Monte Clerigo are beautiful.there's an uphill road leading off the top left corner of Monte Clerigo car park that leads to a beautiful coast track that's well worth a drive along,then down the road to Sagres, calling at Carrapateira Praia, grass to park on next to a warm waist deep lagoon surrounding sand dunes - ooh wish we were there !

somejest
06-02-2017, 18:13
I'm on a great Aire called Mikki's place just past Faro, near Perra. Weather fantastic for a change! Can anyone recommend any inland Portugal not to miss and not too far north?

How far inland and in what direction ? Monchique has a couple of free spaces up at the observatory,great place on a clear day but not much up there just views. Also there is an Aire (commercial) in the village which I haven't stayed at but have heard good reviews,both are in the all the aires books. Further inland there are several Barragems The one at Nisa is great place and the town is nice also I believe there is an Aire at the walled town of Marvao next to a convent we went up there from the Barragem so didn't check out the stopover is quite high up so can be a bit chilly this time of year,still worth a look though. As I said in an earlier post the Aire at Rodeo is a nice spot as well. Barragem do divor is one of our favorites but no services only a water tap on the way in.

maja07
06-02-2017, 18:19
Hi, the above sounds great....if you like quaint little fishing villages then Alvor is lovely. There's an Aires right on the front with basic services and shower for a euro nearby. Next to that is €4-50 parking or €7-50 with ehu, all can be muddy in rain but weather better now ! Camping Alvor up the road very busy. All this might be on Admins poi's...maja

maja07
06-02-2017, 19:22
The lagoons look a bit slimy, bars? Been to 90cents a pint one and "Albar" for locals. All others quiet at this time of year! The decked walkways over nature reserves are great though. Maja

grath
06-02-2017, 20:24
Hi, the above sounds great....if you like quaint little fishing villages then Alvor is lovely. There's an Aires right on the front with basic services and shower for a euro nearby. Next to that is €4-50 parking or €7-50 with ehu, all can be muddy in rain but weather better now ! Camping Alvor up the road very busy. All this might be on Admins poi's...maja

The aire at Alvor is only €4.50 during the off season, I think for 5 months, the rest of the time it is around €7.50.
Last summer we called in at the campsite as it is an ACSI and they wanted an extra €2 for our scooter, so we did not stay there!

Pauljenny
06-02-2017, 21:23

Silves is an interesting town and not too far north of you. Lots of history, good grub and the chance of a boat ride down the River Arade to Portimao.. Service bus back through the villages.
North to the dams at Arade and Funchao... Often used by a group of solo wildcampers.

Take it all your electrics are working well?

Clunegapyears
07-02-2017, 07:36
Alcotim, mertola, Luz, monsaraz, mine at Lousal - all spots we've liked.

Pauljenny
07-02-2017, 07:54
Palace and cathedral at MAFRA, north of Lisbon.
Google it.
The Convento at TOMAR.
Google that, too.
Look at them,then wonder where the money came from,then ask where the money went.

moonshadow
07-02-2017, 08:02
Fatima, south of Leiria, is the Portugese Lourdes. We were quite stunned by it - the silence. And, Sintra if you are in to palaces and castles and Ginja in chocolate cups. Talking about chocolate Obidos has a chocolate festival March/April it is a pretty, but touristy, walled town (village) there is motorhome parking too! All of thes are just north of Lisbon.

witzend
07-02-2017, 09:11
If you visit Cape Saint Vincent as far S W as you can go theres the light house and the Fort at Sagress with plenty of free parking to visit and don,t forget Faro Beach out by the airport free there to

Stanski
08-02-2017, 15:03
Been slowly progressing along the coast from Fuengirola, stayed longer at Tarifa than planned (food poisoning), but now weather improving with daily sun albeit a chill in the wind.
Cadiz is nice, we are in a bar Opp the Cathedral.

Off to Rona, to find a nice stop tonight.

Still intend to go to Cullera, on way back, but weather may entice us into Portugal.

valmog
08-02-2017, 18:38
:heart:
Hi Sue & Martin, El Cid epic film was made in Peniscola, check out https://db.tt/uD7o5pqY

Have fun and enjoy yourselves.

Cheers Lou & Terri :cheers::cheers::have fun::goodluck:

POI Admin
08-02-2017, 20:10
Spent last night at La Isleta ... nice spot.

Found VWAlan already there and we enjoyed a beer together :D

POI Admin
08-02-2017, 20:13
Tonight I am at Aguadulce where I have found an excellent car park right by the prom and the beach. And there's a tap ...

This will be in the next POI release, along with many new places I have identified.

carol
09-02-2017, 07:55
Silves is an interesting town and not too far north of you. Lots of history, good grub and the chance of a boat ride down the River Arade to Portimao.. Service bus back through the villages.
North to the dams at Arade and Funchao... Often used by a group of solo wildcampers.

Take it all your electrics are working well?

Seems so, Paul. I keep testing my wipers as I'm driving, just in case! Think I'm going to be needing them tomorrow by the sounds of things! Weather forecast sounds bad. Thanks for the tips. I wild camped somewhere in Tomar years ago but no idea where.

moonshadow
09-02-2017, 08:43
On Gibralter having overnighted here, was advised by a nice man in blue at the border crossing that it would be safer. Currently at the top of the rock, amazing views, glad to have got here in sunshine and before the rain comes tomorrow

Pauljenny
09-02-2017, 09:11
If you get chance, ( don't go out of your way, please), can you call into a pharmacy,as you cruise through the shopping streets.
We need to know if we will be able to pick up, over the counter, these tablets.
They are known by various names.

BOLAMYN SR 500Mg

DIAGEMET XL 500 Mg

GLUCIENT SR. 500Mg

GLUCOPHAGE SR 500Mg.

Or similar..

Just a simple yes or no answer is all we require.
Enjoy your visit.. You can always go into the caverns,if it rains.

moonshadow
09-02-2017, 10:46
On Gibralter having overnighted here, was advised by a nice man in blue at the border crossing that it would be safer. Currently at the top of the rock, amazing views, glad to have got here in sunshine and before the rain comes tomorrow

spigot
09-02-2017, 12:49
We're now at El Campello, dozens of vans parked up by the river, but we are tucked up in a quiet side street.
We have stayed by the river in the past but noticed a lot of flies, also mossies popping in for a bite,

carol
09-02-2017, 13:55
I wish I had some inkling of where the stops that are mentioned are. Unfortunately my Spain/Portugal map is so big it's unusable! Need a road map book instead but none in the garages 😕

Lee
09-02-2017, 14:02
We have moved south past Agua Amanda, San jose, la marina, Guadix, Granada, luxury poi nr estoponia, and now torreguardia overlooking the beach for the week.....

carol
09-02-2017, 14:41
I wish I had some inkling of where the stops that are mentioned are. Unfortunately my Spain/Portugal map is so big it's unusable! Need a road map book instead but none in the garages 😕

iampatman
09-02-2017, 14:56

Hi Carol,

Can you not find some WiFi somewhere and search for the locations on Google Maps, Maps.me or whatever. Can you put the locations into your SatNav?

Pat

carol
09-02-2017, 15:45
Hi Carol,

Can you not find some WiFi somewhere and search for the locations on Google Maps, Maps.me or whatever. Can you put the locations into your SatNav?

Pat

Hi Pat, yes I could google earth them. Never thought. Duh 🙄

witzend
09-02-2017, 18:33
Lidil free wifi in stores now

carol
09-02-2017, 20:41
Lidil free wifi in stores now

Was in a Lidl a few days ago and saw the first cafe. Amazingly cheap and if it had free wifi too, didn't notice but even better!

moonshadow
10-02-2017, 06:29
Was in a Lidl a few days ago and saw the first cafe. Amazingly cheap and if it had free wifi too, didn't notice but even better!

Not seen one of those yet or free wifi, where were you 😄?

carol
10-02-2017, 07:09
Not seen one of those yet or free wifi, where were you ��?

Erm....erm....might have been Tavira but not sure as it was an impromptu stop en route. You know the feeling, see a Lidl sign and pop in for anything!

jennyp19
10-02-2017, 08:47
Erm....erm....might have been Tarifa but not sure as it was an impromptu stop en route. You know the feeling, see a Lidl sign and pop in for anything!

Is t it amazing the amount of stuff they have that you didn't know you needed

:have fun:

witzend
10-02-2017, 09:06
Is t it amazing the amount of stuff they have that you didn't know you needed

:have fun:

The Chinese Shops got them beat hands down for that

carol
10-02-2017, 10:14
The Chinese Shops got them beat hands down for that

I know, it's a challenge to not come out with something you didn't know you needed! 😄

rebbyvid
10-02-2017, 10:39
I know, it's a challenge to not come out with something you didn't know you needed! 😄

I love them they should open some in my area :lol-053: Best i have seen was in Alte a little traditional Portugese village north of Guia ,It was a small shop front but nearly as big as a hypermarket inside and everything you would need or not need as is usually the case.:scared:

witzend
11-02-2017, 10:55
Heck where are you hiding today what a day it is first view of blue sky 15.00

n brown
11-02-2017, 11:02
Chinese shops, selling exploding lighters and electric cable you can strip with your thumbnail !
have you had a pastel de nata yet ?

moonshadow
11-02-2017, 11:07
Have seen them in Mercadona but waiting for Portugal!

carol
11-02-2017, 20:28
Chinese shops, selling exploding lighters and electric cable you can strip with your thumbnail !
have you had a pastel de nata yet ?

Is that the little custard tart? Yes, had a few, only 35 cents and yummy. Or is Yuit something else? I'm at Silves. Weather has been so bad it's unbelievable! Should've gone to Spain!

Pauljenny
11-02-2017, 20:52
Is that the little custard tart? Yes, had a few, only 35 cents and yummy. Or is Yuit something else? I'm at Silves. Weather has been so bad it's unbelievable! Should've gone to Spain!

Trouble is, Carol,
This weather is coming from Spain..
And very welcome it is for the farmers.
Those unlucky folk arriving at Faro Airport for a long golfing weekend, won't be too happy though.
They, and the rain ,should be gone by Tuesday.

We're going nowhere, the van bogged down,cos we parked up in too much of a hurry.
Another adventure.
!

Stanski
12-02-2017, 07:32
In the Euro12, campsite, escorted by port security, they allowed me in to the port, but did not want me to park on the Waters' edge. Strange guarding I thought, when I entered the site.

Funny thing though 2 days ago could not find the aire at Rota, asked the local police, they gave me also an escorted journey to the site.

Had a good Saturday, watching the rugby in ONeils, SEVILLE, as both Ireland and England won we both were happy.
Looking forward to Tuesday - the sun returns everyone tells me.

gsm1956
12-02-2017, 07:43
If you have been to Mikkis you have probably been many times, if you have never been you are missing out. Most people stay longer than expected and some people have taken root here.

moonshadow
12-02-2017, 07:50
Funny thing though 2 days ago could not find the aire at Rota, asked the local police, they gave me also an escorted journey to the site.

We were at Rota Friday night, absolutely jam packed! Currently at El Puerto de Santa Maria, thought we were going to be blown to Cadiz in the night, it's lashing down with rain now. Let's hope the forecast is right about Tuesday! Were planning to go to El Rocio but with this much rain suspect it will be a sand bath, it certainly was last year when we visited, so going to head on to Portugal in a few days. Pastel de Nata yay!

Pauljenny
12-02-2017, 09:07
Spectacular storm last night , but the wind has changed to southerly, changing the forecast to an improvement from tomorrow.

As we can have winds from all 4 quadrants in a day, it's difficult to forecast.

I use a Russian weather channel .... GIS Meteo. They are pretty good. We must have a Russian spy in the village .

spigot
12-02-2017, 09:33
I wish I had some inkling of where the stops that are mentioned are. Unfortunately my Spain/Portugal map is so big it's unusable! Need a road map book instead but none in the garages 

Carol,
Get a Marco Polo road atlas Spain & Portugal, I've seen them in bookshops & stationers, use them myself, don't bother with satnag anymore.

n brown
12-02-2017, 09:43

carol
12-02-2017, 10:41
If you have been to Mikkis you have probably been many times, if you have never been you are missing out. Most people stay longer than expected and some people have taken root here.

Yes, just moved on from there a couple of days ago. At Alte now and I've actually seen the sun and less rain than Silves apparently.

spigot
12-02-2017, 12:04
We are now sitting in the sunshine enjoying a beer in the marina at El Campello & it's extremely hot.
We don't bother with Portugal, reckon it cops the crap weather coming in off the Atlantic.
Also we like to swim & the Med is much calmer.

alanojones
12-02-2017, 12:57
At la azhola. Showers during the night, but now sunny and warm. Lovely site.

carol
12-02-2017, 13:49
We are now sitting in the sunshine enjoying a beer in the marina at El Campello & it's extremely hot.
We don't bother with Portugal, reckon it cops the crap weather coming in off the Atlantic.

Good for you, M&M it's chucking it down again. However, I do think Portugal is beautiful 😊

specky4eyes
12-02-2017, 14:24
"Yes, just moved on from there a couple of days ago. At Alte now and I've actually seen the sun and less rain than Silves apparently."

I understood that the police moved people off the aire/aires at Alte. Is this the case?

specky4eyes
12-02-2017, 14:25
Good for you, M&M it's chucking it down again. However, I do think Portugal is beautiful 😊

I understood that the police moved people off the aire/aires at Alte. Is this the case?

specky4eyes
12-02-2017, 14:27
Yes, just moved on from there a couple of days ago. At Alte now and I've actually seen the sun and less rain than Silves apparently.

carol
12-02-2017, 14:34

Don't know about that. It's a bit in the middle of nowhere. Ther are vans on the parking areas near the roundabout before you get to the village, where the official Aire is, I believe.

n brown
12-02-2017, 14:57
things to do in Alte-
take a lie-down selfie on the concrete bed by the bogs
visit the waterfall behind the boneyard

that's it

moonshadow
12-02-2017, 15:55

We love Portugal, we're not just there for the beer (weather) it's got some amazing places to visit and the people are lovely, language bit of a challenge though but we get by for the essentials!

moonshadow
12-02-2017, 15:59
Don't know about that. It's a bit in the middle of nowhere. Ther are vans on the parking areas near the roundabout before you get to the village, where the official Aire is, I believe.

There'll be a few more encamped up by the cemetery, neighbours are quiet though! Had a lovely visit there last year, definitely walk to the waterfall. Good restaurants too especially the one with the traditionally dressed man and lady mannequins outside.

Pauljenny
12-02-2017, 16:15
things to do in Alte-
take a lie-down selfie on the concrete bed by the bogs
visit the waterfall behind the boneyard

that's it

Pretty little tourist attraction,nice for the golfing wives to visit while the boys do the serious stuff on the greens.

We wildcamped up in the lay-by opposite those bogs, for a week in 2000 . Cops were great, the chap in the kiosk was helpful and made us welcome . Most other vans were clustered round the old washouse

We went back the next year, in a downpour. The cops stopped us going up to the Fonte Grande.
We decided to run down to the coast,for shelter.
Crossing the bridge, the river was boiling over the waterfall,running blood red.
About an hour after we left, the cliff face washed away.
We would have been marooned if the cops hadn't warned us off. They repaired the cliffs by rendering them in concrete and eventually covered that with a huge painted Portuguese flag.

Is it still there?

maja07
12-02-2017, 16:56
There'll be a few more encamped up by the cemetery, neighbours are quiet though! Had a lovely visit there last year, definitely walk to the waterfall. Good restaurants too especially the one with the traditionally dressed man and lady mannequins outside.

Hi, we at Nazare on west coast of Portugal and have enjoyed the locals (men and women) in traditional dress. The funicular not working today so had to catch bus up to old town with wonderful church. On other topics...we too enjoy the China shops !! We use lidl a lot too. Problem in Portugal can't find nuke chicken or ribs like in Spain LOL !! Maja

maja07
12-02-2017, 18:35
So...where you now moonshadow? Maja

Pauljenny
12-02-2017, 19:10
Hi, we at Nazare on west coast of Portugal and have enjoyed the locals (men and women) in traditional dress. The funicular not working today so had to catch bus up to old town with wonderful church. On other topics...we too enjoy the China shops !! We use lidl a lot too. Problem in Portugal can't find nuke chicken or ribs like in Spain LOL !! Maja

Try the Porco Preto... Black pigmeat... they feed them on acorns from the cork trees . Chops, thin steaks ,,, lovely.

Try the flat thin Turkey Steaks... bifes de Peru.

They do cracking fresh sausages. The pink ones are superb .. the dark brown ones are more spicy.
Try to find a proper butcher.... Talho .

n brown
12-02-2017, 19:33
Leitao makes a tasty breakfast snack, you can get one in the freezer section of Intermarche in Messines

moonshadow
12-02-2017, 20:08
So...where you now moonshadow? Maja

Rota, but heading to Portugal tomorrow. Nazare one of our favourite stops, may pop in on our way up to Sao Pedro de Moel, to see my daughter. Where are you headed next?

maja07
12-02-2017, 20:25
Hi moonshadow, we have a week or so to spare between here (nazare) and Porto. Was thinking of Figueiro de foz on way but what was that place you suggested ? Maja

maja07
12-02-2017, 20:35
....ah, seen San Pedro....is it a good place to visit? Maja

rockape
13-02-2017, 05:16
Leaving La Manga today, slightly raining, heading to Caravaca de la Cruz. Don't know where I will be tonight.

spigot
13-02-2017, 06:23
Weather's gone belly-up here in Campello today, cloudy, drizzly, grey, dull & murky.
Just like the UK, but without the cold bit.

moonshadow
13-02-2017, 06:49
....ah, seen San Pedro....is it a good place to visit? Maja

Hi Maja, that is where my daughter lives. It is very quiet this time of year mostly second homes, but the beaches are beautiful as are the pine forests behind no problems parking! Figuera da Foz is very nice right on the beach and we are also planning on visiting Aveiro, which is also before you get to Porto, there was an article in one of the weekend papers about it a while back.

spigot
13-02-2017, 09:20
Weather's gone belly-up here in Campello today, cloudy, drizzly, grey, dull & murky.
Just like the UK, but without the cold bit.

Yippee!,
Sun's come out, clouds have gone.
Looks like another hot one, 21deg forecast for today(Alicante).

witzend
13-02-2017, 10:51
Suns out again nr Faro 15° now. Been getting strong open wifi signal notifications on phone for some time works fo a few mins then stops just worked out its coming from the local bus while it waits at the stop

rebbyvid
13-02-2017, 10:53
this one

rebbyvid
13-02-2017, 10:55
Pretty little tourist attraction,nice for the golfing wives to visit while the boys do the serious stuff on the greens.

We wildcamped up in the lay-by opposite those bogs, for a week in 2000 . Cops were great, the chap in the kiosk was helpful and made us welcome . Most other vans were clustered round the old washouse

We went back the next year, in a downpour. The cops stopped us going up to the Fonte Grande.
We decided to run down to the coast,for shelter.
Crossing the bridge, the river was boiling over the waterfall,running blood red.
About an hour after we left, the cliff face washed away.
We would have been marooned if the cops hadn't warned us off. They repaired the cliffs by rendering them in concrete and eventually covered that with a huge painted Portuguese flag.

Is it still there?
Yes its still there

moonshadow
13-02-2017, 11:14
this one

That's the one!

Pauljenny
13-02-2017, 13:10
Yes its still there

Looks like it could do with a touch up...

Mind you, don't we all?

Pauljenny
13-02-2017, 13:13
Coffee outdoors,followed by lunch on the terrace.
Time to bring the laundry in, rainclouds arriving from the SW.

witzend
13-02-2017, 15:12
Any news on Sagress Fort I,ve just been told all vans where moved recently and from several other locations south from Sines to the Cape

carol
13-02-2017, 15:23
That's the one!

Walked past there this morning. It's a gorgeous village. Bet it's heaving in summer though.

grath
13-02-2017, 15:25
Any news on Sagress Fort I,ve just been told all vans where moved recently and from several other locations south from Sines to the Cape

The same happened during the summer and many were fined. The plods blocked off the in and out to the car park, and any vehicle with even a step out was fined!

witzend
13-02-2017, 16:50
any vehicle with even a step out was fined!

Yes they don,t need much of a excuse I wasn,t fined at Carpenteria last year but when I argued camping or parking he said how can you not be camping in this vehicle thats what its made for

n brown
13-02-2017, 17:21
Leaving La Manga today, slightly raining, heading to Caravaca de la Cruz. Don't know where I will be tonight.
Wetherspoons looks lively ! Shocking 100-man Wetherspoons brawl in Trowbridge caught on camera - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiwT6JjZC4c)

POI Admin
13-02-2017, 20:39
I'm at Fuengirola tonight. Passing through Torremolinos earlier there were large numbers of 'vans parked up despite very large and unambiguous signs on the entry road stating that motorhomes are not welcome overnight.

Are these people in need of a trip to a well-known high street optician, or are they just dumb?

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies!

somejest
14-02-2017, 08:15
To be fair and I'm not making them right most wild campers have parked next to one of those signs it seems sometimes it's acceptable and others not. If you don't mind the possibility of a bang on the door in the middle of the night and being told you've got to move on (and maybe pay a fine) then some will take the chance.

spigot
14-02-2017, 17:48
Consum Supermercados are offering San Miguel beer for 50 centimos per 500ml tin down from 79 cents.
That's €1 per litre, in my estimation that works out at around 50 pence per pint!
No wonder I've got a sore head.

Pauljenny
14-02-2017, 20:25
Consum Supermercados are offering San Miguel beer for 50 centimos per 500ml tin down from 79 cents.
That's €1 per litre, in my estimation that works out at around 50 pence per pint!

No wonder the place is heaving with cheapskate motorhomers.
They put out bait and then wonder why they're overrun.
Enjoy your Paradise.
We get a cracking Portuguese larger from Lidl for 89c a litre.
But, Shhh! Keep it under your hat.

carol
14-02-2017, 20:39
No wonder the place is heaving with cheapskate motorhomers.
They put out bait and then wonder why they're overrun.
Enjoy your Paradise.
We get a cracking Portuguese larger from Lidl for 89c a litre.
But, Shhh! Keep it under your hat.

Cmon, name it then Paul! Then we can buy it and put the price up for all you smug, sorry mean lucky buggers who live here! 😄

moonshadow
14-02-2017, 21:19

We've seen litre bottles of San Miguel Carrefour & Mercadona for €1 each.

Pauljenny
14-02-2017, 21:48
Cmon, name it then Paul! Then we can buy it and put the price up for all you smug, sorry mean lucky buggers who live here! ��

Smug ? Me?
Oh yes, that's OK ��.
It's called Argus, comes in 1litre bottles and smaller cans.
They do a black beer.. Cerveja Preta, too.
Mixed half and they make a beer that's very like Hobgoblin.
Which explains my physique.

mygrassisblue
15-02-2017, 22:12
We are going to be on the ferry to Santander on Tuesday and I am looking for info on hook up connections available in Spain & Portugal for sites and aires if we need them.
Are they the same now as the UK blue plug or do some still have the 2 pin type?
Many thanks in advance to all you experienced Snowbirds..
Don & Linda

POI Admin
15-02-2017, 22:23
European two-pin in my experience ...

If you have a refillable LPG system be aware that Spain uses what is called an Euro connector. Spain, however, is the only country that uses it.

maja07
16-02-2017, 07:07
We are going to be on the ferry to Santander on Tuesday and I am looking for info on hook up connections available in Spain & Portugal for sites and aires if we need them.
Are they the same now as the UK blue plug or do some still have the 2 pin type?
Many thanks in advance to all you experienced Snowbirds..
Don & Linda

Hi, you will definitely need an adapter as most Aires and 7 out of 10 sites still use 2 pin from what we have seen all this winter (Spain and now Portugal) Adapters only a tenner or so. Oh, an extension lead and 3 to 2 pin adapter is handy for running a second cable for cooking outside. The frenchie's have leccy everything to take advantage of either free electric or campsite electric already paid for. You may already know all this ... Maja

maja07
16-02-2017, 07:11
Oh, if limited to one power outlet (some sites plug you in then lock the access door) we just dangle extension out of window!! Maja

mygrassisblue
16-02-2017, 08:00
Thanks for the quick info.
I will pop into the shop for an adapter today.
Don't think I will have room for any outdoor leccy cooking gear though but I will make up a lead in case.

I have Euro & dish adapters for LPG tank so should be ok with that.
Just need to plan a couple of stops from ferry to Portugal now.
Don & Linda

spigot
16-02-2017, 09:51
We've seen litre bottles of San Miguel Carrefour & Mercadona for €1 each.

I realize that, but 500ml tins stack neatly in the bottom of my fridge.

Leaving room in the door for bottles of tonic & vino blanco.

I must sound like a pi$$-artist!

witzend
16-02-2017, 11:00
As there are quite a few of us wandering around the Iberian Peninsula, chasing the weather☀️,just thought it would be nice to have a thread for saying where we are :

Untangling our lecky leads and sorting gas connectors

somejest
16-02-2017, 11:11
Don't think I will have room for any outdoor leccy cooking gear though but I will make up a lead in case.

Don & Linda

What time do you arrive Santander ? made friend request as we on our way down from Dieppe on Saturday will get to Santander around Tue/Wed might bump into each other. We stay at site with the elephants near Santander for at least 1 night.Then on to Salamanca area for a night.

POI Admin
16-02-2017, 12:09

Don & Linda

This is the type of LPG adapter needed:

Autogas LPG Euro Nozzle Connector Filler Adapter no one way valve (http://www.autogasshop.co.uk/autogaslpg-euro-nozzle-connector-filler-adapter-x28no-one-way-valvex29-804-p.asp)

maja07
16-02-2017, 12:51
Hi all, Don....we are going the other way round so up through west/north Spain when we leave Porto on 27th. However, depending on your route others may advise...but we have been told that roads/sites north of Porto have been badly affected by the rains lately...all may improve by the time you set off. If you head diagonally down we can recommend Burgos cathedral as arguably the best in the world. We did it last year when heading to Bilbao. We will be doing Salamanca for the first time on our way north. Have heard good reports...any more gladly received.

On the take away beer front, yes, can be cheap as mentioned previously but you struggle to find a weak beer which is swillable LOL !! Solution, we buy the Argus as previously mentioned but also the blue tins of alcohol-free (also from Lidl) and mix em !! Brings it to a nice 2.5 to 3% drink...I can hear some of you howling in derision.....but works for us. Spigot, does that make me more of a P... A....... than you LOL !!

Maja

MykCamper
16-02-2017, 14:18
I realize that, but 500ml tins stack neatly in the bottom of my fridge.

Leaving room in the door for bottles of tonic & vino blanco.

I must sound like a pi$$-artist!

:idea: If the hat fits! Wear it, Mike!!!😇
Long established line of P1sh heds! Walk tall, you are keeping a lot of people employed!!:bow::wave::cheers:

MykCamper
16-02-2017, 14:28
Lidl also have Perlenbacher in a Black 500 ml can Abv 7.9 :idea: mix two of them to get full appreciation!:scared::lol-053::cheers:

spigot
16-02-2017, 15:38
That sounds like brain-damage, Mike

mygrassisblue
16-02-2017, 21:56
What time do you arrive Santander ? made friend request as we on our way down from Dieppe on Saturday will get to Santander around Tue/Wed might bump into each other. We stay at site with the elephants near Santander for at least 1 night.Then on to Salamanca area for a night.

We get in at about 12.30.
Have not planned that far ahead yet but may drive for an hour or 2 after ferry before stopping for the night.
I will have a look at the site with the elephants, that would keep my dogs amused for hours.
Not sure how the friends thing works but we will be in an R reg Hymer Merc S510 with 2 Border terriers and a confused looking driver.

mygrassisblue
16-02-2017, 22:01
Hi all, Don....we are going the other way round so up through west/north Spain when we leave Porto on 27th. However, depending on your route others may advise...but we have been told that roads/sites north of Porto have been badly affected by the rains lately...all may improve by the time you set off. If you head diagonally down we can recommend Burgos cathedral as arguably the best in the world. We did it last year when heading to Bilbao. We will be doing Salamanca for the first time on our way north. Have heard good reports...any more gladly received.

On the take away beer front, yes, can be cheap as mentioned previously but you struggle to find a weak beer which is swillable LOL !! Solution, we buy the Argus as previously mentioned but also the blue tins of alcohol-free (also from Lidl) and mix em !! Brings it to a nice 2.5 to 3% drink...I can hear some of you howling in derision.....but works for us. Spigot, does that make me more of a P... A....... than you LOL !!

Maja

Thanks for the heads up on the road conditions.
We will probably be heading diagonally and come in from the east side of Portugal.
I will probably stick with Sagres beer as only need a chaser - I have at least 4 bottles of single malt in the van - in case it is cold of course..

n brown
16-02-2017, 22:16
i like to drink, but found the beer too strong,especially super bock, so i used to mix Sagres 50/50 with water in pint glasses. but now they sell Imperial,which is about 4%,so that's my tipple

Looser cruiser
16-02-2017, 22:24
i like to drink, but found the beer too strong,especially super bock, so i used to mix Sagres 50/50 with water in pint glasses. but now they sell Imperial,which is about 4%,so that's my tipple

Think the best beer I've ever had was in Portugal on draft it was Tagus or tagoos never seen it in cans or bottles here would love to try again just to see if it was as good as I remember it was like drinking cream soda for the first time when you're a kid

maja07
17-02-2017, 07:00

Hi, with this "Imperial" are you talking about a takeaway beer from a shop, if so which one...and in Spain or Portugal or both ? All draugh beers in bars/cafes are fine as around 4% it's buying beer to drink in/around van that I was on about. ( Carrefour's in Spain do a 4.2% in a tin...none in Portugal hence my method above) Maja

n brown
17-02-2017, 07:31
bought in shops in Portugal, don't know about Spain it's 4,5 % bit more than i thought but still ok to drink all evening 50891

carol
17-02-2017, 07:51
I'm currently parked up in Lagos after reluctantly leaving Alvor. The guide book says it's a lovely walled town. Went out yesterday to look round and no sign of loveliness apart from the Marina! Anyone been here?

n brown
17-02-2017, 08:10
there's the gold church up the west end opp the copshop,has a little museum attached. then there's a statue in the main square which is only interesting if someone's put a fag in its mouth, which the bored youth of the town often does. there's 3 million bars and restaurants selling fish , and 2 million tatty pottery/gift shops. the beach, Praia Meia is just dull. ''lovely'' isn't a word that comes to mind.[ i gather the club scene isn't too bad]
i would rather walk round Portimao,eat at Ferragudo, and spend a night in the carpark at Armacao de Pera, then get up and take a selfie in the boat on the roundabout

Clunegapyears
17-02-2017, 08:15
there's the gold church up the west end opp the copshop,has a little museum attached. then there's a statue in the main square which is only interesting if someone's put a fag in its mouth, which the bored youth of the town often does. there's 3 million bars and restaurants selling fish , and 2 million tatty pottery/gift shops. the beach, Praia Meia is just dull. ''lovely'' isn't a word that comes to mind.[ i gather the club scene isn't too bad]
i would rather walk round Portimao,eat at Ferragudo, and spend a night in the carpark at Armacao de Pera, then get up and take a selfie in the boat on the roundabout

On the plus, it is big enough to have specialist shops like wool and computer repairs. A decent ice cream shop. On the marina side, not the new restaurant development, but at one end of the fishing huts, is a really good fish restaurant. A local told me about it.
Much prettier villages along the coast.

Clunegapyears
17-02-2017, 08:23
[QUOTE=maja07;792630]Hi all, Don....we are going the other way round so up through west/north Spain when we leave Porto on 27th. However, depending on your route others may advise...but we have been told that roads/sites north of Porto have been badly affected by the rains lately...all may improve by the time you set off. If you head diagonally down we can recommend Burgos cathedral as arguably the best in the world. We did it last year when heading to Bilbao. We will be doing Salamanca for the first time on our way north. Have heard good reports...any more gladly received.

Maja[/]

Heading to Porto in next few days. Need a campsite for a night to do some serious cleaning - us and motorhome, as collecting a friend from the airport on 21st. Will then do some wilding in and around Porto. Can you suggest a site and are you using the wild POIs for the town? Cheers

wints
17-02-2017, 09:10
In a restaurant in Cullera...wondering where the wildcampers have gone??

Allen

Stanski
17-02-2017, 13:10
Actually outside the tourist office, in Mazatlan, lovely 20 reg, sun and blue sky.
Agencies have work for me though, should I stay or should I go?
Staying at mo.
Marazone (blxxdy text editor)

Byronic
17-02-2017, 16:18
Lagos. I used to spend a couple or 3 winter weeks there most years, and some time ago, I think the slave market was still functioning:o Anyway enough time to get to know and really like the place. In truth though it was as much to do with the reprobates (characters) that frequented and lived in Camping Trinidad (town site) in those days.

carol
17-02-2017, 16:46
There did seem more young hippies sitting around playing guitars, and people with obvious mental health issues than I've seen in one place for a while!

somejest
17-02-2017, 16:57
We get in at about 12.30.
Have not planned that far ahead yet but may drive for an hour or 2 after ferry before stopping for the night.
I will have a look at the site with the elephants, that would keep my dogs amused for hours.
Not sure how the friends thing works but we will be in an R reg Hymer Merc S510 with 2 Border terriers and a confused looking driver.

We are travelling with 4 borders !!! Have you got the aires book for Spain and Portugal ?

carol
17-02-2017, 20:40
The young hippy you referred too, is quite a nice bloke.
He collects stones, then proceeds to polish them and makes them into pendants.
He showed me the process he uses.
Sells them from a stall in front of his motorhome.
This allows him to travel.
Always have time for folk who are happy to work for what they want.
In holland he's a lorry driver, so no room to be creative.
Every morning he and the other camper jam and sing along.
As for people with mental health issues on the site yes there was a few!
Those who would not pay the three euros to stay ( proceeds to the local sports clue whose land we are staying on)
Also the folk who every evening who got there water from the loo wash out point thus costing the club extra in water meter charges , and saved these selfish barstwarts 2 euros.

Hi Jays, you've misunderstood. I was talking about the people in the town, not the Aire. Have talked to the guy who polishes the stones. Nice lad. When I used the term "mental health issues" I wasn't being facetious but merely commenting on the obvious, sadly.

Byronic
17-02-2017, 21:02
The most colourful campsite in my experience was Camping Bahia in Algeciras. Last stop before the Morocco bound ferries Juan Carlos Guitterez he the Maroc ticketer of choice sold most of his tickets on Bahia. Dope dealers, rooms to rent by the hour, The trans Africa outfits Top Deck travel, Dragoman, Gullivers all used to call in as would African wildlife and travel film crews. Great times and not a few frightening ones. And then 15 years ago a distant relative of mine who along with her husbands' 6 lawyer brothers sold the site to a developer. Now just flats and houses.
Such a shame he said selfishly!

mygrassisblue
17-02-2017, 22:24
We are travelling with 4 borders !!! Have you got the aires book for Spain and Portugal ?

4 Borders must be fun - 2 are a handful when they get a scent of something and mine are untrainable although it is probably my own fault.
Owning a border is worse than community service I imagine.
Don't have the aires book but plenty other resources, ********** app looks quite good and campingcar Portugal website.
We will wing it a bit and check on here as well.
How long are you away for?
Don

POI Admin
17-02-2017, 23:21
Parked 20 metres away from MykCamper in Tarifa.

Funnily he has odd glasses for wine too! (For the benefit of LeeLinda ...)

carol
18-02-2017, 06:57

Hi Chris, are you on the pig field, or whatever it's called? Wasn't sure it still existed?

rugbyken
18-02-2017, 06:59
when we were parked at Tarifa i said to jan Mike would love it here!

maja07
18-02-2017, 07:40
I'm currently parked up in Lagos after reluctantly leaving Alvor. The guide book says it's a lovely walled town. Went out yesterday to look round and no sign of loveliness apart from the Marina! Anyone been here?

Hi Card, we were in Lagos last week....a day or two is all you need !! However, if you include a visit to the headlands in those two days it's ok. It's walkable (a mile or so) from Camping Trindade (opp. direction from old town) There's 200 steps down cliff face to caves/lagoon type experience. We enjoyed it. Maja

maja07
18-02-2017, 07:51
[QUOTE=maja07;792630]Hi all, Don....we are going the other way round so up through west/north Spain when we leave Porto on 27th. However, depending on your route others may advise...but we have been told that roads/sites north of Porto have been badly affected by the rains lately...all may improve by the time you set off. If you head diagonally down we can recommend Burgos cathedral as arguably the best in the world. We did it last year when heading to Bilbao. We will be doing Salamanca for the first time on our way north. Have heard good reports...any more gladly received.

Maja[/]

Heading to Porto in next few days. Need a campsite for a night to do some serious cleaning - us and motorhome, as collecting a friend from the airport on 21st. Will then do some wilding in and around Porto. Can you suggest a site and are you using the wild POIs for the town? Cheers

Hi Don, heading to Porto in an hour or so, will be sussing out sites/spots then (we are at Barra at the mo, a surf boy spit, been good for two lazy days in the sun though. Basic parque de campismo or wilding on harbour side) Anyway, we will be in Porto by lunchtime so will report back later in the day LOL !! Maja

moonshadow
18-02-2017, 10:45

Those odd glasses have obviously affect your memory it was with us!

carol
18-02-2017, 14:31

Hahaha 😄😄😄 Maybe he's been there twice! Is it the pigfield?

MykCamper
18-02-2017, 15:55
Hahaha 😄😄😄 Maybe he's been there twice! Is it the pigfield?

Haven't seen any pigs, Carol! The odd Kraut, or is that what you were getting at! 😦 but quite a few, newly recruited WC Brits!! 😊
Its the carpark next to the football stadium,to the west of Tarifa! Lovin it!

carol
18-02-2017, 16:55
Haven't seen any pigs, Carol! The odd Kraut, or is that what you were getting at! 😦 but quite a few, newly recruited WC Brits!! 😊
Its the carpark next to the football stadium,to the west of Tarifa! Lovin it!

I'll check it out. I'm loving Portugal but the weather has been patchy to say the least! Done the Algarve coast, now on the west then moving inland. Not sure where I'll hit Spain though. Would be good to meet up!

MykCamper
18-02-2017, 17:37
The BBC weather report is showing the Algarve will have the warmest and sunniest days for the next week or so!😅
Rain here tomorrow, Chris admin has already left to find some more Wilding spots to the West of here!😊

Pauljenny
18-02-2017, 19:22
Exactly a week ago, we had 4 inches of rain in 24 hours. .Today we had breakfast and lunch outdoors,.
The first Swallows arrived. A Golden Oriole announced his presence and the garden is bursting into bloom.
It really feels like Spring..... But! The rainfall is still below the average and we've got a stream of visitors coming out.
It'll rain when the arrive... Always does.
One pal is known as " The English Rainmaker " by the locals.
When there's a drought, the beg me to send for him.

Byronic
18-02-2017, 19:25
It really feels like Spring..... But! The rainfall is still below the average and we've got a stream of visitors coming out.
It'll rain when the arrive... Always does.
One pal is known as " The English Rainmaker " by the locals.
When there's a drought, the beg me to send for him.

Not Kenspain is it?

POI Admin
18-02-2017, 20:55

Oops!

POI Admin
18-02-2017, 21:06
The BBC weather report is showing the Algarve will have the warmest and sunniest days for the next week or so!😅
Rain here tomorrow, Chris admin has already left to find some more Wilding spots to the West of here!😊

Found this beautiful spot this evening :

Google Maps (https://goo.gl/maps/iApZLw4e9WQ2)

36.296749,-6.141576

Cliff-top walks, beaches, lighthouse and a mirador (viewpoint).

Pauljenny
18-02-2017, 21:54
Not Kenspain is it?

Our Spanish weathman has been very quiet,lately.
Hope he's OK?

carol
19-02-2017, 08:04
Blimey did it rain last night! Carrapateira on the west coast ��

Byronic
19-02-2017, 08:19
Our Spanish weathman has been very quiet,lately.
Hope he's OK?

I think he said he had posted his last thread on this site some months ago? Some members had given him some grief apparently.

spigot
20-02-2017, 20:34
This is the first time in my life that I've been stuck for water.
When all else fails we get our water from the beach showers, but due to the recent storms, these installations have been wrecked & switched off.
But Mercadona came to the rescue by selling bottled water in 8 ltr containers for just 75cents.
The first time I've paid for water, but still cheaper than going to a wretched campsite.

carol
20-02-2017, 20:59
This is the first time in my life that I've been stuck for water.
When all else fails we get our water from the beach showers, but due to the recent storms, these installations have been wrecked & switched off.
But Mercadona came to the rescue by selling bottled water in 8 ltr containers for just 75cents.
The first time I've paid for water, but still cheaper than going to a wretched campsite.

My god, you're a stingy old bugger! Enjoy your water! Xx

somejest
21-02-2017, 12:13

We are parked up by lake in Volvo xxx 90 + caravan leaving tomorrow going west towards a coruna stop at lighthouse ribadelo

spigot
21-02-2017, 16:27
My god, you're a stingy old bugger! Enjoy your water! Xx

Filled up with water from Mercadona @ 70cents per 8ltrs, drove to Carboneras & there's a plentiful supply of water, Doh!

Sleepless nights now!

Grum
21-02-2017, 16:56
We are in Tarifa and it is windy! Not stopped blowing for 2 days. We are having to stop in side alleys to stop being rocked about. On the plus side we have managed to guess the wifi password of the business we are parked outside 😀 OK my wife got it.

somejest
21-02-2017, 17:16
4 Borders must be fun - 2 are a handful when they get a scent of something and mine are untrainable although it is probably my own fault.
Owning a border is worse than community service I imagine.
Don't have the aires book but plenty other resources, ********** app looks quite good and campingcar Portugal website.
We will wing it a bit and check on here as well.
How long are you away for?
Don
We have a shorter trip this year arrived dieppe sat going back 2nd April,in caberceno with the elephants one of our favourite spots,moving on tomorrow west towards A Coruna,probably get 1/2 way between here and there (we don't get up to early) then on to A Coruna ,then down to Arcade.

moonshadow
21-02-2017, 22:12
Ameixial lovely village, good cafe and beautiful scenery. Life is slow and the villagers are welcoming and friendly.

Pauljenny
21-02-2017, 22:19
Ameixial lovely village, good cafe and beautiful scenery. Life is slow and the villagers are welcoming and friendly.

We thought you might like it there.
But Shhh! Keep it to ourselves.

MykCamper
22-02-2017, 09:43
We are in Tarifa and it is windy! Not stopped blowing for 2 days. We are having to stop in side alleys to stop being rocked about. On the plus side we have managed to guess the wifi password of the business we are parked outside 😀 OK my wife got it.
Only:sad: had one day in 7 without strong gales! ( The Levante,) Its the reason for it being the wind surfing capitol of Spain! 😦

Byronic
22-02-2017, 10:38
Only:sad: had one day in 7 without strong gales! ( The Levante,) Its the reason for it being the wind surfing capitol of Spain! ��

The Levant is the easterly wind, the Poniente being the westerly. Of the 2 the Levant blows strongest, it's the wind that forms the cloud over Gib. which can spread west as far as Tarifa at times, hides the sun for days. Good enough reason to avoid the Tarifa region wintertime if intending chancing more than a few days stay IMO unless your a keen wind/kite surfer.

carol
22-02-2017, 20:11
I'm on a lovely little municipal campsite in Serpa. Basic but clean. €5 a night. Lidl and intermarche round the corner and a walled town to explore. Stayed in the observatory car park at Monchique last night. 930 metres but sadly no view this morning.

maja07
22-02-2017, 21:01
We at a site just south of Porto....€7.10 with 10amp ehu....friends flying over Friday for long weekend. So we happy !! Maja

Pauljenny
22-02-2017, 21:33
I'm on a lovely little municipal campsite in Serpa. Basic but clean. €5 a night. Lidl and intermarche round the corner and a walled town to explore. Stayed in the observatory car park at Monchique last night. 930 metres but sadly no view this morning.

Now you're really seeing Portugal.
Which way are you going?
have a google at Villa Vicosa.. Full aire at the bombieros, fire station and exquisite royal palace.
Elvas... Google.. Camp under the magnificent 12th century viaduct.. Aire at Intermarche, nearby.
Visit old town..a good walk.
Hope the weather stays OK and all your electrics are happy.

Clunegapyears
23-02-2017, 07:00
Which way are you going?
have a google at Villa Vicosa.. Full aire at the bombieros, fire station and exquisite royal palace.
Elvas... Google.. Camp under the magnificent 12th century viaduct.. Aire at Intermarche, nearby.

Visited both ... definitely worth a visit. For Vila Vicosa, we over nighted 2 nights on the Barragem S of the town ... really peaceful. At Elvas, loads of room but some muppet parked right next to us - wafer apart ... and they were British, or "not-British".

carol
23-02-2017, 08:47
Which way are you going?

Hi Paul, yes we are and it's amazing. Met a guy on this site last night. Been travelling in his very shiny van for 10 years! He mentioned all those places too. Hopefully we'll all agree to go. Electrics fine, touch wood, but no hot water 😕. I'll try on hook up which will eliminate some causes I suppose. Hope you're both well x

Pauljenny
23-02-2017, 08:56
Feeling much better, thanks Carol.
It's Mid Feb, The swallows have arrived and we are getting itchy feet ,reading this thread.. Keep us posted.

It looks like we will have to hurry back to Blighty ,when our last guests leave , in Mid April.

No detours, No adventures..... Got a busy May and June ,trying to shake off the medics.

Safe travels , happy days .

Stanski
25-02-2017, 18:11
Think I have spelt it right, have just watched the Rugby in a tapas bar with some characters met in car park.

Slowly meandering along the coast, back up to France, found some interesting locations and others that are not quite so, weather OK, albeit overcast.

rugbyken
25-02-2017, 18:50
moving north we have just left la mata and gone just above la marina to playa le Pinet the aire was originally in a car park on the rd behind the village but now it's on the old campsite just of the beach , there is a bar restaurant on the beach and an area about the size of 3football pitches for parking , although no facilities on site about 2kms away towards la marina there is a repsol garage with autocaravan parking that allows dump & refill we etc for €2 ,

jennyp19
25-02-2017, 19:29
moving north we have just left la mata and gone just above la marina to playa le Pinet the aire was originally in a car park on the rd behind the village but now it's on the old campsite just of the beach , there is a bar restaurant on the beach and an area about the size of 3football pitches for parking , although no facilities on site about 2kms away towards la marina there is a repsol garage with autocaravan parking that allows dump & refill we etc for €2 ,

Have they still stopped the parking on the beach at la Mata?

mygrassisblue
25-02-2017, 20:12
We have reached Portugal now and the sun has shined all day.
Staying at the little Aire in Vilar Fomoso right on the border.
€5 per night and €3 for hook up - somebody said 4 amp but all our stuff working anyway.
Pay at the shop across the road, shop is worth a look round.
Sells everything from matches to washing machines and a café bar inside as well.
300 yds to Intermarche which has an outdoor laundry, will try that tomorrow.
Heading south from here into Castello Branco region to look at a house.
Loving the Vinho Verde.
We are here to stay.
Don & Linda

Pauljenny
25-02-2017, 20:21
We love that cranky shop. We have to stay at least 2 nights,just so Jenny can look at EVERY thing.

Exciting times for you. Enjoy them.

Looser cruiser
25-02-2017, 21:00
Hi all you guys in Spain lookin for a wee bit of advice was on Brittany ferries website pricing up a trip I'm planning for the summer Portsmouth to Bilbao or Santander quite pricey but was wondering if anyone uses the membership thingy £70 to join club voyager and another £120 a year £190 in total for year to get 30%
Off I won't use it probably a one off for me this year anyway. Was quoted £1300 return with cabins both ways for 3 people and a 9 meter van. I don't have time to drive through France I've planed my trip to 16 days any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated

rugbyken
26-02-2017, 07:47
hi wullie the voyager discount is 30% so on a £1300 crossing your gonna save nearly £400 , i thought it was £120 for the first year of spain £70 first year france don't need to do both and then £100 a year thereafter , not checked for a while so don't quote me see you at rutland you've just saved your diesel money no sponsorship read now!

Trish1997
26-02-2017, 09:18
I love that cranky shop also, been there a few times, can't find the intermarche yet though. We're currently sitting on am empty free aire,free water no electric Aire in Asco.Spain comimg inland to avoid Barcelona. A bit cooler here but we have plenty of gas. A lot quieter than the coastal ones.

witzend
26-02-2017, 10:34
Voyager club is 70£ per yr for France + a joining fee but more fo Spanish one all easy to see on their web site

grath
26-02-2017, 10:39
When I last looked a few days ago, the discount of 30% was stated as Up to 30%, therefore not fixed!

On closer inspection, it seems a 30% discount is on all Spanish crossings excluding promotional.
see below
Joining fee of £100, plus £120 per yr

Spain Membership | Club Voyage - Travel Club - Brittany Ferries (http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/club-voyage-travel-club/spain)

moonshadow
26-02-2017, 11:11
We at a site just south of Porto....€7.10 with 10amp ehu....friends flying over Friday for long weekend. So we happy !! Maja

Can you enlighten us to where? And is there public transport to Porto? Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

moonshadow
26-02-2017, 16:17
On the free aire at the old mining town of Lousal. Fascinating living science museum. Off to Setubal/Palmela tomorrow.

Looser cruiser
26-02-2017, 17:30
When I last looked a few days ago, the discount of 30% was stated as Up to 30%, therefore not fixed!

On closer inspection, it seems a 30% discount is on all Spanish crossings excluding promotional.
see below
Joining fee of £100, plus £120 per yr

Spain Membership | Club Voyage - Travel Club - Brittany Ferries (http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/club-voyage-travel-club/spain)

Thanks works out at £220 first year then £120second year. still saving £180 on first trip plus breakfast vouchers think I read that full 30% doesn't apply to the cabin price needs more work.

grath
26-02-2017, 17:39
Thanks works out at £220 first year then £120second year. still saving £180 on first trip plus breakfast vouchers think I read that full 30% doesn't apply to the cabin price needs more work.

Hi, it might work out in your case with a 9 metre van and three people, but in our case, we booked it months ago and prices have since gone up.
WE have booked 7 metres, plus a bike rack, which is in fact a scooter rack ( we are about 7'75 metres) and two persons for £938.
Still expensive, but a one off for us!
I am still debating, knocking off the out ferry for DFDS
The price forum is now well over £1000

carol
26-02-2017, 18:00
On the free aire at the old mining town of Lousal. Fascinating living science museum. Off to Setubal/Palmela tomorrow.

Parked up at the Aire in Monsaraz, amazing views! Let me know what Setubal is like. There's a new campsite there, €6 a night apparently. Are you going to Lisbon and Sintra?

grath
26-02-2017, 18:09
Parked up at the Aire in Monsaraz, amazing views! Let me know what Setubal is like. There's a new campsite there, €6 a night apparently. Are you going to Lisbon and Sintra?

Amazing place Carol, and in the back streets, along the city wall, below the church, you will find water.
You will need a container and carry it.
Also there is a cafe, adjacent to the amphitheater, prices are reasonable!
Enjoy!
Oh, if you want to wash your van, go down to the water below.
And if you need water and dump facilities, look down and you will see vehicles crossing a long bridge.
Go down, cross the bridge, turn right to Luz. There is an aire there! It is about 22 or 24 km away!
It just shows how far you can see from up there, and you can see the town, it is the far one!
No view, but all facilities!

carol
26-02-2017, 18:44
Hi Grath, got told of the water and there's a tap in the cemetery too. Found a cafe with amazing views, €3 20 for a coffee and huge glass of vino. Can't imagine what it would cost elsewhere! Re washing the van, I really need to. Got the tail end of a sand storm last week and the van is a disgrace! Came here from Luz. What a fabulous overnight stop, in between the cemetery and the church, by the Museum. Is there really somewhere to wash the van? ��

n brown
26-02-2017, 18:50
don't you find that water from the cemetery tastes a little... i don't know... boney ?

Edina
26-02-2017, 18:51
don't you find that water from the cemetery tastes a little... i don't know... boney ?

Got plenty of body though

grath
26-02-2017, 18:51
You got to admit Carol, the view is second to none, and prices in the town are ok!
Surprised about your coffee price. We had two Bacaloo brah with a couple of beers and the price was about 20 €
Try the Monsaraz wine, it is as good as it gets for the area!

grath
26-02-2017, 18:54
Regarding washing the van, go down to the Baragem, use a bucket and water from the Baragem.
Easy peasy!

moonshadow
26-02-2017, 19:01

Been to Setubal before, amazing garlic prawns on seafront. Really going to meet up with someone then heading to Foz d'arelho then north to see my daughter. Sintra is amazing don't try and drive through it. There is a very good aire at Odrinhas, 135 in book, small comfortable coffee bar on site and the bus goes to sintra id e volta €4 last year and the aire€6 incl electric again last year's price. Lisbon is also amazing but haven't been in motorhome

Pauljenny
26-02-2017, 19:24
Motorhome parking in Lisbon is on the North bank, at the ferry terminal by Belem,The Jeronimos Church and the Navigadores monument.

Park only in the designated area. If you park on the next block, on the west, you'll get fined.
Watch out for unofficial touts, they'll lead you to the western block,scarper with whatever tip you give them, and you'll be in trouble.
No facilities, but ideal for sightseeing and great transport links.
The bar lets you use the toilets,if you buy the odd drink and there's loos in the terminal,during opening times.

grath
26-02-2017, 19:27
We were very strongly advised by Portuguese M/H ers, not to use the aire, they said it was a break in waiting to happen. We heard this from not just one, but from three different people at different times.
Better to use the ACSI and bus in!
Then you can walk around care free!

grath
26-02-2017, 20:07
We have stayed in Belem a number of times with no trouble!
A tip From a few years ago museums are free on Sundays until 2 pm!
The problem with chat and second hand advice is it can unsettle the traveler.
Therefore you passing on that advise stops folk from going to that aire.
On the other hand if you did not pass on that info and susleqenty we got broken into how would you feel?
It's a hard desission to make.
But armed this information if we do wish to stay we can take extra precautions.
John

I know what you are saying, but it wasn't second hand advice, it was told directly to me from neighbouring Portuguese M/H ers who obviously know the area much better than you and me.
It is up to everybody to ask them selves, is the risk worth it, and does my van look more likely to be broken into!
Just down to choices, no right or wrong!

Pauljenny
26-02-2017, 20:10
We were very strongly advised by Portuguese M/H ers, not to use the aire, they said it was a break in waiting to happen. We heard this from not just one, but from three different people at different times.
Better to use the ACSI and bus in!
Then you can walk around care free!

Yes, Graham. Things may have changed since we were there 3 years ago.
We drove in, a tout was indicating that he would find us a parking place and was leading us onto the western block.
A Portuguese M homer came across and told us, in English,that this guy was a tout.. We replied in our dodgy Portuguese and he chased the tout off.
He led us back onto the proper site and told us his son was.leaving soon and we could have his pitch.
I suggested that they should join me for a beer at the bar.

2 hours later, they'd marked my card about where to go,what to see. They explained that they don't mind if the touts lead Spanish, French and German vans into trouble, but not the British .
They then insisted on settling the bill and said the son would be off in a couple of hours.
While I was waiting, I got under the van to check the grey water pipe,that had become loose.
Suddenly i found Father and son beside me. Eventually the son brought his drill and pop rivetter and did a proper job on it.

Two more beers, and I had to really insist on paying.
The son eventually wobbled off, I think he may have been a cop and breathalyser immune.
We had 4 wonderful,hectic nights there.
It always amazes us how nice people can be.

moonshadow
01-03-2017, 18:39
Now in Foz do Arelho, sitting on the aire right next to the beach of sea/river. Huge waves coming in yesterday, much calmer today. Surprised to find some of the cafes open.

mygrassisblue
02-03-2017, 17:49
Drove through yesterday and one side of the road is gone. Barriers in place and shoring but give it a miss if possible.

moonshadow
02-03-2017, 19:05
Drove through yesterday and one side of the road is gone. Barriers in place and shoring but give it a miss if possible.

Thanks for the warning, heading up that way to Sao Pedro tomorrow

carol
02-03-2017, 21:58
I've landed at an Aire at Vila Nova da Barquinha. Nothing here but a lovely free stop on the way to Tomar. Been here two nights as it's so peaceful.

rugbyken
03-03-2017, 08:56
thought Tomar was fantastic loved the way you went from a castle to a temple monastery and barracks, the helix staircase where in spite of appearing like an open spiral you can't see anyone on the other set of steps and the gardens were superb we stayed overnight on the aire just below the entrance had planned couple of hours and lost a day there,

Pauljenny
03-03-2017, 09:37
Enjoy your visit,Carol, we have the first rain, for 3 weeks, very welcome,washing away the left overs from the dust cloud.
Very unwelcome,
Jenny just washed the winter bedding and hung it out to dry.
Her sainted sister arrives tonight for a 3 week visit.
Mustn't grumble.

carol
03-03-2017, 16:35
thought Tomar was fantastic loved the way you went from a castle to a temple monastery and barracks, the helix staircase where in spite of appearing like an open spiral you can't see anyone on the other set of steps and the gardens were superb we stayed overnight on the aire just below the entrance had planned couple of hours and lost a day there,

Hi Ken, didn't see any mention of an Aire in Tomar in the Aires book? Do you have coords and is it free or paid? Apparently there's a big car park near the bus station but don't know if it's overnightable. I'm going for sentimental reasons ..... many years since I was there, wilding somewhere in my little vw van. Not even a fridge in sight. 😊

rugbyken
03-03-2017, 17:25
your in luck carol jan logged the coords n39.6048 w8.4175 in her journal from 5 years ago because we were meeting friends there , they didn't arrive till late afternoon so we went round the garden when they arrived and the castle the next day, you will think you've finished the tour and then all of a sudden the temple opens out near the shop, the MH parking is on a tier below the castle but easy enough climb, the convent alongside was undergoing renovation work when we went there,

POI Admin
03-03-2017, 20:54
Hi Ken, didn't see any mention of an Aire in Tomar in the Aires book? Do you have coords and is it free or paid? Apparently there's a big car park near the bus station but don't know if it's overnightable. I'm going for sentimental reasons ..... many years since I was there, wilding somewhere in my little vw van. Not even a fridge in sight. ��

If in doubt check our POIs!

You'll find three in Tomar. CU Tomar 1 is the one you want I think ...

POI Admin
03-03-2017, 21:01
I am travelling north again!

Tonight I'm at Odeceixe having had a lovely day travelling along the Algarve coast from Sagres.

The POIs are in wonderful locations and if you want a lovely circuitous drive do what I did and hopscotch from one to the next.

But whatever you do don't fail to drive the coast road round the headland at Carrapateira. The scenery is jaw-dropping!

carol
04-03-2017, 09:12
It is, Chris, spent a while going along that coast.

Stanski
04-03-2017, 10:26
Lovely beach and view, weather not so kind, cloudy and chilly breeze, but loved the walk on shore.

Stayed on rock outcrop at Torrevieja last night, gale blew in, not a comfy sleep, but still all good.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS