PDA

View Full Version : Eco Sticker for France

grath
27-01-2017, 09:51
I know this has been talked about before, however I thought a new thread would help.
I have just come across the following link and if you scroll down to the bottom of the first link, you will note that it is proposed for many more French Cities. Not just Paris, Grenoble, and Lyon
Well worth checking!

Paris introduces a new eco-sticker system for vehicles | This is Money (http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-4151434/Paris-introduces-new-eco-sticker-vehicles.html)

Law change for UK drivers in French cities | RAC Drive (http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/law-change-for-uk-drivers-in-french-cities/)

From Feb 1st you can order
Store*–*Crit-Air.fr (https://www.crit-air.fr/nc/en/store.html#c18807)

Not forgetting the German version
Online-application environmental zone sticker - Berlin.de (https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kfz-zulassung/feinstaubplakette/shop.86595.en.php)

colinmd
27-01-2017, 10:24
Couple of queries spring to mind.
Does sub 3.5t campervan come under car?
As it's a colour coded system it would seem that at sometime certain groups might be excluded from cities, say during high pollution levels.
My van is euro4, but manufactured in 2011, so seems to be between two groups, I guess it will come under the 'worst' grouping, i.e. euro4 pre 2011.

MarkJ
27-01-2017, 12:10
And is a >3.5t motorhome a camper or commercial vehicle? Same problem as with speed limits perhaps where they later issued a clarification that motorhomes had different speed limits to commercial vehicles, despite what the base law says.

ScamperVan
27-01-2017, 14:08
I don't know about the French link but if anyone is having any doubts about the Berlin application service in the link provided, it's problem free.
Fill the form, attach a copy of your documents, send 5 euros (or whatever it costs) and in 2 days time (our experience) your sticker arrives.
We've since changed the reg number of the van but haven't applied for a new sticker - when we were in Germany in the summer many cars had stickers where the reg number wasn't legible (sun faded) and we carry documents which would demonstrate it's the same vehicle.

ScamperVan
27-01-2017, 14:22
I know not everyone's van fits into a specific "box but ref a couple of questions asked above about category; is say they the answer in both cases is car/camper.

ScamperVan
27-01-2017, 14:31
And is a >3.5t motorhome a camper or commercial vehicle? Same problem as with speed limits perhaps where they later issued a clarification that motorhomes had different speed limits to commercial vehicles, despite what the base law says.

Camper - they are only bothered about the engine/pollution aspect - they'll sort out the appropriate sticker from the docs you send.

Mind you, camper-as-place-of- business might be a grey area ;)

ScamperVan
27-01-2017, 14:33
Couple of queries spring to mind.
Does sub 3.5t campervan come under car?
As it's a colour coded system it would seem that at sometime certain groups might be excluded from cities, say during high pollution levels.
My van is euro4, but manufactured in 2011, so seems to be between two groups, I guess it will come under the 'worst' grouping, i.e. euro4 pre 2011.

Dunno about the year aspect but, in the link, the only option is car/camper (see screenshot)

grath
27-01-2017, 14:45
I am thinking that on the French application they will determine the sticker colour by the date the vehicle was first registered, and won't require an emission certificate! It seems expensive compared to the German version!
Regarding the German sticker. Ours took just about one week, from Berlin, and much cheaper than going through the sticker agents

GWAYGWAY
27-01-2017, 18:01
I am not sure how to put down the Euro 6 bit as my document does not give an emission figure as do most of ours, to avoid the road tax problem it was left off. Does just a copy of the registration document do for them.?

grath
27-01-2017, 18:09
I am not sure how to put down the Euro 6 bit as my document does not give an emission figure as do most of ours, to avoid the road tax problem it was left off. Does just a copy of the registration document do for them.?

From what I have read, I think, please note think, we just upload a copy of our Registration Documents, and the sticker type (colour) will be issued depending on the date of first registration!
The English speaking website opens on the 1st Feb, but that seems to be a private company making money by arranging the sticker.
What we need, is a direct to the Transport department of France, similar to the one I posted about Germany, where you can get one from Berlin for about 6
At the end of the day, it is an interpretation, your guess is as good as mine!

REC
27-01-2017, 20:52
Our van is euro4 but cannot seem to find a way to order at the 4.18euro price? The English site will be 29.95 euros. We have friends in France who can have the sticker sent to them but it looks like it has to go to registered address which is UK. Can anyone see a way to avoid the private companies site?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS