PDA

View Full Version : Silves

somejest
13-02-2017, 18:34
Anyone been up to the Barragem do Arade lately ? Been looking on google earth looks empty, We headed that way in about a week so wondered what the situation was.

john1974
13-02-2017, 22:55
Google earth is really a good invention..
but
can be worth looking at the imagery aqquisition date to get an idea of what time of day or even, as John says, what year.

quite recently I was thinking of a road trip around Iceland and was hunting snowcover images from the previous week (not in google) while trying to get the right vehicle .. I abandoned Iceland and went to Croatia instead.. Iceland was postponed for 6 months... my only employment was satellite imagery and GIS..sadly not any more..

John

Clunegapyears
14-02-2017, 07:29
There about a month ago ... very busy. But room in the lower part.

Edina
14-02-2017, 07:32
Are you havin a laugh?
Do you believe that google earth is live?
These images are in some cases years old.
Same as street view.
John

If they thought it was live, why would they ask the question?

somejest
14-02-2017, 08:03
Why then did they use the google earth view in the question?
Johnhi jays I mentioned Google earth because it doesn't matter how recent the footage but the fact is the barrages is never free of campers and in the picture I saw there wasn't a single van. I've not been up there since March 2015 due to ill health so wanted some recent news. One of our favourite spots!!!

somejest
14-02-2017, 08:07
There about a month ago ... very busy. But room in the lower part.

Thanks we love the place,nice and quiet. I heard there had been problems with the gnr because of the use of the old restaurant septic tank being over used.

jacquigem
14-02-2017, 18:23
That's been used for years and years
John

Maybe its full ?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS