PDA

View Full Version : Sunday morning crumpet

andyjanet
26-02-2017, 08:10

Ha that had you going, perverts can look away now! Chefs can carry on, we have struggled and struggled with the grill in the van, toast can take half an hr for four pieces and crumpets are burnt before they are warmed thru, so this morning was great a nice cup of tea with hot crumpets &lashings of butter and black cherry conserve all done in the nonstick frying pan 😀 Now how about that sunday morning crumpet:shag::shag::shag:

oldish hippy
26-02-2017, 08:14
thought my luck might be in crumpet followed by coffee ideal sunday morning start

kernowprickles
26-02-2017, 11:36
I used to find that the grill pan was too far away from the actual grill, so got round that by placing an upside down square baking tin (height just over an inch) which brought it closer to the grill. Which reminds me - where has it vanished to? Been getting campervan ready, and haven't seen it!

campervanannie
26-02-2017, 12:00

Snap mines got Philadelphia cream cheese on it this is my third one, brunch lol.

wakk44
26-02-2017, 12:06

Snap mines got Philadelphia cream cheese on it this is my third one, brunch lol.

Crikey,it looks like a rottweiler has had a bite out of it.:raofl:

oldish hippy
26-02-2017, 12:11
round enamel dish I use under my grill pan and it warms the dish and ican then use the dish to put dinner in

wakk44
26-02-2017, 12:11
I used to find that the grill pan was too far away from the actual grill, so got round that by placing an upside down square baking tin (height just over an inch) which brought it closer to the grill. Which reminds me - where has it vanished to? Been getting campervan ready, and haven't seen it!

And that's exactly what we do and a good tip for those that don't want to wait for their toast,it brings the grill pan closer to the grill and makes waiting for the toast a thing of the past,it's even possible to burn it if left for too long.

jeanette
26-02-2017, 13:08
We haven't got a grill!!!! :sad::cry::cry:

campervanannie
26-02-2017, 13:27
Crikey,it looks like a rottweiler has had a bite out of it.:raofl:

That'll be me then grrrrrr.🐶

alwaysared
26-02-2017, 13:44
We haven't got a grill!!!! :sad::cry::cry:

We haven't either and my wife thought we would miss it but after camping on a motorbike for the last 5 years we have utilised our camping toaster (https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Camping-Hiking/SunnCamp-Folding-Rectangular-Camping-Toaster/B002UOEXRU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1488119896&sr=8-7&keywords=Folding+Camping+Toaster) which works great. We do other stuff in a griddle pan (http://direct.asda.com/george/george-home/George-Home-24cm-Aluminium-Grill-Pan/001456687,default,pd.html) from Asda, cost us 6.00 when it was on sale :D

Regards,
Del

Wooie1958
26-02-2017, 13:48
I like mine nice and simple, grilled to a nice golden brown colour then smothered in butter :tongue:

maingate
26-02-2017, 17:22
We haven't either and my wife thought we would miss it but after camping on a motorbike for the last 5 years we have utilised our camping toaster (https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Camping-Hiking/SunnCamp-Folding-Rectangular-Camping-Toaster/B002UOEXRU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1488119896&sr=8-7&keywords=Folding+Camping+Toaster) which works great. We do other stuff in a griddle pan (http://direct.asda.com/george/george-home/George-Home-24cm-Aluminium-Grill-Pan/001456687,default,pd.html) from Asda, cost us 6.00 when it was on sale :D

Regards,
Del

We use the same toaster, in fact I have just bought a new one as the old one is knackered.

We have a Grill but have never tried it as far as I remember.

Auld Pharrrt
26-02-2017, 21:29
As part of my burfday treat today I got served with fruit pancakes, lemon pancakes and plain crepes, with lashings of double cream and genuine Canadian maple syrup .... AND THERE'S LOADS LEFT ... but not for long.

jeanette
26-02-2017, 23:33
As part of my burfday treat today I got served with fruit pancakes, lemon pancakes and plain crepes, with lashings of double cream and genuine Canadian maple syrup .... AND THERE'S LOADS LEFT ... but not for long.

:tongue::tongue: ooh happy birthday by the way Ron :banana:

Auld Pharrrt
26-02-2017, 23:53
:tongue::tongue: ooh happy birthday by the way Ron :banana:

Aww fanks :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

jagmanx
27-02-2017, 08:56
Does for us. bread does toast OK
The pan is then warm for whatever else
I mix eggs milk and cheese in the warm pan and cook.... what I call a "Scramlette"

The flame "bar" in our oven is at the bottom so grilling not possible.

The oven gets hot enough to bake and maybe roast.

We only use it to

warm things (Croissants)
easy bake items sausage rolls, part cooked bread and the like
oven chips and the like
could probably do pizzas and more

jagmanx
27-02-2017, 09:17
Every week...
Well if the OP is being silly I think I can respond in like vein

yorkieowl
27-02-2017, 19:32

Ha that had you going, perverts can look away now! Chefs can carry on, we have struggled and struggled with the grill in the van, toast can take half an hr for four pieces and crumpets are burnt before they are warmed thru, so this morning was great a nice cup of tea with hot crumpets &lashings of butter and black cherry conserve all done in the nonstick frying pan 😀 Now how about that sunday morning crumpet:shag::shag::shag:

Found the frying pan is good for doing pizza/chips etc too, much better than the oven, although the grill is working ok in ours for doing the crumpets.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS