PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Sheppey

Barbt
26-05-2009, 16:09
We camped in our Autocruise Valentine on Sheppey at the weekend.
There is plenty of space all along the sea front on the Shellness road just out of Leysdown.
Lovely walks all around.

vogue
09-08-2009, 10:41
We camped in our Autocruise Valentine on Sheppey at the weekend.
There is plenty of space all along the sea front on the Shellness road just out of Leysdown.
Lovely walks all around.

this is where i go most weekends,but im afraid its going to go as aldeburgh went,the area is up for re vamp,according to the local papers.on several weekends i could not find a parking space,the whole road was lined with motor homes,and caravans,swale council did erect no overnight signs on poles a few years ago,but some one tore them down,they were not replaced.also in the local papers,the locals are complaining as the cant park up.

Barbt
10-08-2009, 09:22
I agree that that particular bit of Shellness Road is pretty crowded but it's never full, there's always spaces, particularly for cars.
Oh well, we will have to wait and see what happens but there are various other places to camp - there's a good car park at the end of the Warden Bay Road, we've used that, and also we frequently use Warden Point - there's a good space at the end of the lane, close to the top of Warden Springs Caravan park entrance.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS