PDA

View Full Version : Saga

pamjon
15-03-2017, 17:09
Just got my renewal quote from Saga. They have put it up by just over 100!! It was 270 with breakdown cover. Now it is 394.
Rang them up straight away, they offered me 20 off. I have 12 years no claims which is their max, Much too expensive, will be looking around.
PJ

delicagirl
15-03-2017, 17:25
Many of us use AIB who give WC forum members a discount.... 02380268351

grath
15-03-2017, 18:15
been with Saga for 11 out of 14 years, and the price has always on those years been the lowest for excellent cover.
The other years Comfort have been lower, sometimes by just 1, and Comfort is underwritten by Aviva, therefore a reputable cover.
I have just spent over 4 days negotiating with Saga, they just did not understand refillable gas cylinders, and they needed to ask the underwriters.
Saga price 441
Comfort with equivalent cover 354
Both with 365 days European cover.
Obviously the van value comes into play!
C&CC comes in at 392 with only 90 days European breakdown cover.
To be honest Comfort takes some beating!
I have previously, tried Safeguard and Caravan Guard and a few others! No Joy!
edit
incidentally, our car is with Saga and at a very low price. I tried a few and none were anywhere near as low!

edit 2
I like both Saga and Comfort as both have excellent breakdown and recovery feedback!

GreggBear
15-03-2017, 18:28
Just got my renewal quote from Saga. They have put it up by just over 100!! It was 270 with breakdown cover. Now it is 394.
Rang them up straight away, they offered me 20 off. I have 12 years no claims which is their max, Much too expensive, will be looking around.
PJ

Try cancelling, then get them to quote you as a new customer. For some reason, these companies seem to value new custom much more than repeat business! Makes no sense to me either, You'd think a regular customer would be a valuable thing in this present economic climate, but apparently not....:rolleyes2::scared:
Good luck with your search.:camper::goodluck::drive::cool1::cheers:

rugbyken
15-03-2017, 18:58
been with AIB for last 3 years , last years quote was for 308 this years 459 girl is going to try and bring it down but may well cancel it later and rearrange to get a better renewal date i intend to be away every march,

yorkieowl
15-03-2017, 21:40
Lucky you, you can breakaway from Saga, Personally I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. :D

seadogjon
16-03-2017, 08:47
Try cancelling, then get them to quote you as a new customer. For some reason, these companies seem to value new custom much more than repeat business! Makes no sense to me either, You'd think a regular customer would be a valuable thing in this present economic climate, but apparently not....:rolleyes2::scared:
Good luck with your search.:camper::goodluck::drive::cool1::cheers:

Been with saga last four years, last july when it was due i cancelled because i had to lay the van up for a month.

when i rang them up to get cover again it went from 205 to 185 .always found them good and simple to deal with..jon

grath
16-03-2017, 11:31
been with Saga for 11 out of 14 years, and the price has always on those years been the lowest for excellent cover.
The other years Comfort have been lower, sometimes by just 1, and Comfort is underwritten by Aviva, therefore a reputable cover.
I have just spent over 4 days negotiating with Saga, they just did not understand refillable gas cylinders, and they needed to ask the underwriters.
Saga price 441
Comfort with equivalent cover 354
Both with 365 days European cover.
Obviously the van value comes into play!
C&CC comes in at 392 with only 90 days European breakdown cover.
To be honest Comfort takes some beating!
I have previously, tried Safeguard and Caravan Guard and a few others! No Joy!
edit
incidentally, our car is with Saga and at a very low price. I tried a few and none were anywhere near as low!

edit 2
I like both Saga and Comfort as both have excellent breakdown and recovery feedback!

Further to the above, AIB have quoted 350 with 180 day European Breakdown recovery. All include legal aid and bonus protection.
Saga are most certainly not as competitive and have a larger access!

QUESTION
Has anybody feedback regarding AIB breakdown service, or accident claims?

edit

The underwriters offered for the insurance were Markastudy
see reviews
Markerstudy Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.markerstudy.com (https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.markerstudy.com)

The breakdown service is supplied through Equity Redstar.
see reviews
Equityredstar Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of equityredstar.co.uk (https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/equityredstar.co.uk)

The above was just from a quick search, maybe there are better more up to date reviews, or maybe not?

Aviva review (Comfort Underwriters

Aviva Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.aviva.co.uk (https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.aviva.co.uk)

Saga reviews

Saga plc Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.saga.co.uk (https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.saga.co.uk)

pamjon
16-03-2017, 18:13
I rang around for a few quotes today and I thought I would keep you up to date.
Direct Line 177, Comfort 340, LV 260 and NFU 304. None of these includes breakdown cover.
NFU come out on top, there is no excess and they give you a lot more than the others. If I go for 100 accidental damage excess the quote comes down to 272. They seem very good.
Rang Saga again, they bought it down to 340 with breakdown cover but their excesses are big. Not happy I rang the Chief Executive. On their blurb a Alison Davies stated that if they keep the customer happy they will stay loyal. I told them that they did not know the meaning of loyalty gave them a piece of my mind saying that they did not know the meaning of the word, she was not happy and promised to get to me shortly.
Thank you for all your info I will let you know the outcome.
PJ

n brown
16-03-2017, 20:27
pretty good. was told they wouldn't insure a self build- they did,i gave a value of 3000 , but when i hit a bollard and the repair was 5000, there was no problem at all. i expected the next premium to go right up, it dropped 15
year after i found a cheaper quote so moved on, but i found them very fair

yorkieowl
16-03-2017, 21:51
pretty good. was told they wouldn't insure a self build- they did,i gave a value of 3000 , but when i hit a bollard and the repair was 5000, there was no problem at all. i expected the next premium to go right up, it dropped 15
year after i found a cheaper quote so moved on, but i found them very fair

You were lucky, when we had a 50/50 accident, we didn't claim but the otherside claimed 6 to 800 can't quite remember, our premium went up by half the following year as they took all but 2 years of our full no claims, (our fault I suppose for not getting it protected, but most other companies only took 2 years off), and it cost us well over the claim amount over the following years, vowed we would never use them again.

pamjon
28-03-2017, 17:50
Thought members would like to know that I checked with the AA today. On their website, European breakdown about 80. That's going across 3 times a year for 90 days at a time. So I thought I will insure with NFU and take the A Breakdown. So I rang them up gave them the measurements of my MH which is a Burstner low line, length 7m height 2m.90 and width 2m.78. The woman I spoke to said that I was too long and too wide as when they do recovery from Europe they put the MH's on the Ferry in a shipping container. Obviously I said that this was nonsense but she was quite adamant so No breakdown cover. This is silly because when we had our (Arto) Niessman + Bishcoff 5 years ago we broke down with a diesel problem and they brought it back to England and it was very similar dimensions to one we have now. Obviously someone is telling porky's.
Just thought you would like to know .
PJ

freddie
28-03-2017, 18:47
saga mess me about they give me a price after phoneing them back 6 times saga keep putting me to pet ins saga bad service hope they read this with well over 20 years no claims been driveing 46 years so they lost out saga must have to much money in there bank accounts its there lose so keep away from saga do not phone them

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS