PDA

View Full Version : Changing Bank

antiquesam
16-03-2017, 10:22
After 35 years with the same bank I decided to change for a better offer, well any offer would be better than the nothing the Co-op give there customers. I was surprised at just how easy it is nowadays. It took 15 minutes to fill in the form and it was all done. They move all the Direct Debits and the Incoming payments, with it all being done in seven days and the cost of any problem being covered by the Bank. The hardest bit was making the decision.

Pauljenny
16-03-2017, 10:59
Just be very careful about security,while things are going through.
You need to back up account details and passwords,just in case.

Just send them to me, here in Portugal .
Better safe than sorry.

Pauljenny
16-03-2017, 11:01
Ps..
I was only kidding.
Put nothing on the web.:wacko:

antiquesam
16-03-2017, 11:03
Just be very careful about security,while things are going through.
You need to back up account details and passwords,just in case.

Just send them to me, here in Portugal .
Better safe than sorry.

I've sent you a pm with all my banking and savings account details, because I know they will be safe with you. Do let me know if you don't get it.

trevskoda
16-03-2017, 13:40
Im told you can treble the money by buying some stuff that looks like talc but without the nice smell,mind you it can only be landed at night at a secluded beach by :boat:not sure the name of this bank though.:lol-049:

delicagirl
16-03-2017, 13:50
how about standing orders that go into your account..... are they changed by the new bank ? or do you have to ask the sender of the S/O to change the bank details in HIS bank account so you continue to get the dosh ??

antiquesam
16-03-2017, 15:25
how about standing orders that go into your account..... are they changed by the new bank ? or do you have to ask the sender of the S/O to change the bank details in HIS bank account so you continue to get the dosh ??

They do all that and if something goes to your old bank it is transferred for 36 months and the payee is informed of your new bank details.

Pauljenny
16-03-2017, 16:05
I've sent you a pm with all my banking and savings account details, because I know they will be safe with you. Do let me know if you don't get it.

Thanks, I confirm I didn't get them.
Don't bother checking your balances for a week or two,until things settle down.
I'm off to look at a brand spanking new Hymer.

antiquesam
16-03-2017, 17:37
Thanks, I confirm I didn't get them.
Don't bother checking your balances for a week or two,until things settle down.
I'm off to look at a brand spanking new Hymer.

I expect you've won the lottery or something.

TJBi
16-03-2017, 23:03

It certainly happens on standard Faster Payments, so it's a fair bet that it happens on standing orders as well. It can be rather disconcerting for the sender, to see that all of a sudden money's being sent to an account other than the one that was originally set up!

grath
17-03-2017, 06:16
A few years ago, we changed to Santander and they arranged the complete transfer. Everything went to plan, no problems at all.
Those that all my eggs were not in one basket.
The only down side was that my previous long term bank (Nat West) were very awkward when I wanted to open a new account as a back up

Pauljenny
17-03-2017, 08:20
Am acquaintance of mine was asked to join a sperm bank.
He was quite happy to make regular deposits... No need to fill in a paying in book.
Then one day,he wanted to make a withdrawal .. Things started to get sticky... They paid him 5% interest.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS