PDA

View Full Version : Games for my meet?

LaughingHeart
29-05-2009, 09:24
I am looking for any ideas for 'games' for folk to have fun with at my meet on Hayling Island, Sept 11th-15th 09. We have limited space, so I'm not sure that we can do the 'Wellie Wanging' as planed. We will have 'Tug 'O War', Tic-Tac Spitting and Boules. If you can help by posting details of any other 'Crazy' games we can arrange, I would be most appreciative. We will be enjoying a display of John and Margaret's Birds of Prey and having an American supper/ party on Sat evening. The games are for Sat afternoon. There are some places left if you want to join us! [ see; invitation to my meet] It's all about; fun, laughter, having a good time and meeting folk! There is tidal waters on 2 sides of the site, so if you have any 'wet' game ideas, that would be good. [ evil...ain't I just!] Having said that, although this is an organised site, there is no reason why we can't be a bit 'wild'

Thanks for reading Me! Paol.

tony
29-05-2009, 09:33
what about archery ? the cowboys against the indians. you should be good with a bow & arrow.
tony

tony
29-05-2009, 09:55
glad to be of some help.
tony

channa
29-05-2009, 10:06
Tomahawk chucking ???

Like darts but using tomahawks !!! and the board could be the grass, nearest the stick from a set distance etc..

( if you are bereft of tomahawks, I guess you could kidnap a couple of miscreants in Southampton and use them :D)

Channa

LaughingHeart
29-05-2009, 11:38
Yes....Thank you Guy's, Tony, perhaps you could try shooting an arrow at Channa's little chopper, or do you need a bigger target??? The archery is not a bad idea though! I'll look into that.One house point for you Tony. Channa, go sit quietly, whittle something and think harder....20 mins detention and see me after!

GARY ENGLISH
29-05-2009, 12:26
Lawn darts is a good game for all ages, not exspensive and easy avaiable.

tony
29-05-2009, 16:13
what about the best dressed cowgal & cowboy couple & not forgetting the injuns the best dressed injun couple ?
you would have to have cowboy & injun music to make it more exciting.
tony

channa
29-05-2009, 20:23
Lawn darts is a good game for all ages, not exspensive and easy avaiable.

A-ha A-ha...see Hiawatha...Channa's Chopper Challenge...Not as daft as it sounds now is it ???....Americanising it using Tomahawks ???...or a couple of hatchets from B and Q :)

And you wanted to stick me in a corner with a defammatory head dress.:eek:

Did I ever tell you about one of my ladyfriends, a Mescaralo Apache ???

( looking for heart like emotives but there arent any )

Channa

tony
29-05-2009, 21:03
bring back " GERONIMO "

LaughingHeart
30-05-2009, 08:30
Osiyo Channa, I did actually take your idea on board, the detention bit was in fun of course. I noticed you opened you message with: A HA, A HA. That is Cherokee for YES, YES. No is UH, UH. The GIs brought those into English language in WW2. I am Pleased to hear of your friend, you will probably have an insight into where I'm coming from when I am jovial with you in Brotherhood! Most of us 'Redskins' are cheeky, happy folk, who can 'take it'. I am a little worried about using real choppers with Kids around, so maybe Horseshoes? You may have 3 house points! Paol. [Nah Li]

LaughingHeart
30-05-2009, 08:44
bring back " GERONIMO "

If only we could Tony, also Red Cloud, Chief Joseph, Quanah Parker and all of those great and wise men. We would have someone to vote for!!!!
It's a shame that you and Channa can't come to my meet, at least I would have fun warding off and chucking insults! [in the best possible taste of course!!] Now.... that sounds like a good party game! Loser buys the beer? Paol.

Pioneer
30-05-2009, 10:38
what about archery ? the cowboys against the indians. you should be good with a bow & arrow.
tony

Last time I played Cowboys and Indians, I got an arrow stuck into my lower leg, it did have a 2" nail strapped to the end of it:eek: still got the mark to prove it, so be carefull:D The lad who shot me was an Indian at the time, but I think he was a cowboy, and still is:D:D Hope he doesn't read this:p

LaughingHeart
30-05-2009, 11:39
Pioneer,
Not to worry, although some of the later 'Pioneers' had trouble with arrows and other sharp bits, you may have 'safe passage' across my lands! There are a few Cowboys about, they carry spanners and charge......60 quid an hour!!! Go polish your tin Ti Pi and enjoy the sun. Paol.
PS might just borrow my Brother-in laws garden archery set for the meet. P.

GrandmaLiz
30-05-2009, 14:20
How about a treasure hunt - a list of items to collect, time limit to find them, and a simple prize for the winner (most items found - for a 'draw' the quickest time wins). It could be played individually or in teams (results could be 'weighted' to take account of number of players in a team).

LaughingHeart
30-05-2009, 14:23
I was told that you were the only treasure worth hunting!.....Thanks, that's a good one! Paol.

LaughingHeart
30-05-2009, 23:30
Channa, We got the horseshoes. It turned out that Phill and Sam, two of the lovely folk coming to the meet, have got a proper set of throwing horseshoes with the posts etc and are going to bring them along!
We now have: Tug o' war, Tic Tac spitting, Archery, Horseshoes, French boules and any other ideas please! Nothing with pointy bits though, because I am not allowed anything sharp! Paol.

channa
31-05-2009, 10:09
It sounds like it should be an hilarious occasion.

I am sure you will all have plenty of fun

Channa

tony
01-06-2009, 21:13
If only we could Tony, also Red Cloud, Chief Joseph, Quanah Parker and all of those great and wise men. We would have someone to vote for!!!!
It's a shame that you and Channa can't come to my meet, at least I would have fun warding off and chucking insults! [in the best possible taste of course!!] Now.... that sounds like a good party game! Loser buys the beer? Paol.

paol. we have pictures of geronimo & red cloud here.
it is a crying shame the way those people were treated.
when the people of ireland were starving during the famine it was the indians who sent supplies over to them.
tony

channa
01-06-2009, 21:44
A PC post this one...

I am immensly proud to be English, but the English have been t**ts in the past, that I accept.

But this generation isnt guilty or culpable of what our forefathers did . .so best consigned to history ?

FWIW and perhaps my own interpretation, St Andrews Day, St Davids and particularly St Patricks all celebrated by respective nations with pride and passion.

St Georges day though it seems is just another day, and thanks to the mindless behaviour of the morons, any attempts at attempting to be English are greeted at best that there is an undercurrent of racism ,abhorrent attitude etc.....Very sad.

Channa

channa
01-06-2009, 21:52
Sorry LH I have gone OT yet again ...But I trust you appreciate my sentiments are honourable..

So Back on Topic ...we got spittin tic tacs....Hey what about cow dung Hurling? seein as the welly wangin has been deemed unacceptable.

( always a bonafide excuse to hurl accidental dung at killjoys who want bedtime at 8..pm ):cool:

I guess I will never be a gabriel type angel chappy !!!!;)

Channa

lenny
01-06-2009, 21:55
Well done Laughingheart , I,ve just latched on to this thread and it gave me a good chuckle:D, I,ve got some ideas for games from when I was in the Terriers but I dont think it would be wise to print them, ie. "The dance of the flaming Ar*eholes":eek:,What with this being a family forum:rolleyes:.
Anyway, I hope you all have a great meet and look forward to the posts and piccy,s:)

channa
01-06-2009, 22:29
Well done Laughingheart , I,ve just latched on to this thread and it gave me a good chuckle:D, I,ve got some ideas for games from when I was in the Terriers but I dont think it would be wise to print them, ie. "The dance of the flaming Ar*eholes":eek:,What with this being a family forum:rolleyes:.
Anyway, I hope you all have a great meet and look forward to the posts and piccy,s:)

Leonardo :eek:....Not the rings of fire game !!!:eek:...yes thankfully sanity saved by possible family partciipation in our collective ramblings.

I was always fascinated by the flame colours tho :eek: bearing in mind I was crap at chemistry lol

Channa

tony
02-06-2009, 11:58
A PC post this one...

I am immensly proud to be English, but the English have been t**ts in the past, that I accept.

But this generation isnt guilty or culpable of what our forefathers did . .so best consigned to history ?

FWIW and perhaps my own interpretation, St Andrews Day, St Davids and particularly St Patricks all celebrated by respective nations with pride and passion.

St Georges day though it seems is just another day, and thanks to the mindless behaviour of the morons, any attempts at attempting to be English are greeted at best that there is an undercurrent of racism ,abhorrent attitude etc.....Very sad.

Channa

i say leave history where it belongs-in the history books.
my wifes brother in law who is english wont go to n ireland because of what happened there ie what it cost england in securiety etc.
the scenary up there
is great & the majoriety of the people are friendly so let bygones be bygones.
tony

LaughingHeart
03-06-2009, 20:29
That's fine Tony. I don't really want to go this road, but some of my people are still suffering. Nuff said, end of story! Any one who has not got an anal fetish or is not a pyromaniac, can give ideas here for 'silly sports at my meet! The burning posterior brigade can go stand in the corner and see me afterwards! Paol.

Morgan01
23-06-2009, 11:02
The best game is baseball and i really love playing it.

LaughingHeart
23-06-2009, 14:47
The best game is baseball and i really love playing it.
Thanks for the idea, but as we are on a camp site, base ball would be too dangerous. The games will be played in a very small area where we cant have 'missiles' hurtling around!
Paol.

lyn
23-06-2009, 15:28
Hi I have only just joined but would like to come along. May not be able to get down to later on the Saturday but it would be nice to meet up with you all.

Games - stone skimming - don't think it's got a name we just used to call it duck/drake - you skim a flat stone across the water to see how many times it jumps up

I could do a 'fun' pass the parcel with lots of forfeits for the evening:rolleyes:
;)

lyn

LaughingHeart
23-06-2009, 17:27
Hi I have only just joined but would like to come along. May not be able to get down to later on the Saturday but it would be nice to meet up with you all.

Games - stone skimming - don't think it's got a name we just used to call it duck/drake - you skim a flat stone across the water to see how many times it jumps up

I could do a 'fun' pass the parcel with lots of forfeits for the evening:rolleyes:
;)

lyn

You would be most welcome Lyn, You would have to book for the meet [4 nights], but talk to Julie [manager] and see if you can book independently for 1 or 2 nights. you would have to pay 'normal' rates though.
Paol.

knollgardener1
23-06-2009, 22:33
Thanks for the idea, but as we are on a camp site, base ball would be too dangerous. The games will be played in a very small area where we cant have 'missiles' hurtling around!
Paol.

how about quoit throwing? For anyone with less knowledge(rope hoops to be aimed at a target/pole at some distance away) Or is that deemed as being too dangerous as well? And then there is a more sensible game like penang/bool.
How about tiddly-winks(for confined spaces)?

sasquatch
24-06-2009, 06:14
A massive water fight!
I have a theory that if Charles the second hadn't been restored to the throne America would still be a British colony. It was disenchantment with King George that caused the American revoloution or am I being too simplistice this early?

Pioneer
24-06-2009, 09:47
Hi LaughingHeart,
Once when travelling Austria and in a Bar, after a few wee Bevvies, a three foot length log of wood, 1.5ft dia, was stood up in the centre of the room and with the use of a Ball Pein Hammer (thin edge) had to knock a 2" round nail into the end of the log with 1 strike of the hammer If you failed, another Bevvy was ordered:D
I can tell you a lot of people got P-----d, and had lots of fun.
Can't possibly make your fun meet, but hopfully next time.
Good luck.

Happy Camping:)

sasquatch
24-06-2009, 15:16
To practice for my forthcoming trip to Mongolia (without van) we devised a game to learn how to use squat toilets,also useful in remote parts of France. Take a length of string and tie a pencil to one end,then tie it around the back of the persons belt or waistband until the point of the pencil is just behind the back of the knee. The game is then to lower the pencil into a bottle placed on the ground between the persons legs.

petercheason
24-06-2009, 15:38
I am looking for any ideas for 'games' for folk to have fun with at my meet on Hayling Island, Sept 11th-15th 09. We have limited space, so I'm not sure that we can do the 'Wellie Wanging' as planed. We will have 'Tug 'O War', Tic-Tac Spitting and Boules. If you can help by posting details of any other 'Crazy' games we can arrange, I would be most appreciative. We will be enjoying a display of John and Margaret's Birds of Prey and having an American supper/ party on Sat evening. The games are for Sat afternoon. There are some places left if you want to join us! [ see; invitation to my meet] It's all about; fun, laughter, having a good time and meeting folk! There is tidal waters on 2 sides of the site, so if you have any 'wet' game ideas, that would be good. [ evil...ain't I just!] Having said that, although this is an organised site, there is no reason why we can't be a bit 'wild'

having just read your post to another thread laughing heart ...and we are the same age , how about spot the hair or smartest wrinkly suit contest ?????

ajs
25-06-2009, 09:44

i hear "pass the parcel" is popular:rolleyes:

regards:D
aj

robert b
26-06-2009, 14:57
so was "spin the bottle" but it must be empty .

ianmorgan
28-06-2009, 22:06
I am looking for any ideas for 'games' for folk to have fun with at my meet on Hayling Island, Sept 11th-15th 09.

you should have a dog show
best male
best bitch
wagyist tail
etc
it would get the pet lovers involved.

cheers IAN.

lyn
29-06-2009, 13:18

i hear "pass the parcel" is popular:rolleyes:

regards:D
aj

My pass the parcel will need the contestants to be 'game for a laugh'!!;):D I have decided to have 2 parcels, with so many people going it will be easier with 2 smaller parcels.

lyn

LaughingHeart
30-06-2009, 09:45
Note for those coming to my meet: Please remember to bring some food for the American supper on the Sat evening. 'Finger food' is probably best. I am really looking forward to meeting you all, as I know we are going to have a good, fun time! More than 30 people so far and more bookings being made. The site may make us an 'event', so we might have others on site at the time joining in for the games etc. We also might have a mini 'fun' dog show on Sunday. Everybody's dog can join in! I will see what interest there is when everybody arrives. If anyone needs help setting up on arrival, please don't be shy to ask. We have some very experienced assistance available. also. if you play an instrument, please bring it along. We could make up a cabaret for the party [amp and mic supplied]
As the song says, "See you in September".....Paol.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS