PDA

View Full Version : Places to park in Hull

wildcampersandlovingit
31-05-2009, 18:03
Hi guys

We are needing to go up to Hull for a night in July for a friend's wedding.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we could park close to the centre, or on a good bus route that runs until the wee small hours :)

Cheers

channa
31-05-2009, 18:11
plenty of places around St Andrew Quay ...you could park.

Between St Andrews Quay and Hessle Foreshore ...A few parking spots that should be quiet enough and you shouldnt get bother.

Channa

wildcampersandlovingit
31-05-2009, 18:35
Cheers Channa

Are the bus links good late at night from there? (knowing I will probably end up drinking a couple whilst helping the happy couple celebrate!). Need to know if we can get back about 2 in the morning

channa
31-05-2009, 18:38
Not sure about bus links tbh...but the cost of a taxi wouldnt be prohibitive and possibly comparable with the amount spent on the buses
Channa

Janeyjane
31-05-2009, 21:08
Hi guys

We are needing to go up to Hull for a night in July for a friend's wedding.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we could park close to the centre, or on a good bus route that runs until the wee small hours :)

Cheers

Hi

Apparently Motorhomes are also allowed to use the lorry park at the Hessle park and ride, which has all the facilities including electric hook up. The Sainsburys across the road has a cafe too, if you're too hung over to cook breakfast ;-) Never used it, as I live in Hull, but only a few quid, apparently. Tend not to use buses, so not sure what time the last one is. Don't imagine you'll be able to get one anywhere in Hull at 2am! Black cab would be less than a tenner to there though, less if you book private hire.

Jane

channa
31-05-2009, 21:13
Hi

Apparently Motorhomes are also allowed to use the lorry park at the Hessle park and ride, which has all the facilities including electric hook up. The Sainsburys across the road has a cafe too, if you're too hung over to cook breakfast ;-) Never used it, as I live in Hull, but only a few quid, apparently. Tend not to use buses, so not sure what time the last one is. Don't imagine you'll be able to get one anywhere in Hull at 2am! Black cab would be less than a tenner to there though, less if you book private hire.

Jane

Thanks Jane I had forgot about the lorry park ...and you are spot on ...the cost of a taxi at 2.oo am is probably marginally more than two fares on the bus

Channa

Janeyjane
31-05-2009, 21:56
Thanks Jane I had forgot about the lorry park ...and you are spot on ...the cost of a taxi at 2.oo am is probably marginally more than two fares on the bus

Channa

Didn't realise there were other lurcals on the forum ;-)

Jane

channa
31-05-2009, 22:00
Didn't realise there were other lurcals on the forum ;-)

Jane

I have never resided in Hull, But I know it quite well from Work and Chucking the occasional lead in the Humber.

Often to be found behind Makro the Bullnose and even Paull !!! :)

Channa

vera
01-06-2009, 09:18
We have stayed at the Lorry Park in Hull ,as you mentioned it is right next to the Park and Ride into Hull and then easy for a Taxi Back.
THe cost was £8.00 per night with Electric and there are Toilets (Spotless) and Showers 20p behind the Security Office.We were charged £2.00 Deposit for a Swipe Card to access the gate which is monitored from the office on site 24hrs.There was only ourselves and one other Motorhome when we were there earlier this year the Security Guard told us it is not very well advertised.My Husband had a few hours in the Village Hotel nearby in the Sauna and Swimming Pool you can pay for a day pass £10 that includes all the leisure facilities, they also serve Breakfast (Buffet Style) to non residents might be good for the Wedding Hangover. Would definately reccomed the Stopover we will use it again when passing-Sue

AndyC
02-06-2009, 13:25
Hull City Council say that motorhomes are not permitted to park overnight at the Priory Park lorry park. :(

AndyC

vera
02-06-2009, 14:24
1) With respect to Hull parking, adjacent to the Priory Park Park and Ride near Hessle there is an overnight lorry parking facility with toilets, waste disposal, and electric hook ups are available, this is a secure compound and motorhomes are allowed at a cost of £8 for 24 hours. (Thanks to PK for this information, received on 9th January 2007).
2) Just a note to say we stayed at Hull Park & Ride - very friendly and helpful council staff - clean toilets and good value at £8 including electric hook up. (Thanks to SS for this information, received on 20th February 2009).

Just copied this entry from Motorhome Stop Site.We are going to Hull at the end of June and intend staying on the park again I will post the response then

vera
02-06-2009, 14:37
Hi just to add to my post above. I have just phoned the Lorry park and spoke to the Security Guard who assures me that you can park your Motorhome for£8.00 tel no 01482 331895. there is room for 32 vehicles, no need to pre book just turn up.Thought I would just confirm before we head that way ourselves-Sue

AndyC
02-06-2009, 17:04
Hi just to add to my post above. I have just phoned the Lorry park and spoke to the Security Guard who assures me that you can park your Motorhome for£8.00 tel no 01482 331895. there is room for 32 vehicles, no need to pre book just turn up.Thought I would just confirm before we head that way ourselves-Sue

Well, I guess if the attendant doesn't mind then you'll be OK :)

However, his bosses in the city council have a different view:

"At present motor homes are not permitted to park overnight at the PrioryPark site, it is only available for lorry drivers."
John Blackburn
Technical Assistant
Hull City Council

AndyC

AndyC
03-06-2009, 10:34
I've queried Hull City Council about their earlier assertion that overnight motorhome parking was not permitted at the Priory Park lorry park.

They have now apologised for giving incorrect information and confirmed officially that motorhomes can stay overnight there :)

AndyC

Nykos
21-06-2009, 22:22
Hi all
Thanks to all for the previous posts.

We have just come back from staying at the Hull Priory Park and Ride "Lorry and Campervan" stop for a whole weekend. (two nights)
It was great. Only two lorries and we had the rest of the clean and secure park to ourselves.
The security guards could not have been more helpfull, everything from guiding us to find the place, to where and what to see in Hull.

The lorry park costs £8 plus a £2 refundable deposit for the security card, this includes use of the toilets and electric hook up.

The two showers housed adjoining to the security building were clean and functional but the shower costs £1 for three minutes. (hot and powerfull though)

Being on a park and ride we caught the bus to town for only £2.10 return per adults, kids (under 12) went free with an adult.

There is an Aldi and 24 hours Sainsburys only 200 meters away from the park and across the main road by footpath, there is a easy access to the Trans Pennine Trail along the Humber estuary in view of the Humber Bridge.

The only down side was the railyway line at the back of the park, but to be honest we hardly noticed it after the first couple of trains and they seemed to stop through the night.

We enjoyed our time in Hull, The Deep Aquarium was great and the Museum quarter with many free museums was worth a visit. Also the Fish trail was fun and I sugggest you start your tour with a visit to the Tourist Information.

Thanks again

Cheers for now

channa
21-06-2009, 22:41
Hull as a tourist destination ? whatever next ?

On a serious not glad you enjoyed it....perhaps next time for a day trip if nothing else Spurn point is well worth a visit.

However dogs are banned !!! coz it is a bird sanctuary.

channa

Janeyjane
22-06-2009, 20:26
Weird.... twice in two weeks...

Last week I caught up with someone who used to come over to Hull for work a few years back and he'd just brought a party of 15 over to Hull for the weekend, as tourists this time, and loved every minute!! Perhaps I ought to do the 'touristy' thing around my own home town, see what I'm missing....!!

Jane

darren
19-11-2009, 11:04
just been reading a few posts about hessle park and ride,has anybody been there recently,read one post very good comments but the next post Iread said no overnighting for motorhomes

vera
19-11-2009, 13:17

We have not been since June but I read on another forum yesterday that the site has been sold to "Someone from south of Watford Gap" don,t know if its true but maybe worth a phone call if you are heading that way, we are off to York Racecourse this weekend- Sue

zebulon
23-03-2010, 14:34
You can park in my drive, I an only 15 mins from City.

Jim M
17-04-2011, 21:09
Sorry to say no one will be able to stay at the park & ride truck park soon as the council in there infinite wisdom are closing the site as of the 1st of May
I am on the site as I type this and the security guards have told / confirmed this so I suggest you locate a site before you come to Hull
Sorry to break the bad news

Still best to be prepared

Canalsman
17-04-2011, 22:57
Thanks for the update - removed from the database :(

Regards

Chris

vera
18-04-2011, 07:11
That is a bit of sad news. We stay at they Park and Ride site a few times a year when using the ferries and have always found they staff very pleasent.
We will have to look for a new stop over.
Thats the council and all their cutbacks.

AndyC
18-04-2011, 14:18
Sorry to say no one will be able to stay at the park & ride truck park soon as the council in there infinite wisdom are closing the site as of the 1st of May
I am on the site as I type this and the security guards have told / confirmed this so I suggest you locate a site before you come to Hull
Sorry to break the bad news

Still best to be prepared
That's a shame - I think it was quite often used by motorhomes.

I'll be in touch with the City Council to confirm the details and see whether any alternative will be offered.

AndyC

wilthebeast
18-04-2011, 19:15
If you want to over night near HULL then try cliff road on the bank of the humber we have stayed there with no problem and the country park pub is just a short walk .

502219, 425395

Canalsman
18-04-2011, 19:36
If you want to over night near HULL then try cliff road on the bank of the humber we have stayed there with no problem and the country park pub is just a short walk .

502219, 425395

Looking at Streetview, there are notices prohibiting overnight sleeping in vehicles ... :(

wilthebeast
18-04-2011, 19:55
Sorry Chris for giving wrong info,but living so close to the area we did not read the signs but we had no problems staying over night , there is also SAINT ANDREWS key lots of parking places were i have seen motorhomes parked overnight with no problems , just off the A63

Old_Arthur
19-04-2011, 05:38
Sorry Chris for giving wrong info,but living so close to the area we did not read the signs but we had no problems staying over night , there is also SAINT ANDREWS key lots of parking places were i have seen motorhomes parked overnight with no problems , just off the A63

:lol-053: nice one kieth john prescott would be proud of you :beer:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS