PDA

View Full Version : Number Plates (Registration Plates)

grath
31-03-2017, 09:36
I wonder how many of us are going to change our registration plates to remove the GB part.
Before we were in the European Union the GB plates were larger as per for when you are driving in non European Union Countries.
We ofter notice European Motorhomers looking at number plates to see which Country vans are from.

Alf
31-03-2017, 09:46
Why change the GB plate it can be left,... its the EU that will be obsolete.

My plates are UK Ones anyway.

Alf

I wonder how many of us are going to change our registration plates to remove the GB part.
Before we were in the European Union the GB plates were larger as per for when you are driving in non European Union Countries.
We ofter notice European Motorhomers looking at number plates to see which Country vans are from.

bartman
31-03-2017, 10:05
I did a temporary fix on mine

Alternatively you can buy a stick-on Union Flag (or England, Wales, Scotland, NI, Cornwall) to stick over it. Either way, you'll have to display a separate approved GB sticker for foreign travel, but I suspect that eventually that will be required anyway.

mark61
31-03-2017, 10:10
GB on mine too, have no plans to change plates, but am open to ideas as to what to do with the EU symbol. :p

grath
31-03-2017, 11:56
I expect the smaller GB as shown on the Euro Plates, will probably no longer be legal (after Brexit) and the previous large version will be required!

mandrake
31-03-2017, 12:11
GB on mine too, have no plans to change plates, but am open to ideas as to what to do with the EU symbol. :p

its a family forum realy ,i would rather not say but its where monkeys stick there nuts ,preferably up junkers or murtles

witzend
31-03-2017, 12:13
I'd have thought the Law which states that if it's legal in the home country it's accepted where ever would still apply

grath
31-03-2017, 12:16
I'd have thought the Law which states that if it's legal in the home country it's accepted where ever would still apply
I think it was a European thing and is not strictly legal when going to non European Union Countries.
I have also ordered a set of pressed non Euro land plates for my old style reg

witzend
31-03-2017, 12:34
I think it was a European thing and is not strictly legal when going to non European Union

I never gave it a though I've driven in Norway, Switzerland with the Van in the last 5 yrs without problem. And can't think of anywhere else I'd want to go.
Does anyone have to make other arrangements when going to Moroco

trevskoda
31-03-2017, 12:39
I did a temporary fix on mine

Alternatively you can buy a stick-on Union Flag (or England, Wales, Scotland, NI, Cornwall) to stick over it. Either way, you'll have to display a separate approved GB sticker for foreign travel, but I suspect that eventually that will be required anyway.

Some parts of n/i would murder you if a union flag was seen,some vans here have either irl or gb but it singles you out..:hammer:

mark61
31-03-2017, 12:44
I never gave it a though I've driven in Norway, Switzerland with the Van in the last 5 yrs without problem. And can't think of anywhere else I'd want to go.
Does anyone have to make other arrangements when going to Moroco

Never checked the rules, but been a few times with just GB on number plate.

GWAYGWAY
31-03-2017, 13:35

A frames?????

grath
31-03-2017, 14:33
I think my van will be cloaked:ninja:
Old style plate with small number, no GB sticker, and LHD:dance::dog:

Looks a but Luxembourg ish! LOL

Now, how can I cloak the scooter!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS