PDA

View Full Version : Applecross Bay....

Mountain
05-04-2017, 16:10
Hi we're stopping at Applecross Bay and were both Newbie's.... We're planning on doing a two week stint in a borrowed motorhome just to see if we can Wild Camp but we'll be on a managed sites every 3 days for the necessity s....Has anyone been here and parked up...Any advice pls...

hope88
23-05-2017, 15:32
There is a stretch of grass right on the front of the bay where I have seen a large amount of vehicles camping for free. I absolutely kicked myself because we came into Applecross from the bealach na ba and arrived late, saw a campsite and opted for that rather than trying to find a wild spot. On leaving in the morning we drove on for 10 minutes and passed this spot with lots of campers parked up - had just spent 17 per person to park in a campsite 10mins away! Good luck hope you find somewhere. I've driven the north coast 500, Skye and around loch lomond/fort William etc so if you have any questions I can hopefully help

runnach
23-05-2017, 16:15
I normally park up at end of bay. When I visited Easter hols, you can no longer access grass area due to large boulders and parts of the grass chopped up to deny access. I moved on.

While I have loved this area for decades, they can ram it if they are trying to force me onto the extortionately priced campsite. I always fuel up at Applecross, we always eat at least once in the Inn. They're loss, not mine.

Stitch
23-05-2017, 18:03
If you do stop there it's nice to pop into the Potting Shed Cafe.

Mountain
24-05-2017, 06:31
There is a stretch of grass right on the front of the bay where I have seen a large amount of vehicles camping for free. I absolutely kicked myself because we came into Applecross from the bealach na ba and arrived late, saw a campsite and opted for that rather than trying to find a wild spot. On leaving in the morning we drove on for 10 minutes and passed this spot with lots of campers parked up - had just spent 17 per person to park in a campsite 10mins away! Good luck hope you find somewhere. I've driven the north coast 500, Skye and around loch lomond/fort William etc so if you have any questions I can hopefully help
We're not brave enough yet to do the pass so hopefully we'll see the grass you mentioned on the way in....Keep in touch....Keith

runnach
24-05-2017, 09:53
We're not brave enough yet to do the pass so hopefully we'll see the grass you mentioned on the way in....Keep in touch....Keith

Pass is a dawdle, if you go down (which I always do) you can take in the views.

Obanboy666
24-05-2017, 13:32
I usually stop at LR Applecross bay, great view over to Applecross, tarmac but on a slope and usually quiet.
Approx 1/2 hour walk to the pub.

caledonia
24-05-2017, 14:37
Apart from the Inn I can't really see the attraction off Applecross. There are better places to park up in the area.

Deleted user 21925
24-05-2017, 14:38
Apart from the Inn I can't really see the attraction off Applecross. There are better places to park up in the area.

I love it at the Inn, usually in winter though.

Sand bay is always an option.

carol
24-05-2017, 18:17
I love it at the Inn, usually in winter though.

Sand bay is always an option.

And I'll bet you're still allowed to park there! 😊

Deleted user 21925
24-05-2017, 18:19
And I'll bet you're still allowed to park there! 😊

Maybe, maybe not Carol. :D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS