PDA

View Full Version : Sykehouses nr doncaster

kimbowbill
06-06-2009, 15:44
i found a really nice spot last night for bird and boat watching at Sykehouses, i checked out for 'no camping' signs and all was ok, until this morning, the 'water bailiff' knocked me up telling me i couldnt stay, overnight (bit too late) i asked where the signs were and he said there isn't any, he went on about the rule book for anglers, surely as i am not an angler, i could park, its council owned land, i didn't argue with the chap as he was polite enough, but he got this book of rules out for anglers and it did say no camping, is that not just for anglers tho? i would like to go back, does anyone have any advice on the legalities, dont want to upset anyone but if its council property surely i should be allowed to enjoy it same as the anglers,

bob690
06-06-2009, 19:58
Hi bill, my answer to a jobsworth(although a polite one) like this would be, Im not camping at all, unlike you I have been awake all night surveying the area for otters and mink. This is a motorhome not a tent, I have neither cooked nor slept, and the the local byelaws are not valid because there is no sign, and I,m not a clairvoyant!....Bob

urbtaf
06-06-2009, 21:12
Be carefull he might have the power to confiscate your angling licence, for breaking the rules for anglers!!!!!!!!!!!! the fact you havent got one wouldnt stop him, Ive great faith in these brave upholders of THE RULES not to stop a little thing like that get in the way of them performing their duty:rolleyes:

kimbowbill
07-06-2009, 09:58
Hi bill, my answer to a jobsworth(although a polite one) like this would be, Im not camping at all, unlike you I have been awake all night surveying the area for otters and mink. This is a motorhome not a tent, I have neither cooked nor slept, and the the local byelaws are not valid because there is no sign, and I,m not a clairvoyant!....Bob

nice one bob, wish i could have thought of that, i will know next time, its such a lovely place and local for me, but i dont want to upset anyone, :)

Jolly Wally
27-06-2009, 23:52
nice one bob, wish i could have thought of that, i will know next time, its such a lovely place and local for me, but i dont want to upset anyone, :)

hi i live near there and know the spot go and tell him to go forth and multiply---------!;)

kimbowbill
28-06-2009, 18:23
hi i live near there and know the spot go and tell him to go forth and multiply---------!;)

Really? can i?, i'd love too, its a nice spot, i'l tell him you told me to say it:)

channa
28-06-2009, 23:28
It might be worth asking the landlord at the Old George if you can use their carpark ...It is quite large...There is also the windmill i think it is called a Ph about 200 yds nearer the Canal.

If interested, I know a place in Fenwick ( not far away ) for 7 per night including electric.

It is a CC Cl but I dont think the owner would be over concerned if you knocked at the door

Channa

leoibb
09-07-2009, 17:59
a few people i know fly down there and we use a field to camp in

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS