PDA

View Full Version : Cowbar warning

phase3begins
29-05-2017, 06:09
Deputation at my door last night. Landowner and two neighbours.
Cassette contents and straightforward crapping all around the carpark. One clever soul tipped contents over the fence onto middle of the national Cleveland Way footpath.
The deputation are now considering asking for formal access control / barrier.
Can only ask that if you use this POI try to educate any idiots you see there.

helen262
29-05-2017, 07:50
I think the idiots that do that are beyond educating

maja07
29-05-2017, 08:00
Unbelievable !! Did you actually see the person tipping onto footpath...were they just normal motorhomers...how can people behave like that ? Maja

trevskoda
29-05-2017, 08:50
You will never stop this,bit like asking smokers not to turf there fag ends or spit on footpaths or drunks not to pee in doorways,baseball bat is the only effective form of education.:hammer:

phase3begins
29-05-2017, 10:19
Unbelievable !! Did you actually see the person tipping onto footpath...were they just normal motorhomers...how can people behave like that ? Maja

It was the deputation told me so I wandered up with them to look. Was so.
As I own a camper obviously I am responsible for all motorhome issues

mickymost
29-05-2017, 10:30
As usual the few spoil it for the many!

John Thompson
29-05-2017, 10:46
We are on the run up to Applyby Horse Fair and there are many Travelling at present on their way there. This type of behaviour is often reported associated with this group.

That said there are some outside the Travelling community that behave badly as well.

kimbowbill
29-05-2017, 11:26
Oh no, what a shame, such a beautiful spot.

groyne
02-06-2017, 10:24
Cowbar was my first wild camp spot.
As John Thompson says, Appleby horse fair is near, we've had several parties of travelers stopping. Last lot formed a circle and had a fire going on a grassed playing area, right next to a carpark that Local Libdem councilor (now trying for MP, no chance) Josh Mason got overnight stopping banned.

alcam
05-06-2017, 14:31
Deputation at my door last night. Landowner and two neighbours.
Cassette contents and straightforward crapping all around the carpark. One clever soul tipped contents over the fence onto middle of the national Cleveland Way footpath.
The deputation are now considering asking for formal access control / barrier.
Can only ask that if you use this POI try to educate any idiots you see there.

I see lots more rented MHs these days , is it possible they are more likely to be so 'thoughtless' ?

jann
05-06-2017, 14:53
Great pity,always been a nice quiet spot

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS