PDA

View Full Version : Hooligans vandalise Buerstner at 5am

Talbot
04-06-2017, 12:36
Parked overnight with 30+ other motorhomes at Caberceno safari park. We were woken up at 5am by a really loud bang and an almighty yell from a fellow camper. Looked out the window and saw three people with torches starring at the Buerstner. At the time we thought something must have crashed down inside his motorhome. However, in the morning I approached our neighbour in the Buerstner and asked what had happened in the night. He told me three yobs came down from the village with metal bars and smacked them hard into the rear panel of his Buerstner. He showed me the damage and the metal bars were lying on the ground where they dropped them and ran off after hearing his yell. There was at least 8 other British vans parked up but I didn't notice any WC stickers. In our 9 years of wild camping we've never come across anything like this. Quite startling and such a shame for the Belgian couple with their new Buerstner. Really enjoyed our walk around the safari park. It's a fabulous place to stay.

wakk44
04-06-2017, 12:48
We have overnighted there on the way up to catch the return Santander ferry and quite agree it is a very good stop.The village looked very quiet so it's surprising that local yobs did this.I wonder why they singled out the Belgian registered Burstner to vandalise.Could it be because it was new motorhome envy or just because they were Belgian.It's not very often that motorhomes are vandalised like this,it's usually an attempted theft that causes damage.

Talbot
04-06-2017, 13:10
Yes, that's exactly what we thought. Another English lady told me she heard a rowdy group of youths at 2am causing a disturbance but eventually left. We must have slept through that one as never heard a thing. Don't know if the same ones returned at 5am. We were parked next to the Buerstner, but his mh was the first available one as you enter the car park. I guess he was just unlucky. Why anyone would get up at 5am to vandalise a motorhome is beyond me. Seems so senseless.

AllanD
04-06-2017, 14:01
That's rough! Glad you two and your van are ok Brian, feel sorry for your neighbour in the Buerstner though.

Allan.

wakk44
04-06-2017, 16:36
That's rough! Glad you two and your van are ok Brian, feel sorry for your neighbour in the Buerstner though.

Allan.

They tend to go for the German vans like Buerstners,Hymuers and Frankuers.:lol-053:

Talbot
04-06-2017, 16:56
We've since heard that someone challenged the youths at 2am because they were causing a disturbance. We don't know for sure but maybe it was the Belgian man in the Buerstner. It is then possible that they sort revenge and came back at 5am to teach him a lesson. Perhaps the moral of this story is to keep your head down and don't get involved.

grath
04-06-2017, 18:49
They tend to go for the German vans like Buerstners,Hymuers and Frankuers.:lol-053:
Just ordered some Swift Decals to cover my Humer stickers:wacko:
anyway, not a very nice experience for the Belgium Guy

AllanD
04-06-2017, 18:54

Chuckle, ok then, Bürstner :lol-053:

Talbot
04-06-2017, 19:36
I think it can be spelt both ways. Probably depends if you're German or a Brit. LOL

Wohnwagen und Wohnmobile für Ihren Urlaub kaufen Sie vom Hersteller Bürstner - Bürstner (https://www.buerstner.com/de/)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS